PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 2<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
first, just remove manila_files from baseline, then copy manila_files_2.5 into baseline. then cook and flash and see what works and what doesnt. If you get a message that says "htcbookmark could not be found" or something like that that means that a dependency for that app is missing. Try adding htcbookmark from manila_dependencies_2.5 into manila_dependencies in baseline. then recook and flash if htcbookmarks works now then great, see what else doesnt work and try moving the appropriate files from manila_dependencies_2.5. if htcbookmarks still doesnt work, then it is missing dependencies, or the dependencies that are there are not up to date... this is where it gets hairy and I dont recommend continuing as it will drive you insane. welcome to dependency-hell. You cannot just replace all manila_dependencies with the ones in 2.5 I wish... but no, it will not cook that way.
Ok, I will try it. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Aight so here are some pics.

So far I've noticed that you can't call people from manila at all...

I can't add a contact to the favorites tab either...

Couldn't add new email address from manila, but am able to through windows...

Clicking on a text message in TF doesn't take you to the TF SMS screen, nothing happens...

It seems there's no weather database in the manila 2.5 files. I've added the one's from manila 2.1. We'll see if it works next ROM I cook...

Footprints, we knew, isn't working...

That's what I've noticed off the bat. It's not as buggy as I thought it would be. I'm not sure if it's functional enough to you use on the daily. I'll flash a new ROM with the weather database in there and use it this evening and report back any more findings I may have...

Sorry 'bout the big pics...

Oh, and for those that were curious, if you didn't already figure, I tried a no top curtain cab and no bottom curtain cab from 2.1 on this and surprise...it didn't work.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-03-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

congrats, does the weather work?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
congrats, does the weather work?
no, I'm trying to put in the manila weather database from the manila 2.1 files. I'm not sure if that's all that's wrong though. When I went to add location, there were none to be found.

Flashing 2nd ROM now...
Old 11-03-2009, 03:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
no, I'm trying to put in the manila weather database from the manila 2.1 files. I'm not sure if that's all that's wrong though. When I went to add location, there were none to be found.

Flashing 2nd ROM now...
what about just using my location? I know there is no 2.5 weather database, well I mean there is, somewhere in leo land..
Old 11-03-2009, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
what about just using my location? I know there is no 2.5 weather database, well I mean there is, somewhere in leo land..
Usually my location is already in there. It's not this time. I have 7 other major cities Barcelona, Tokyo etc..., but no my location. When I go to add location, it's blank... Not sure why there's no my location.

*Edit*

Maybe it just needed a few seconds to load but now the weather works for my location I guess cuz I got it on the home screen now. It's beautiful how the sun light moves all over the screen! Uploading pics now...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-03-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Usually my location is already in there. It's not this time. I have 7 other major cities Barcelona, Tokyo etc..., but no my location. When I go to add location, it's blank... Not sure why there's no my location.

*Edit*

Maybe it just needed a few seconds to load but now the weather works for my location I guess cuz I got it on the home screen now. It's beautiful how the sun light moves all over the screen! Uploading pics now...

it is nice how it looks, I thin the 2.5 home screen weather is bit too much, but it is very pretty. so thats what everyone wants 2.5 for... now you have it! is the loss of some functions worth it for you?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
it is nice how it looks, I thin the 2.5 home screen weather is bit too much, but it is very pretty. so thats what everyone wants 2.5 for... now you have it! is the loss of some functions worth it for you?
This is the most stable 2.5 I've ever played with. I'm sure most if not all the issues will be worked out soon enough... In the meantime I'll rock it, just for kicks. I can text, make calls and surf the web. Those are my 3 "must be able to do"s. Even if I can't do them exactly the easy way at the moment. It's all about the bleeding edge as you say...

Manila still moves pretty fast, just like all your other works.

Just noticed I can't seem to add any programs or contacts to the home screen quick launch squares. It ask me to select program or contact or widget or something else, then when I do the same screen keeps popping up and asking me to select one of them again.

*Edit*

Nevermind the last thing I said, must have been a glitch for a sec. or two. I was just able to add a program to the quick launch squares on the home screen. I still can't add a contact to those or the contact tab however.

HTC Bookmarks doesn't work as you knew. I haven't messed around with dependencies yet.

It's got a F-ton of new cool stuff and features though. Hopefully soon they can get it all working!

Alarm clock won't stay on once set.

I also can't find the settings icon in the start menu anymore. Did you move it RZ?

Can't link to facebook either. After putting in log in info. and hitting done it just takes me back to the "Link to Facebook" page. It seems to me like pretty much the entire People tab not working.

Oh, and there's no landscape manila at all. It just disappears. I guess because the LEO did not have landscape as there is no keyboard.

The clock is also off by an hour sometimes, but sometimes not...weird.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-03-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Anyone who downloaded last nights kitchen have a settings icon in the start menu. I'm wondering if it's something I did...
Old 11-03-2009, 04:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Anyone who downloaded last nights kitchen have a settings icon in the start menu. I'm wondering if it's something I did...
thats not something you did, it is not there with 2.5 I forgot to mention that..
you will need to update (from manila_dependencies_2.5) the facebook_engine and probably the social network thing too for facebook. cant hurt to update mhub, dshow, contact pcker, contact utility engine, message enhancement.. not sure what they did with the settings icon unless its buried in the manila settings, like "all settings" for 2.1

and yes, manila 2.5 has no landscape mode

Last edited by raidzero; 11-03-2009 at 04:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development