PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 03:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmagee251 View Post
I am running may 3rd 23566 rom. Its awesome but I was wondering if there is a way to fix the wifi router. It always says can not turn on wifi, or unable to connect or unsupported action.
Thanks
im glad u like it.... now about your issue....
i just checked it, and it works on the 23566 may 3rd version with my theme on it.
but i dont know if u using a different version.
u should state which theme version u using...
gtx and original theme are pretty much the same, but my themed is a little different.
please also note that if you are the only that has that issue on the rom ,you probably had a bad flash and might want to try and reflash or look into something u installed that might have caused it.

edit:
sorry man... i just checked both versions of my theme (6.5 and 6.5.x).
you are right... it doesn't connect.
wifi router does work.
ill have to say sorry cuz i dont have time to fix it in all roms until monday.
i would need to revert back to the older package.
thanks for finding an error.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 05-05-2010 at 03:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ICantAffordIt is just getting started
Re: [5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
Hello, downloaded and installed [05.03.2010]MikROM_23566.7z. I'm having trouble with predictive text in SMS messaging. It's not working. Also, when I start to enter a name in send TO it doesn't search for the name. I have to go to the contact list to add it. Thanks.
I've got this issue too, 23566 GTX.
Predictive text does work when you are replying, just not when you are typing a new message.

I also had a weird thing happen last night that I haven't seen before. The icon at the top of the screen (GTX theme notification area, not the taskbar) shows that I have 1 text message. The counter on the slider and the taskbar are both at zero and I can't find an unread text anywhere. A soft reset doesn't clear it up... I'm not sure what to do about that pesky little "1" notification.

The GTX theme is nice, but I think I'm going back to your Mikrom theme with the next update... thanks for all your work to make my diamond great

Last edited by ICantAffordIt; 05-05-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
I've got this issue too, 23566 GTX.
Predictive text does work when you are replying, just not when you are typing a new message.

I also had a weird thing happen last night that I haven't seen before. The icon at the top of the screen (GTX theme notification area, not the taskbar) shows that I have 1 text message. The counter on the slider and the taskbar are both at zero and I can't find an unread text anywhere. A soft reset doesn't clear it up... I'm not sure what to do about that pesky little "1" notification.

The GTX theme is nice, but I think I'm going back to your Mikrom theme with the next update... thanks for all your work to make my diamond great
im glad u coming back to my theme man... personally i dont like gtx so much but they did do a great job and it does make more sense to have the phone white so u could see whats on the screen during the day time in the sun.
anyways... maybe try to dismiss the notification and about the text messages... im not sure what u guys are talking about... it works for me.
maybe u using a different program to text... or maybe the xt9 button is just set to off.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:55 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
im glad u coming back to my theme man... personally i dont like gtx so much but they did do a great job and it does make more sense to have the phone white so u could see whats on the screen during the day time in the sun.
anyways... maybe try to dismiss the notification and about the text messages... im not sure what u guys are talking about... it works for me.
maybe u using a different program to text... or maybe the xt9 button is just set to off.
For the text notification, I can't figure out a way to dismiss the notification.

For the predictive texting. I go to the text tab on the slider. Either click the new text button, or click menu, then new. In the to box, it used to be predictive (start typing a contact, it would give you options), now you have to actually click the "To" area and select a contact.
Then when you start entering the text in the message area, it is by default on "ABC" but it doesn't matter if I click "XT9" or not, the program will not correct misspelled words or predict my words.
If you are replying to a message, here is what I notice:
If you click menu, then reply... it is the same, no predictive text.
If you click the message itself (in the messaging tab), it opens up the threaded messaging window or tab (I'm not sure what this is called), then you click in the blank space to begin typing your reply, now predictive texting works.
I am using the cab you posted earlier for the text bubbles, but I don't think that is the issue, I'll try uninstalling it and post back.
Edit: Uninstalling the text bubbles cab makes no difference. I would reflash, but I forgot to charge the phone last night and don't have enough battery left to do so.

Last edited by ICantAffordIt; 05-05-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: More info
Old 05-05-2010, 12:44 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmagee251 View Post
I am running may 3rd 23566 rom. Its awesome but I was wondering if there is a way to fix the wifi router. It always says can not turn on wifi, or unable to connect or unsupported action.
Thanks
I'm running the 5/3 23566 Mikrom themed ROM, and WiFi Router is working for me. I had to change it to use Data Connection instead of Phone As Modem, but then I had no problems.

As far as the ROM goes, it's running very well for me. I will mention that the bluetooth icon does not show up for me either, unless I have a bluetooth headset connected. The icon was there in your 23566 test ROM, though.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Arrow Re: SMS notification error

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
I've got this issue too, 23566 GTX........
HI IcantAfforIt,
In CoOKie Monster Mod Tread at XDA webpage someone report that same error with notification for SMS. There is a regedit you have to change to value "0" to fix that. Sorry don't remember more info or link. (You can reduce the search for the last 7 days, so don't search the 600iesh pages,
EDIT: I don't know if this will fix your problem but you can try an report if fix your sms notification. See the Link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6327)
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 05-08-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 PM
N00b

Re: SMS notification error

Thanks Sabroso, I tried that file, but it didn't work for me.
The steps I took:
Disable Sense
Run program
Enable Sense
Soft Reset

I'll just reflash tonight when my battery is in better shape.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
I'm running the 5/3 23566 Mikrom themed ROM, and WiFi Router is working for me. I had to change it to use Data Connection instead of Phone As Modem, but then I had no problems.

As far as the ROM goes, it's running very well for me. I will mention that the bluetooth icon does not show up for me either, unless I have a bluetooth headset connected. The icon was there in your 23566 test ROM, though.
yea dude... wifi router works good... its the connection to wifi that doesnt work.
if u go to commgr and push wifi... u get the found wifi networks... then when u try to connect it doesnt.
about the taskbar Bluetooth icons... there are two things that might cause it.
1) the new taskbar dll's just dont have that in them, a thinng that im not sure about cuz i didnt make the taskbar just modified it and used some dll's from my previous taskbar.
2) it could be the new taskbar manager that im using from the new test htc Hessian rom.

like i said... no time this week... but next ill have all the time i need to make sure everything works flawless... i also hope we'll get a new sys by then, and the new s2w theme.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

WI-FI Router turns on WiFi and works on both my Diamonds with amikam's MikROM_23566 Original Dark Theme ROM from 5/03/2010 as well. If it helps anyone, I first switch to "Computer to computer (ad-hoc) networks only" on the PC side, run WI-FI Router with sprint as the data connection on the Diamonds, and then just follow the normal steps to connect.

Best to all,
R
Old 05-05-2010, 03:41 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
yea dude... wifi router works good... its the connection to wifi that doesnt work.
if u go to commgr and push wifi... u get the found wifi networks... then when u try to connect it doesnt.
about the taskbar Bluetooth icons... there are two things that might cause it.
1) the new taskbar dll's just dont have that in them, a thinng that im not sure about cuz i didnt make the taskbar just modified it and used some dll's from my previous taskbar.
2) it could be the new taskbar manager that im using from the new test htc Hessian rom.

like i said... no time this week... but next ill have all the time i need to make sure everything works flawless... i also hope we'll get a new sys by then, and the new s2w theme.
Sorry, dude, just trying to help. Everything about WiFi router works for me. I can connect my laptop to my phone via WiFi router and browse the internet. About the Bluetooth icons, it's not a big deal to me, since I rarely use Bluetooth, but I thought I'd confirm an earlier report of the missing icon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development