PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Btel, take a look at tweetdeck it combines all your social media acounts into one stream: FB, twitter, foursquare, buzz

And it' free... you'll thank me!
Im checking it out now
mmm.... no MSN
I forgot You were on android Glad I have someone to reply on without giving me the for being a noob on Android.

Last edited by bteljuice; 11-09-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Will do thanks

EDIT: Tried it and it gives me NO DEVICE FOUND. I also checked the debugging. Not working

In reference, Is there a way with one button to go back to HOME SCREEN? or is there a way to see what apps are running so i can multitask?
ADB is kinda advanced... it's a little bit of a PITA to setup for a Windows box. Not surprisingly, it's much easier (IMHO) to setup on a Linux box.

Here's a guide to ADB, it's Android-specific but most should apply.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
ADB is kinda advanced... it's a little bit of a PITA to setup for a Windows box. Not surprisingly, it's much easier (IMHO) to setup on a Linux box.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

Ah, yeah, I keep forgetting I had already set up the ADB drivers which is required before you can use Droid Explorer.

It's actually not that bad to set up though. Just grab the USB drivers from here and extract somewhere: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/usb_driver.zip

Connect your device to the computer, right click on My Computer and click Manage, then go to Device Manager. You will see several unknown devices. Right click on the XDA one, and click Update Driver. Now select Browse my computer for the driver, click Let me pick..., click Have Disk, and point it to android_winusb.inf that you extracted from the zip. Select Android ADB Interface and say yes to any warnings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Ah, yeah, I keep forgetting I had already set up the ADB drivers which is required before you can use Droid Explorer.

It's actually not that bad to set up though. Just grab the USB drivers from here and extract somewhere: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/usb_driver.zip

Connect your device to the computer, right click on My Computer and click Manage, then go to Device Manager. You will see several unknown devices. Right click on the XDA one, and click Update Driver. Now select Browse my computer for the driver, click Let me pick..., click Have Disk, and point it to android_winusb.inf that you extracted from the zip. Select Android ADB Interface and say yes to any warnings.
You make it sound so easy Maybe it was user error, but I had a heckuva time with the drivers. Plus, it for some reason decided to stop working once and I had go thru and blast out the existing drivers & replace. I say Linux is easier because I edited one file, restarted udev and it's just always worked after that

Thanks for the post tho. You should have teradog add this to his beastly first post guide thingy.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:50 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint-SERO

googs185 is just getting started

Hey guys. I've been trying for weeks to get android to boot up. It gets stuck on various stages of the boot sequence no matter what I do. I've tried flashing different ROMS to see if it was a compatiblity issue with that and I've cleared off the memory card and started from scratch. Nothing is working. When it first came out I got it to boot up but eventually deleted it because it didn't work with data and there was no sound back then. Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by googs185 View Post
Hey guys. I've been trying for weeks to get android to boot up. It gets stuck on various stages of the boot sequence no matter what I do. I've tried flashing different ROMS to see if it was a compatiblity issue with that and I've cleared off the memory card and started from scratch. Nothing is working. When it first came out I got it to boot up but eventually deleted it because it didn't work with data and there was no sound back then. Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Wipe the card clean, full format using the HP tool. Or gparted. Basically anything but the built-in Windows utility.

After that, download a new build. Extract the rar to your SD, and boot. Assuming it works, you should be able to update & continue.

Be sure to setup the startup.txt for your phone (force cdma, phys kbd...)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:57 PM
N00b

Thanks! How do I setup the startup.txt?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:58 PM
N00b

And sorry to be a pain but where do I find the HP tool?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
And sorry to be a pain but where do I find the HP tool?
Quote:
Thanks! How do I setup the startup.txt?
HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

Startup.txt setup is pretty easy. If you use the startup utility, it'll set it up for you, but it can also cause issues. Basically if you're using CDMA you need to set the force_cdma value to 1, if GSM 0. You also need to match keymappings - so if you have a rhod400, your physkeyboardd statement needs to =rhod400...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps