PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
[DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

THIS IS THE KITCHEN THREAD. FOR ROM SUPPORT PLEASE VISIT THE ROM THREAD

I challenge everyone to try to find a ROM/kitchen that will outperform mine!
http://raidzero.alexauv.com/bench

final tp kitchen release. no more nightly tp kitchen, moved on to TP2...
http://raidzero.alexauv.com/kitchens/RZ_RAPH_kitchen_FINAL.rar

New development: I have decided to make my kitchen available to everyone all the time. Every day at midnight a rar archive will be generated and uploaded to a kitchens/nightly directory website. BIG THANKS to bikeandestroyx for the hosting! Now since this is going to be running daily, every day the uploaded kitchen may or may not work all the way, depending on what I am working on and if I was in the middle of something and just went to bed, etc. This is mainly for my own benefit (good to keep backups )but everyone could benefit as well.
the link is:
http://raidzero.alexauv.com/kitchens/nightly
If you are just after SYS/XIP, get them here:
http://raidzero.alexauv.com/xip
http://raidzero.alexauv.com/sys

(you can click parent directory a few times to get back to the main site (it's ugly and not up to date but feel free to check it out)

Sample Memory Map (23060 manila):
Code:
 SLOT  0:   0x02000000 - 0x01b30000 (END: 0x00060000, 0 MODULES)
            0x02000000 - 0x01fc0000 - ROM 0
            0x01f80000 - 0x01b30000 - ROM 1
 SLOT  1:   0x04000000 - 0x02021000 (END: 0x02020000, 218 MODULES)
 SLOT 60:   0x7a000000 - 0x794f0000 (END: 0x78020000, 34 MODULES)
 SLOT 61:   0x7c000000 - 0x7a021000 (END: 0x7a020000, 261 MODULES)

RAM IMAGE: 0x80000000 - 0x802d9f50

RAM:       0x802da000 - 0x80314000 - Used for kernel modules
            0x80314000 - 0x84000000 - 60 MB free

Kitchen README:
Before we begin, I feel obligated to say that this kitchen is for advanced users. You will need basic batch scripting skills to modify the kitchen script and basic ROM/kitchen knowledge to add SYS/XIP, etc.

That said, I will try to help as much as I can with your endeavors with my kitchen, but once you start deleting things I put there, expect to hit some bumps. It is best to make a copy of the entire kitchen and keep it unmodified then play with the other copy.

Welcome to raidzero's baseline kitchen! This kitchen is based on bepe's platformrebuilder. it is designed to show people the power and flexibility of platformrebuilder. (the visual kitchen by ervius is based on the same thing)

What you need to know:

YOU MUST BE AN ADMINISTRATOR ON YOUR MACHINE AND ON VISTA/WIN7 HAVE USER ACCOUNT CONTROL DISABLED. YOU WILL GET ERRORS OTHERWISE.

anything that is in EXT,SYS,OEM will be cooked in to the ROM as long as there are no _skip files in the folders.
by default, my kitchen looks for the following components in the following places:

ROMHDR=ROM\(buildversion)\romhdr.bin
XIP=ROM\(buildversion)\XIP
SYS=SYS\(buildversion)
OEM=OEM
EXT=EXT\Baseline\*\* (this means it will look in subfolders in the ext folders, use this to categorize EXTs)

(if you want to make your own ext folder and not use mine at all just make a folder alongside mine and update the batch file)
When you first start the kitchen, it will prompt you to enter the name of your ROM. This name will appear in the RUU utility when it reads the NBH at flash time. next it will ask you what version you are building. Enter the build you want. (you can add your own SYS if you want, just name it accordingly) Next it will ask if you want Titanium or Manila. Enter the one you like, or neither for no titanium or manila. Next tell it whether or not you want to leave out SYS items that I deem worthless. this is used when adding virgin SYS and you wanna keep it that way. Next you will be asked to set the pagepool. after that is done it will hexpatch shell32.exe\s000 against timebomb. This is good if you want to run for more than one month, otherwise MS will shut down the phone.

At this point platformrebuilder will take over and do it's magic. Right before the XIP is implanted (new window will open up for that) you will notice the memory map. Since we are using a 6.5 native kernel it is good to have as many modules as possible, but keep slot 0 clear. Right after HTC ROM tool runs and you set the pagepool, you will be asked to enter in your changes. Put anything you have changed between builds in there and hit enter. This will be saved and timestamped to changelog.txt. I have included this feature because sometimes I get carried away and make tons of changes and then cook, something is broken but I cannot remember what all I changed. As long as you actually use this feature, it should help with this.

The NBH file will go into RUU. A file called changelog.txt will also be present there. use this to track your changes!

If you want to add anything to the kitchen just place it in EXT in the build folder you're adding for and make a new folder under that folder with your name, place your EXT's in there. be sure to delete any _skip files.

If you add your own SYS/XIP: need to know that I have wince.nls in OEM, so it carries across builds and simplifies things.

How long will it take to cook a ROM with this kitchen? Let the changelog speak for itself (it adds timestamps)
Code:
(Tue 09/29/2009  12:03 PM) Building ROM: 23017 manila Version 23017 with manila 
(Tue 09/29/2009  12:08 PM) Build Completed! 
(Tue 09/29/2009  03:34 PM) Building ROM: 23017 ti Version 23017 with titanium 
(Tue 09/29/2009  03:36 PM) Build Completed!
So, 2 minutes for titanium and 5 minutes for manila! Those are times from when platformrebuilder starts to when the RomUpdateUtility launches. I think it's pretty fast..

Feel free to frankenstein up my kitchen to make/learn/release ROM's/Kitchens, but if you do please mention me in your credit/thanks list. MANY HOURS/WEEKS have gone into making this kitchen.

Oh yeah, if you love it and run it, don't be afraid to do a little advertising for me with one of these in your sig:

start menu map
Code:
Office Mobile->
        Calendar
        Contacts
        Excel Mobile
        Messaging
        Phone
        Powerpoint Mobile
        Tasks
        Word Mobile
Customization->
        RZ Chameleon (changes titanium glow color)
        RZ Multifont (changes titanium font)
Internet->
        Activesync
        Facebook
        Comm Manager
        Internet Explorer
        Wifi Internet Sharing
        Internet Sharing
        Opera
        Remote Desktop
Multimedia->
        Camera
        Coreplayer
        MP3 Trimmer
        Pictures & Videos
        Streaming Media
        Windows Media
System Tools->
        Advanced Config
        Bluetooth Explorer
        Favorite People (Settings)
        Finger Keyboard (Settings)
        Pocket RAR
        CHome Editor
Tools->
        Adobe Reader LE
        Calculator
        File Explorer
        hTorch Flashlight
        Notes
        QuickGPS
        Search
thanks to the following AWESOME members of the community:

scrosler - teaching me everything I know about RGUs, GUID's and provxmls
rstoyguy - rom cooking theory
indagroove - help with registry
electronicrice - excellent kitchen and OEM's
da_reeseboy - help learning to port SYS/XIP, showing me what hexedits patch timebomb
bikeandestroyx - help with visual kitchen migration, tips and help, WEB HOSTING
chaostheory - help with tweaks and customizations
heydjbobby74 - donation
sephiroth_4 - donation
diveman - donation
bkimbler - donation
lil darlin - donation
phillyxx - donation
sharkie405 - donation
Lat - donation
calkulin - an excellent kitchen and OEM's
silence - OEM's
jakdillard - kitchen
mightymike - help with registry, comm manager colors
dcd - another excellent kitchen and help with alarm bug
psyki - general help
dodge_longhorn - showing me the excellent ScanFS utility
chuck07 - manila stuff
rootlinux - manila stuff
NFSFAN - showing me how to dissassemble drivers, tip on taskfacade and button mapping, module theory lesson
Juggalo_X - making an EXT of myphone
ppcgeeks/xda - everything
da_g - SYS/ROM files, virtual memory theory
linuxangel, for being my wife and allowing me time to put this stuff together

What you need:
HTC Touch Pro Smartphone
Must be Hard-SPL'ed, there's a sticky on how to unlock
Mini USB cable
Activesync or for Vista, Windows Mobile Device Center.

What I am not responsible for:
Your phone in any way, (well, I would hopefully be responsible for your enjoyment of your phone, and if I am please tell me! ), your computer, your sanity, etc. Everything is done at your own risk.

Known Issues:
none

Everything in this kitchen I have worked very hard putting together and tweaking. Please do not steal my work and claim it as your own without giving me credit if you use my stuff. thanks! Platformrebuilder by bepe is the behind the scenes hero here.

NIGHTLY KITCHEN DIRECTORY

Attached are a few cabs to add functionality. These (RSS hub, live, live search, myPhone) will all install into the internet subfolder in the start menu. Live search SHOULD not ever try to update to bing (yuck)
side note: any cabs I make will NOT install into the \windows directory. I am trying to clean that up as much as possible, they will instead install to \program files in their own directories. There will be some that just have to go into \windows though, like windows Live. (Have not gotten it to work anywhere else)

Last edited by raidzero; 01-25-2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: new release
This post has been thanked 49 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM]-6.5 23017-clean-16MB PP-RZ Baseline 3.0a

Wow.... I got the first Post!!!!! I don't even know how to act!!!!!

Will Test it out and let you know.

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Congrats on Baseline 3, looks like a very solid Rom. This your first run with a Visual Kitchen? Like to see if there is any performance changes with cooking the video drivers into the kernel itself. Ill be flashing this in between my testing

Old 08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

yes first time with a VK. about the video drivers in the kernel I am leaning towards the idea that it does not matter because they all go to the same place anyway, but they are modules and not files so they should be faster. ... time will tell. I think the overall titanium/startmenu experience is much more fluid, the dialer comes up instantly when you press the button...

the video driver modules

d3dm_ati.dll
libgles_cl.dll
libgles_cm.dll
openvg.dl
htcapi.dll
diag_lsm.dll

were all put into oemxipkernel.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM]-6.5 23017-clean-16MB PP-All Carriers-RZ Baseline 3.0a

Dowloading as we speak. Will Q&A tonight and report back tomorrow. I am loving these clean ROMS. I'll take speed over fluff anyday. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Quote:
the video driver modules

d3dm_ati.dll
libgles_cl.dll
libgles_cm.dll
openvg.dl
htcapi.dll
diag_lsm.dll

were all put into oemxipkernel.
Might just do them same
Ill let you know how it comes when I test this baby out!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Fast ROM. The only issue I noticed is that there is no "messages" icon in the Start> program files (honeycomb). So once you set up your initial email it's a "process" trying to add a second or third. But tight work over all. I think I'll be flashig back to you "final" ROM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:54 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchamblee View Post
Fast ROM. The only issue I noticed is that there is no "messages" icon in the Start> program files (honeycomb). So once you set up your initial email it's a "process" trying to add a second or third. But tight work over all. I think I'll be flashig back to you "final" ROM.
look in office mobile. I tried to get the start menu down to one screen, so you dont need to scroll - in the pursuit of efficiency.

Looks like I'll be adding a start menu "map" to the initial post. heh
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Found it. Thanks

Quick question- Have you gotten the OEM alarm to work in 6.5? I always just use Klaxon. I know that Mighty had fixed it for his ROMs. Just a ?

Last edited by wchamblee; 08-26-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

good to know, keep me informed. One thing that is going to change for sure will be the notifications - going to be using tachi notifications for easier SMS access, and well, it looks cool!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development