View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngtut79 View Post
When I was using either Energy or intx roms, someone there seemed to be the definitive source, claiming that I should flash and hard reset. I wholeheartedly agree that its a MAJOR waste of time and MAJOR pita. Only after having problems with previous roms do i practice the "flash dance" as OMJ called it. The one time since, that i didn't do the dance, I had problems. But then again, I didn't flash to stock first. I went OMJ to OMJ. Is it user preference or is it standard to flash stock btw custom roms?

it's standard practice if you want bug free. the practical "flash dance" would be you flash stock sprint, then as soon as you get an AS connection flash OMJ (or custom), you don't have to mess with the calibration and CU crap for the stock sprint. This will keep your flashes bug free. stock sprint first is a must to stay bug free, but all the hard resets are a waste of time.

what I do is always keep stock sprint as DIAMIMG.NBH on my root on internal storage. whenever I want to flash a new ROM just do bootloader reflash (vol down, back arrow button, then press power) bootload will ask if want to flash, hit yes, it will flash stock, reset and connect to pc, as soon as I get an AS connection flash custom. This way I don't always have to keep sprint stock on hand (since I use different computers to flash custom)
This post has been thanked 1 times.