PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21893 / 28014 / 23541]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I sync my contacts from an Exchange server. Every so often, 1 or 2 of Favorites get deleted, has this happened to anyone else? Looks like this happens everytime a change is detected on the contact, but I'm not really changing anything at all, i think Google is messing with the implementation of contact sync. It's incredibly annoying to keep replacing them daily.

Also - I have about 80-90 contacts in my phone that sync with Facebook and it takes FOREVER!! The phone gets real hot and it takes abuot 10 minutes even on wifi to sync. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

PS - I'm on Feb 10th LZX compressed ROM - 6.5.
Just to clarify the Facebook sync here, I meant the native phonebook linkage with facebook in Manila. That is what takes forever to sync up, not the actual facebook app (which btw is pretty terrible).

About the syncing with Google, that's how I have everything setup since I need access to it from everywhere with my google services, I can't change this to sync with something else so that's not a solution fo rme. I just want my favorites in the Manila Favorites tab to stay intact after syncing.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21893 / 28014 / 23541]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
EDIT: On the home screen for Manila, I need to change the left soft ke so instead of Phone it goes to Manila's "All Contacts" app. The only thing I've managed to change it to so far is the windows "Contacts" app which is the older version, not the nicer manila contacts.
ok now i got u... anyways... i didn't find it yet... but it is out there... it might be a tiny utility... sorry but i can't help much.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok now i got u... anyways... i didn't find it yet... but it is out there... it might be a tiny utility... sorry but i can't help much.
I think all I need to know is the name of the exe that gets launched when you press All Contacts. Then i can just put the path to the exe in the shortcut for the LSK reg key.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2/22/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21892 / 28014 / 23534]

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWHEAD View Post
I'm using the newest release of build 21892 and am getting an error when trying to open the camera. "The file 'Camera' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found." Is there a .cab I can use to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Amikam. I understand you fixed the above problem in your latest rom. I am getting the same error on my custom rom, built in OMJ's kitchen using 21877. What was the problem? How did you fix. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2/22/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21892 / 28014 / 23534]

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
Amikam. I understand you fixed the above problem in your latest rom. I am getting the same error on my custom rom, built in OMJ's kitchen using 21877. What was the problem? How did you fix. Thanks in advance.
in the oem folder... i added back some old mHub files back with their regedits...
thats what did fixed it. hope it helps.
btw... trust me... 21893 is definitely faster than 21877 or 21892 u should try that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok guys.. i don;t know if it was posted or not... but it seems that cookiemonster mod works on vga manila 2012.
it really doesn't take up much room and works fast without any noticeable lost of speed.
give it a shot... definitely worth it!!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483
and this is where u would get the tool to change all the settings to what ever u like and also u need it for changing the res to vga: (can be installed to internal storage)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633590

i might cook it in in upcoming version... so far there is no reason to update besides this mod and maybe sys 23542.
so and update will probably only comeup in a week or two.

also... all u guys having issues with google maps... check out this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=698

Last edited by amikam; 03-04-2010 at 10:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok guys.. i don;t know if it was posted or not... but it seems that cookiemonster mod works on vga manila 2012.
it really doesn't take up much room and works fast without any noticeable lost of speed.
give it a shot... definitely worth it!!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483
I was JUST reading this thread an hour ago! Contemplating switching to your new 2012 ROM to try this out.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

im sorry... im just excited...
cookiemonster mode makes manila home tab perfect... i mean that... it can't get any better than that
Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoadies View Post
im not sure whos rom i was useing at time time. but what im looking for is Mikroms 6.5.x. well the other rom i was using at the time the weather animation on the home screen like had a window wiper and rain drops all over the screen for when it rains or snow flakes etc... that took up the whole screen or most of it atleast and now when i downloaded the latest rom from mikrom the animation is just a little one with barely any animation. Am i making sence. i loved the whole screen look is it because i changed the background from the standard black dots or is it something else.

question number 2 i change roms like i change well we know where im going with that statement. I always come back to mikroms well cause there great but even he does updates constantly is there anyway to back up my phone not like the contacts i use microsoft myphone for that. I mean if i have 5 programs i use, on the manila screen i have my favorites set up, on the quick launch not sure what its called i have that set and when i do a rom change it erases how can i make it to go back to prerom update. hope im making sence.

question number 3 i know the difference between 6.5 top start menu and 6.5.x bottome start menu..... but what is sys 21893,28014,23541 or anything else that might be out there. what should i be looking for if i want 6.5.x
I just flashed system 23541, the animation is over the whole screen on the today tab. With system 21892, the animation was tiny.

I had been wondering what the difference in the systems was, now I know. Their are soft buttons on the bottom and the windows softkey is at the bottom instead of the top. The volumn gui is different. I like some things better with 23541, but liked other things better with 21892. I noticed that the home key does not work after a flash until you soft reset.

I'll test this more in the incoming days. I wonder what the ETA is for the HD2 & the supersonic. This rom is keeping me happy until those hotties drop!

I wish the photo viewer would allow zooming.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
I just flashed system 23541, the animation is over the whole screen on the today tab. With system 21892, the animation was tiny.

I had been wondering what the difference in the systems was, now I know. Their are soft buttons on the bottom and the windows softkey is at the bottom instead of the top. The volumn gui is different. I like some things better with 23541, but liked other things better with 21892. I noticed that the home key does not work after a flash until you soft reset.

I'll test this more in the incoming days. I wonder what the ETA is for the HD2 & the supersonic. This rom is keeping me happy until those hotties drop!

I wish the photo viewer would allow zooming.
album zoom works using the circle thingy.... but not perfect.
and u can just double tap.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development