PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ICantAffordIt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok guys, new roms will be up by the end of the weekend.... its been a while and i gotta check whats up and whats new.
Thanks Amikam for what you do! I hadn't flashed my phone for almost a year from Mightyrom, now I've flashed probably 5 times in the last 4 weeks for your rom... can't get enough.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

im going to hold off on releasing the rom with a new theme cuz im working on one with Fr3sh right now... and i think its best to wait until we have everything done.

anyways... ill try to put all new roms tomorrow after noon, like i said before... it's been a while so im not so sure i've fixed everything that needed to be fixed.
sys's will be 21898 and 23557.
feel free to check the download link anytime u like... 21898 will come first.
i changed to slider to my version of s2w slider, and the wallpaper... besides that... everything should be the same.

u guys dont need to install the transparency cab, it should work without, and i took out the "days on calendar" for the benefit of a clear slider.

ill wait for comments later on cuz im not sure if i missed somethings that needed to be added or fixed, so if u come across something, let me know.
thanks.
have fun.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 04-10-2010 at 07:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [4/10/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21898 / 23557 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Thank you Sabroso for your assistance.
GPS Issue:
Ok, so skipped over what should have been done a long time ago: Check hardware first. Flashed back to stock everything (OS, Radio, Splash) still GPS did not work (it used to work), after several hours with tech support, Tech determined the chip was bad and issued are exchange ticket

Amikam,
…… replacement phone has arrived… setting at stock (grr…) waiting to Flash 21898 Lite.

What do you think about changing the Pictures from DCIM to My pictures, believe that has to be cooked into the ROM:
By GuitarDoc64:
To change the path of the saved pictures and video to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures, edit the registry:
HKLM\software\htc\camera\General
- change EnableDCIM from 1 to 0.
Now your pictures will be stored in \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures
The problem is the Camera Album won't recognize\My Documents\My Pictures
Rename to \My Documents\_My Pictures
Then in the registry for the camera, have is save to _My Pictures instead of My Pictures

There was talk about speeding up the camera, would the following help?
HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/Captparam/
Change "CAPTURETIMER" to 0

Thank you very much for all your hard work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Thank you Sabroso for your assistance.
GPS Issue:
Ok, so skipped over what should have been done a long time ago: Check hardware first. Flashed back to stock everything (OS, Radio, Splash) still GPS did not work (it used to work), after several hours with tech support, Tech determined the chip was bad and issued are exchange ticket

Amikam,
…… replacement phone has arrived… setting at stock (grr…) waiting to Flash 21898 Lite.

What do you think about changing the Pictures from DCIM to My pictures, believe that has to be cooked into the ROM:
By GuitarDoc64:
To change the path of the saved pictures and video to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures, edit the registry:
HKLM\software\htc\camera\General
- change EnableDCIM from 1 to 0.
Now your pictures will be stored in \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures
The problem is the Camera Album won't recognize\My Documents\My Pictures
Rename to \My Documents\_My Pictures
Then in the registry for the camera, have is save to _My Pictures instead of My Pictures

There was talk about speeding up the camera, would the following help?
HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/Captparam/
Change "CAPTURETIMER" to 0

Thank you very much for all your hard work.
thanks for the tip...
the pic and vid location u can always change yourself through the camera settings and such, but the capturetimer does help... ill change in the next release cuz i already cooked... ill post a cab a little later.

Last edited by amikam; 04-10-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok here is the cab.
u guys should also look at the third thread every now and then... i do try to keep it updated with cab for fixes and more.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MikROM Camera Fix.cab (1.2 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor

Good morning Amikam,
Loving the new Rom (10April10) Lite
Fast and stable so far….

While adding programs to the quick launch in CookieHomeTab there are icons that look like a wrench with description:
AKEY [2539]
DATA [3282]
PREV [7738]
PRL [775]
PST [778]
RTN [786]
VOCODER [8626337]

And 1 that has an icon of a monitor connecting to a Router:
DIAG [3424]

Should these be listed under the programs or is it a mistake?

The transparency looks good.
New Icons look good as well.
The shadow under the clock and icons are nice, maybe a handwritten or liquid chrome clock would look good with your icons?
Not too sure about the background of the vertical lines but backgrounds can be changed (liked the last one… might have to flash back to copy it)

Will let you know if any errors are seen.

FYI,
The AGPS reg string settings for Google maps were not there but easy enough to add.
But after all the GPS issues I was having it is nice to have Google Maps and TeleNav find satellites/ current location so fast.

Thanks again.

Last edited by shanep13; 04-10-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work

does your standard include opera and googlemaps?..
Old 04-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKNastY View Post
does your standard include opera and googlemaps?..
No, amikam leaves Opera and GMaps out of his standard ROM builds, so we can install both to Internal Storage and update each easily.

Quote:
Good morning Amikam,
Fast and stable so far….

While adding programs to the quick launch in CookieHomeTab there are icons that look like a wrench with description:
AKEY [2539]
DATA [3282]
PREV [7738]
PRL [775]
PST [778]
RTN [786]
VOCODER [8626337]

DIAG [3424]

The shadow under the clock and icons are nice, maybe a handwritten or liquid chrome clock would look good with your icons?
Not too sure about the background of the vertical lines but backgrounds can be changed (liked the last one… might have to flash back to copy it)

FYI,
The AGPS reg string settings for Google maps were not there but easy enough to add.
But after all the GPS issues I was having it is nice to have Google Maps and TeleNav find satellites/ current location so fast.

Thanks again.
I'm still running 23551 here, but from your post, it appears that the phone codes were added to amikam's latest ROMs, as well as the 911 regedit fix for the Leo GSM dialer. I'm guessing you'll find a phone codes sub-folder in the Utilities or Tweaks Folder. Anyway, that's why you're seeing the added programs when adding shortcuts to the Co0kie Mod. These shortcuts should allow you to have access to the Sprint ## phone codes, plus have 911 for emergency calls working with the Leo GSM dialer. Many thanks amikam!

Also, shanep13, attached is amikam's wallpaper from the 3-27-10 23551 Std. ROM. Hope it's the one you're looking for, and that you have not already flashed back to retrieve it.

BTW, amikam, your 23551 Std. ROM has been doing great here for a couple weeks now. Moreover, it's the first 6.5.x Sense 2.5 ROM that has had zero SOD's or any kind of lock ups here to date. Many thanks once again for all your excellent work! Cheers!

Best to all,
R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MikROM Wallpaper.jpg (184.9 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Good morning Amikam,
Fast and stable so far….

AKEY [2539]
DATA [3282]
PREV [7738]
PRL [775]
PST [778]
RTN [786]
VOCODER [8626337]

DIAG [3424]

FYI,

Thanks again.
all of those shortcuts u mentioned are a part of the "phone codes" folder.
when u want to add a shortcut all the shortcuts in the start menu shows up...
i was sure i added the regedits for agps... ohh well... next time.
i attached a cab that will give u the old wallpaper, just install and everything should be changed after softreset.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MikROM Computer Wallpaper.cab (741.7 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
No, amikam leaves Opera and GMaps out of his standard ROM builds, so we can install both to Internal Storage and update each easily.

I'm still running 23551 here, but from your post, it appears that the phone codes were added to amikam's latest ROMs, as well as the 911 regedit fix for the Leo GSM dialer. I'm guessing you'll find a phone codes sub-folder in the Utilities or Tweaks Folder. Anyway, that's why you're seeing the added programs when adding shortcuts to the Co0kie Mod. These shortcuts should allow you to have access to the Sprint ## phone codes, plus have 911 for emergency calls working with the Leo GSM dialer. Many thanks amikam!

Also, shanep13, attached is amikam's wallpaper from the 3-27-10 23551 Std. ROM. Hope it's the one you're looking for, and that you have not already flashed back to retrieve it.

BTW, amikam, your 23551 Std. ROM has been doing great here for a couple weeks now. Moreover, it's the first 6.5.x Sense 2.5 ROM that has had zero SOD's or any kind of lock ups here to date. Many thanks once again for all your excellent work! Cheers!

Best to all,
R
u kinda beat me to answering the questions...

im happy to know u r pleased with 23551 rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development