View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM
kngtut79
Lurker

kngtut79 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kngtut79
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Flashing again/hard resetting won't solve anything and just waste your time IMO. phcanvga.exe is controlling the position of the in-call screen. You need to make sure that program is running at all times on your phone for the dialer to work correctly on vga devices. Do not use any ram cleaners or any other things that may close the program (or make sure it does not close the program if you choose to run them). You can use a taskmanager like fdctaskmanager to see if phcanvga.exe is running on your phone under 'Processes'. If it is, the dialer should be positioned correctly while in-call.

Yeah, no kidding. I get a kick out of all the people who feel the need to flash to stock, hard reset, flash again, hard reset, etc. etc. All I've ever had to do is flash shipped rom, wait until it gets to calibration screen, and flash my custom ROM.
When I was using either Energy or intx roms, someone there seemed to be the definitive source, claiming that I should flash and hard reset. I wholeheartedly agree that its a MAJOR waste of time and MAJOR pita. Only after having problems with previous roms do i practice the "flash dance" as OMJ called it. The one time since, that i didn't do the dance, I had problems. But then again, I didn't flash to stock first. I went OMJ to OMJ. Is it user preference or is it standard to flash stock btw custom roms?