PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Tested sms,sending and receiving works.
I did not deleted browsingie,I just took browsingie folder from 21018 and made an OEM.
Can you ,guys,test my OEM?It will show up in "Internet" group in ppck.
download ie toggle it allows you to use both.

Last edited by aaronpoweruser; 04-24-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
I thought XIP memory was a pre-allocated region, meaning if the program/dll is a XIP it would be loaded into given a slot in XIP portion instead of the normal application space, thus giving me more usable RAM in the normal application space, therefore only losing out on XIP allocation space (which the application on question would never use). Is this incorrect?

This is based from this:
"When execute in place (XIP) DLLs are loaded, they are loaded from the top of the 64 MB space down. Each XIP DLL is based (positioned in the address space) when the ROM is created. When a non XIP DLL is loaded, it is positioned below the 32 MB boundary. Non-XIP DLLs, also called RAM-based DLLs, are those that are loaded from the object store, decompressed from ROM or loaded from an external file system such as a Compact Flash card. The upper 32 MB of the applications virtual memory space is only used for XIP DLLs."
You're switching from .exe to .dll now. .exe's are not handled the same as .dll. To some extent, you are confusing physical addressing w/ virtual memory map, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
Hmmm, almost having an headache reading all these technical stuff, but amazed at the same time how much am learning.
So final analysis of what you are saying sir, is we could just get skewed overly too excited moduling everything including what stays more beneficial in the overall interest as a file?
If you xip too many things, you'll fnd that your device locks up/crashes/inexplicably won't run things. Nothing comes for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
Next complicated question will be how to know what to Module, and what is best left as a file? I have followed all the theories, but how do I just pick my oems and say "you are better of a module, and you a file"
Usage and size are the key factors. If it's used a lot, lean towards xip. If it's tiny, lean away from xip. Usage matters more than size.

Quote:
I have studied the SYS from 21159 till 21501 and found out that most SYS folders that were files in 21159 and 21169, were either partially or completely converted into modules form 2117+ and above. So does this not account for the speed of subsequent builds and improved memory management and efficiency?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Well, I am no expert here, but one suspicion I have is that whoever dumped the sys could have done that. Also, quite a few modules often had to be converted into files in order for G'Reloc to work on the 6.5 builds, hence the change to WMReloc in PPCKitchen. Anyone is welcome to correct me on this.
Correct. The device(s) some builds were taken from do not have the quantity of RAM that newer devices have, so the choice to XIP or not is much more critical. As applications get greedier, this will apply to modern devices as well.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You're switching from .exe to .dll now. .exe's are not handled the same as .dll. To some extent, you are confusing physical addressing w/ virtual memory map, as well.
Ahh, I thought they were treated the same. And yes, I'm sure I am confusing the two as well as I am only confident in one thing at this point, and that is this: I am not fully competent in in my understanding of the Windows memory architecture as a whole, let alone Windows CE.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CRACING

Hello everyone,

I have a good news for you all.

Check out here.

It worked perfect for me : Here

Thanks and regards
Old 04-24-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser View Post
download ie toggle it allows you to use both.
here is the cab for v 1.1
Attached Files
File Type: cab IE Toggle 1.1.cab (137.2 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Love; HTC Touch Diamond

Zecanilis is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrikanth View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a good news for you all.

Check out here.

It worked perfect for me : Here

Thanks and regards
Yes it worked for me too...
But didn't liked the performace. 200Mhz is too slow to work with this compression.
Or you have to increase your pp witch is out of my thoughts also...
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecanilis View Post
Yes it worked for me too...
But didn't liked the performace. 200Mhz is too slow to work with this compression.
Or you have to increase your pp witch is out of my thoughts also...
oh, it might be also.....

However, I gonna test for some days and will see the difference.

Anyway, can it be possible to make a program which changes the XPR to LZX while building ROMs? or anyother trick to make it automated?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Does anyone have any StartMenu_GridScene for vga 640x480 with 4 icons per row? I have been looking for over an hr....
Old 04-24-2009, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Love; HTC Touch Diamond

Zecanilis is becoming a great contributor

I've automated mine. I've extracted imgfs.bin from my payload and changed de first "XPR" to "LZX". Then i puted it back in payload.
And that's all ...
(And replacing the cecompr.dll from xip folder)
All working well with plataformrebuilder.

Last edited by Zecanilis; 04-24-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

anybody figured whats wrong with Pandora radio.it refuzes to play with any wm 6.5 build

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software