PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
There are lots of titan kitchens, ppck is just more current and full featured.

If you guys would like, we can provide access to some of the developer builds for PPCk. This stuff changes frequently, without notice, and may have issues, but if you want to be cutting edge it covers most of the devices (happy to add more, if someone wants to tell us how) with minimal manipulation needed. More importantly, it provides a standard platform/base you guys can use to help resolve/identify issues.
I would love to have access to these developer builds. I have really enjoyed flashing/modding over the years with winmo.

I noticed all the roms I build with PPCK seem to leak memory somewhere. I have talked to a few ppl in the IRC channel about it and really cant place my finger on it. I am no expert just wanted to have beter than 7-10meg after a few days. Honstly I dont put alot into my roms just what I need. I remember DCD's kitchen used to have lots of ram and would in general stay that way. Thats why I was askin about other kitchens. Seems not everyone on here uses PPCK. But dont get me wrong I love PPCK and use it alot! And I totaly agree abotu having a comon platform to build with.

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081
Old 05-06-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Love; HTC Touch Diamond

Zecanilis is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone uses Lockscreen. Is it only mine, or it's a litle buggy?
-In a incoming call it appears sometimes the default bouble, instead of the lockscreen one.
-Sometimes the windows start icon appears, but i think it shouldn't.
-When i have an incoming message and i see after a while it doesn't show the lockscreen message slide

Do you have the same bugs?
I'm using 21222 QVGA here.
Cheers
Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
There are simpler tools for starters, for straight forward porting, cooking and flashing and you wouldn't have issues of any kind as long as the SYS you are working with hasn't gone through PPCK.
PPCkitchen doesn't do porting. Only new Bepe kitchens do porting at this time. The porting tools used with old bepe kitchens are also useable with PPCkitchen.
Quote:
Yes PPCK is full featured and current, I have it downloaded. Still studying it, it covers almost everything. I still think it is not a chef's starting point.
For cooking, PPCkitchen is hands down the easiest and most straight forward. Frankly, there is not a simpler kitchen environment for cooking.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
I would love to have access to these developer builds. I have really enjoyed flashing/modding over the years with winmo.

I noticed all the roms I build with PPCK seem to leak memory somewhere. I have talked to a few ppl in the IRC channel about it and really cant place my finger on it. I am no expert just wanted to have beter than 7-10meg after a few days. Honstly I dont put alot into my roms just what I need. I remember DCD's kitchen used to have lots of ram and would in general stay that way. Thats why I was askin about other kitchens. Seems not everyone on here uses PPCK
Usually a misconception, and often a symptom of how you use Windows Mobile.

BTW, you can build roms made in old Bepe kitchens in PPCkitchen rather easily, if you really want to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
There are lots of titan kitchens, ppck is just more current and full featured.

If you guys would like, we can provide access to some of the developer builds for PPCk. This stuff changes frequently, without notice, and may have issues, but if you want to be cutting edge it covers most of the devices (happy to add more, if someone wants to tell us how) with minimal manipulation needed. More importantly, it provides a standard platform/base you guys can use to help resolve/identify issues.
I would be interested as well.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138

Quote:
Usually a misconception, and often a symptom of how you use Windows Mobile.

BTW, you can build roms made in old Bepe kitchens in PPCkitchen rather easily, if you really want to.
Probably. I do use this titan for work and it syncs to exchange (email all day, calender reminders, tasks and contacts). My wife's phone does not sync to anything and seems to keep better memory. I also run palringo most of the day. I pop in and out of IE and opera and listen to music on my lunch.

When someone posts a sys its hard to tell if it is usable with PPCK (sometimes you dont know what they are building with). Is there a guide on how to prepare a sys for PPCK?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

Mad Mike is a n00b

If you guys would like, we can provide access to some of the developer builds for PPCk. This stuff changes frequently, without notice, and may have issues, but if you want to be cutting edge it covers most of the devices (happy to add more, if someone wants to tell us how) with minimal manipulation needed. More importantly, it provides a standard platform/base you guys can use to help resolve/identify issues.[/quote]

I would love access as well. I use PPCk on a regular bases fine tuning my ROM's. I haven't found an easier kitchen to use.

Phone: Titan (XV6800)
ROM: Windows Mobile 6.5 21806
Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecanilis View Post
Does anyone uses Lockscreen. Is it only mine, or it's a litle buggy?
-In a incoming call it appears sometimes the default bouble, instead of the lockscreen one.
-Sometimes the windows start icon appears, but i think it shouldn't.
-When i have an incoming message and i see after a while it doesn't show the lockscreen message slide

Do you have the same bugs?
I'm using 21222 QVGA here.
Cheers
Yes its happening with me too. Although i haven't encountered the first one, second and third do happen on my phone also. When i have a missed call alert and a message alert, the missed call one remains but the message alert disappears. Plus the start icon and taskbar icons are sometimes visible in the lockscreen.

Another thing that i have noticed in all previous builds is that GWES.exe uses a lot of memory as the phone is used. I generally dont keep things running in background (set my close button to really close in htc taskmanager) and I run hibernate.exe every now and then. Still the Free memory which is about 22 MB in the begining, goes down to 11 MB, even 8 some times. And at that time, hibernate.exe also doesn't helps much. The only way is to soft reset. The biggest consumers of memory in DotFred's task manager shows up as GWES.exe and Shell32.exe. Is this some kind of memory leak problem? Anywbody has some idea?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
Probably. I do use this titan for work and it syncs to exchange (email all day, calender reminders, tasks and contacts). My wife's phone does not sync to anything and seems to keep better memory. I also run palringo most of the day. I pop in and out of IE and opera and listen to music on my lunch.

When someone posts a sys its hard to tell if it is usable with PPCK (sometimes you dont know what they are building with). Is there a guide on how to prepare a sys for PPCK?
A sys by itself is readily useable in any kitchen, including ppck. Awhile back, I posted a quick and dirty selections.txt over on PPCkitchen.org for using drop-in sys/oem basekits, old bepe style. If you want to use mostly parts from ppck and sys/lang parts from some other basekit, you'll want to make a new buildbase, something like the files in projects/groups/buildbases.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

Mad Mike is a n00b

It Worked! I was able to get PPCk to work and boot past the second screen for 21222.

Thanks to Vickylife007, bbsandkm, gguruusa, joojoobee666 and anryl for all your help and the files you supplied.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software