PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 9<<6.5 NK-23506-RZ Baseline TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

im getting an error, and this has been happening because of the EXTs (of course) that i am adding, when running the customizations, I get this error....

"The File: \Windows\Calkulins_Touch_Pro_Tweaks.cab does not exist!"

does anybody happen to know what EXT (if any of you are using calks) can be causing this? this causes my customizations to freeze, therefore leading for a not so good rom because i cant continue important customizations! also, just so you all know, im not including any of calk's "tweaks" EXTs nor anything like that, they are all apps!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Carrier formerly known as Alltel

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok raid i have a diffferent one for ya. i am trying to cook in tellme. yeah its broken but its fun to play around with. tellme requires msvc. i can cook em both in just fine. msvc works but tellme just crashes. heres the weird part- i can cab install msvc over the preinstalled one and tellme works. i have checked, every function of msvc works its odd and the cab i use to install is the same one i made the ext out of. man i have learned so much from your kitchen. i know i told ya the phone canvas scroll thing was fixed in the 218xx builds but it only works if i put it in the zzzzz_last folder.

heres another one. with the alltel carrier cab im using it runs through the whole initial setup thing u know where you pick your timezone and tap screen to complete. how do i get rid of that? it also makes the usb connection staus window popup and i would like to eliminate that too its didnt hapen with the sprint carrier package.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Nazgul07 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_delta View Post
hmm... i tried building a ROM without Titanium or Manila using the kitchen w/ the 23506 SYS and specifying "none" in the batch file, but it installed Titanium anyway.

--nomad_delta
This happens to me also. But the reasoning is this (in my mind). Titanium (as a UI Manager) is the default for WinMo 6.5.x . . . and therefore is built in no matter what. What you ARE NOT getting when you choose not to cook with titanium is the EXTRA features such as Titanium weather and the Wifi/Bluetooth Toggles switches and the themed look of titanium. . . . Hope that helps.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
hmm... i tried building a ROM without Titanium or Manila using the kitchen w/ the 23506 SYS and specifying "none" in the batch file, but it installed Titanium anyway.

--nomad_delta
23506 only manila working perfect

http://raidzero.alexauv.com/kitchens...chen%203.3.rar
Old 11-10-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveman View Post
ok raid i have a diffferent one for ya. i am trying to cook in tellme. yeah its broken but its fun to play around with. tellme requires msvc. i can cook em both in just fine. msvc works but tellme just crashes. heres the weird part- i can cab install msvc over the preinstalled one and tellme works. i have checked, every function of msvc works its odd and the cab i use to install is the same one i made the ext out of. man i have learned so much from your kitchen. i know i told ya the phone canvas scroll thing was fixed in the 218xx builds but it only works if i put it in the zzzzz_last folder.

heres another one. with the alltel carrier cab im using it runs through the whole initial setup thing u know where you pick your timezone and tap screen to complete. how do i get rid of that? it also makes the usb connection staus window popup and i would like to eliminate that too its didnt hapen with the sprint carrier package.
I got solutions possibly for you. . . http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1099 here is a post by Zombie (thanks ) for an EXT package for alltel carrier EXT package.

As for Tellme.... i have a package that you can cook in and ill attach it (I cant remember where I got it but thanks to whomever). It works when I cook it in. . . as long as I have NetCF 3.5. ...Ill attach that also.
Hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TellmeSamsungIntrepid3515.zip (1.65 MB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.zip (2.58 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Nazgul07; 11-10-2009 at 12:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
I got solutions possibly for you. . . http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1099 here is a post by Zombie (thanks ) for an EXT package for alltel carrier EXT package.

As for Tellme.... i have a package that you can cook in and ill attach it (I cant remember where I got it but thanks to whomever). It works when I cook it in. . . as long as I have NetCF 3.5. ...Ill attach that also.
Hope that helps.
thank you. i am using the carrier ext that zombie posted. its just that i dont want it to go through initial setup. as far as the carrier part it works fine.

with the tellme i already have netcf 3.5 and im using the same ext i think it came from edtp. do u know if raid already has msvc somewhere in his kitchen?(guess i could pull mine out and see if its still in the rom) it works fine as long as i cab install msvc even though i already have msvc installed. kinda weird.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
thank you. i am using the carrier ext that zombie posted. its just that i dont want it to go through initial setup. as far as the carrier part it works fine.

with the tellme i already have netcf 3.5 and im using the same ext i think it came from edtp. do u know if raid already has msvc somewhere in his kitchen?(guess i could pull mine out and see if its still in the rom) it works fine as long as i cab install msvc even though i already have msvc installed. kinda weird.
It appears to be in the SYS/23506 folder so yes it is in there (today's official release of the kitchen at least)
Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

i apreciate your responses nazgul. i had to drop my msvc oem into the sys instead of turning it into an ext. worked like a champ. even though there is a voice command there it wasnt what tellme was looking for.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:

--nomad_delta
this is a mistake on my end, it should be removing titanium from windows and not keeping titanium at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
"The File: \Windows\Calkulins_Touch_Pro_Tweaks.cab does not exist!"
youre probably using a calk carrier package, if so open up config_operator.txt in there and follow the links till you find the one that has that cab in it. remove that line.

Quote:

remove my msvc from SYS? and look for a welcome.xml somewhere in the carrier package and remove the reference to it. welcome.xml defines how welcome.exe will run (timezone, password, email, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
This happens to me also. But the reasoning is this (in my mind). Titanium (as a UI Manager) is the default for WinMo 6.5.x . . . and therefore is built in no matter what. What you ARE NOT getting when you choose not to cook with titanium is the EXTRA features such as Titanium weather and the Wifi/Bluetooth Toggles switches and the themed look of titanium. . . . Hope that helps.
nah thats a mistake. I must have broken that functionality somewhere along the line.. I will investigate that.

Last edited by raidzero; 11-10-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:

--nomad_delta
heres your solution
Code:
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome\_only_both >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_DPI_192\_only_both >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_Lang_0409\_only_both >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze\_only_both >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\BronzeNonEA\_only_both >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze_DPI_192\_only_both >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome\_only_titanium >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_DPI_192\_only_titanium >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_Lang_0409\_only_titanium >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze\_only_titanium >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\BronzeNonEA\_only_titanium >NUL
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze_DPI_192\_only_titanium >NUL
find that in the cmd file. remove the >NUL at the end of each line, apparently we can't do a redirection after a redirection.. make it look liek this

Code:
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome\_only_both 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_DPI_192\_only_both 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_Lang_0409\_only_both 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze\_only_both 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\BronzeNonEA\_only_both 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze_DPI_192\_only_both 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome\_only_titanium 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_DPI_192\_only_titanium 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_Lang_0409\_only_titanium 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze\_only_titanium 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\BronzeNonEA\_only_titanium 
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze_DPI_192\_only_titanium
I have fixed this in the kitchen and will be included in future nightly kitchens. I forgot to plug my laptop in last night and it hibernated, so there were no uploads last night

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development