View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 04:14 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Ah, yeah, I keep forgetting I had already set up the ADB drivers which is required before you can use Droid Explorer.

It's actually not that bad to set up though. Just grab the USB drivers from here and extract somewhere: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/usb_driver.zip

Connect your device to the computer, right click on My Computer and click Manage, then go to Device Manager. You will see several unknown devices. Right click on the XDA one, and click Update Driver. Now select Browse my computer for the driver, click Let me pick..., click Have Disk, and point it to android_winusb.inf that you extracted from the zip. Select Android ADB Interface and say yes to any warnings.
You make it sound so easy Maybe it was user error, but I had a heckuva time with the drivers. Plus, it for some reason decided to stop working once and I had go thru and blast out the existing drivers & replace. I say Linux is easier because I edited one file, restarted udev and it's just always worked after that

Thanks for the post tho. You should have teradog add this to his beastly first post guide thingy.