PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21893 / 28014 / 23541]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
First off thank you Amikam,
Your MikROM’s are great, best since indagroove’s rom (imo).
Flashed to your latest 27Feb10 21893 rom and think it is very fast and stable.

Installed the battery cab you suggested and changed the weather and stocks to update every 8hrs. Emails every 4hrs. Turned off auto adjusting backlight. Battery life is very good. (reset after of course)

Couple of issues:
Where are the settings for the Manila locker that was on the 10Feb09 rom cannot find the settings to turn it on?
The slider is no longer transparent, are you planning on changing this?
Was PHM Reg editor removed? it cannot be found as well (can it be added?)

You asked what else could be included (the attached have been added by myself)

Thank you for all your hard work.
Hope you did well on your midterms.
thanks.
ok... so af far as manila locker... there isn;t a version for 2012 manila yet... so we'll have to wait.
if u look at the change log u should see what things i've taken off the new roms and such. and yes... phm regeditor is gone.
about the transparent slider... i couldn't find any good one's that wont look funky on it... even energy rom uses a transperent one that is kinda off in some screens... which i think sucks... so ill wait for someone to make a better version cuz i couldn't fix it myself.
thanks for the nice links, but i dont think a lot of people like the older ezinput and adding the other keyboards would really take a lot of space and are better off being installed into internal storage and not on first flash.
personally i dont see a need to edit the weather cities cuz location get's it right every time.
too be honest after going back to s2u2... i'm in love again with it... after using manila locker for so long i forgot how good and useful s2u2 really is.
so i would suggest u try that for now if u looking for a screenlock.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 03-02-2010, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: New Roms Feb 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
Wow AMikan, you always cook faster than I flash/hard reset.
All my problemas with
(wm 6.5.3 sys23534 Sence 2.5 from Feb 22) was finally repair by a "HARD RESET". yeah I know: I don't Hard Reset when I upgrade from Feb 20 to Feb 22. My Mistake, I have learn the leason. I Hard Reset on Saturday 27 and LAter I see the NEW ROMs Feb 27, So WTF "hard reset" again. One question your room is compatible with UC or Sashimi?
any good advice link to "Sashimi for (ATFR) dummyes or something by the stryle"???, LOL ATFR="Adicted to Flash ROMs".

Updated: I use a differente ROM SYS, but my Slide to Answer are not answering randomly (algo press "answer" button don't FIX the problem, it is randomly fail not always).
@Protoadies: 6.5.x's SYS are 28xxx and 23xxx (28xxx taken from some HTC mobile (I guess Leo o TP2 and 23xxx takem from a lower hardware GSM device (like Topaz or other GSM WVGA HTC mobile).
That's Why people rumor that 23xxx SYSs will work better in our Diamonds than in 28xxx.
Anyway I know builds 1921 and 2012 are numbers for Sense, but someone can tell me how that numbers are call ( I mean: SYS, kernel or some specif name to help me find info about them?? What are the builds for Sense 2.1??

i didn't add sashimi cuz i dont know how to use it... but uc should work, although i don't use it myself.
i dont have too many things that needs to be installed after flash... so basically i'm using the same rom u guys do with the same initial settings and programs.
about the builds for 2.1.... i dont know anymore cuz since 2.5 cameout i haven't even thought for a sec to go back to it.
about sys... they say that 23... is more compatible with the dialer, but im not sure about other things.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [2/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21893 / 28014 / 23541]

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoadies View Post
im not sure whos rom i was useing at time time. but what im looking for is Mikroms 6.5.x. well the other rom i was using at the time the weather animation on the home screen like had a window wiper and rain drops all over the screen for when it rains or snow flakes etc... that took up the whole screen or most of it atleast and now when i downloaded the latest rom from mikrom the animation is just a little one with barely any animation. Am i making sence. i loved the whole screen look is it because i changed the background from the standard black dots or is it something else.

question number 2 i change roms like i change well we know where im going with that statement. I always come back to mikroms well cause there great but even he does updates constantly is there anyway to back up my phone not like the contacts i use microsoft myphone for that. I mean if i have 5 programs i use, on the manila screen i have my favorites set up, on the quick launch not sure what its called i have that set and when i do a rom change it erases how can i make it to go back to prerom update. hope im making sence.

question number 3 i know the difference between 6.5 top start menu and 6.5.x bottome start menu..... but what is sys 21893,28014,23541 or anything else that might be out there. what should i be looking for if i want 6.5.x
i'm not sure what u mean about the animation... never happened to me.
everytime u falsh a rom u will erase everything... about a way to backup your things... i don't backup anything besides my contacts myself... so i can't help u much, but i'm sure a search will give u some answers.
218xx is 6.5 28xxx is 6.5.3 and 23xxx is 6.5.5 i think... they say that 23xxx will work a lot better on our phones.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

my sms screen locks up sometimes. it takes about one minute for the screen to release. so far, it's the major issue i have.

second, my emails don't delete off the server. this always worked on the stock rom.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NightlHlawk is a n00b

Most of the problems I previously had have magically disappeared with this latest fix, Build 23541. lol The phone now saves words and uses them first (unlike the stock Sprint rom which sometimes didn't even save what I wanted saved) and Groups now even works in the contacts.

The only thing I can remember that I've run into so far after a few days of usage is the new program or whatever that controls the audio level of the system/ring being a little weird. The volume buttons of the phone uses the Windows Mobile volume control, I think, and not the included program, (I think it's called SetVolume) which in itself is a little buggy. The GPS on Google Maps still doesn't like to work, though. haha

It's just a little annoyance but overall I'm still really happy with this rom the most after testing out a few others. Great job again.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

I sync my contacts from an Exchange server. Every so often, 1 or 2 of Favorites get deleted, has this happened to anyone else? Looks like this happens everytime a change is detected on the contact, but I'm not really changing anything at all, i think Google is messing with the implementation of contact sync. It's incredibly annoying to keep replacing them daily.

Also - I have about 80-90 contacts in my phone that sync with Facebook and it takes FOREVER!! The phone gets real hot and it takes abuot 10 minutes even on wifi to sync. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

PS - I'm on Feb 10th LZX compressed ROM - 6.5.

Last edited by the7thson; 03-03-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Amikam - Have you by any chance been able to find the reg key value that will set my left soft key on the home tab to the "All People" screen in Manila rather than the Windows Contacts app?

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Amikam - Have you by any chance been able to find the reg key value that will set my left soft key on the home tab to the "All People" screen in Manila rather than the Windows Contacts app?

Thanks.
all people instead of contacts?
what are u talking about?
in manila? in titanium?
there is no soft key that is set to contacts anywhere in manila, there is all people soft key in the contacts tab... but thats it.
in titanium or if u cancel manila then yes... it is set to contacts... but why would u not use manila to begin with?
maybe a screen shot would help me better to understand what u mean.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Arrow Re: Bugs Feb 27 Rom

EDIT: funny again AMIKAM you type more fast than me, When I start this reply AMiKAM was no reply yet, but as EVERYONE can read my next suggestion is a good idea, I guess

TO EVERYONE:
all the Diamond's Fellowship (Friends in the Forum),
As The7thson do, I would like to suggest (with respect) that when you Report Bugs you will be kindness if you ADD your Rom_sys-Sense_Build and the version of the program implicated in the Bug. (is a little effort for make things easier for everyone) and if you are PRO you can add a "screen image" I use free "my mobiler" (download from here) (I hope nobody get upset with this suggestion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
1.- my sms screen locks up sometimes...
2.- second, my emails don't delete off the server ...
Ironred, I will try to check this, but you use WM_sys21892, right?? and what email server do you use (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc)??
Anyway have you check that you have:
1.- selected the option: "Empty Deleted item" when "On Connect/disconnect" and
2.- selected the option "When deleting messages" do "delete them off the server" instead of "Move them to server Trash".
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightlHlawk View Post
Most of the problems I previously had have magically disappeared with this latest fix, Build 23541 ... The only ("2") thing ...
1.- The "SetVolume" progream controls the audio level of the system/ring being a little weird ... which in itself is a little buggy.
2.- The GPS on Google Maps still doesn't like to work, though. haha
NightHlawk: Your problem is with GPS lock or with A-GPS?? Are you using G-maps 3.2 or 4.0?? I remmenber G-maps 3.2 have issues with GPS lock and G-maps 4.0 have now issues with A-GPS. Anyway remmember to have QuickGPS updated (I mean the download satellites list, not the software itself)
-------------------
Amikam: I don't see any option to read the "QuickGps" version. Do you know which one is??
Setvolume indeed is buggy: not always appear when you press hard volumen rockets. My only complain with "Windows volumen interface" is that it cut out of the screen (The bottom part it cut so you can see what is in the bottom) apart from that work fine.
Quote:
I sync my contacts from an Exchange server. Every so often, 1 or 2 of Favorites get deleted ... i think Google is messing with the implementation of contact sync.
Also - I have about 80-90 contacts in my phone that sync with Facebook and it takes FOREVER!! The phone gets real hot and it takes abuot 10 minutes even on wifi to sync...PS - I'm on Feb 10th LZX compressed ROM - 6.5.
The7thson, I use LZX 6.5.5 sys23541 w/2012 (feb 27) with new MS MarketPlace v1.2.1422.0000 (March 3, which now allow to install in our "internal storage" instead of the MainMemory) and MS Facebook v1.2 (Feb 19, from MS Marketplace) instead of v1.0.0.7p (from direct download from MS mobile download page, YES uptoday it is still older there) and don`t have that issue (eternal LAG) so frecuently as previous version. If you want try it and let us know if it is better for you.
I left (stop) to use Gmail to sync my contacts in the "ActiveSync" service because it was more easier to backup with MS MyPhone service, but it is a pain in the ass that you still can't Sync with Hotmail People (because instead of Sync it DUPLICATED everything) and of course MS is incompatible with "Gmail Contacts" (you can't sync with both service, have to choose one), but the good is it is too easy to import contacts to "Gmail contacts".
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 03-04-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: add amikam commet and a link for mymobiler
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
all people instead of contacts?
what are u talking about?
in manila? in titanium?
there is no soft key that is set to contacts anywhere in manila, there is all people soft key in the contacts tab... but thats it.
in titanium or if u cancel manila then yes... it is set to contacts... but why would u not use manila to begin with?
maybe a screen shot would help me better to understand what u mean.
Amikam - sorry for the confusion. I thought you might remember our dialog from earlier but I understand you have a lot going on. I meant this:

Quote:
3 questions:

1. How do you Mute or Silence a call when it's ringing? I can only answer/ignore/send text. I want it to keep ringing but mute the volume.

2. What's the reg value to change the Left Softkey to "All Contacts" so that I see the Manila contacts app? If I change it to "Contacts", it shows the Windows contacts app which I don't want.

3. How do you upload a picture directly to facebook from the Album? i don't see that option anywhere..

TIA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
1. pushing on the vol button works for me.
2. don't remember ill need to look that up for u.
3. i didn't include album 3.2 cuz i still think it's buggy. so no direct upload to facebook.... sorry.
EDIT: On the home screen for Manila, I need to change the left soft ke so instead of Phone it goes to Manila's "All Contacts" app. The only thing I've managed to change it to so far is the windows "Contacts" app which is the older version, not the nicer manila contacts.

Last edited by the7thson; 03-04-2010 at 06:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development