PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CRACING
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Thanks for narrowing down my plan.
Everything works.Now I can access and actually see the pictures in my sprint online albums using SPCS picturemail application.ActivX works too!
Checkout sms also because I faced sms problem when I changed the ie to old.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrikanth View Post
Checkout sms also because I faced sms problem when I changed the ie to old.
Tested sms,sending and receiving works.
I did not deleted browsingie,I just took browsingie folder from 21018 and made an OEM.
Can you ,guys,test my OEM?It will show up in "Internet" group in ppck.

spcs picture mail and 6.1 live search works great now,ActiveX works too.I wrote notes in oem info(its not compatible with 6.5 money,msn weather and search).
Attached Files
File Type: rar IE from 6.1.rar (2.26 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vin255764; 04-24-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:52 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
If you have 10 cars, and you allocate 2 of them to me, then ask me to carry your suit case in one of my cars, are you better off than if you had allocated 1 car to me?
I guess that would be fine. If the ten cars just sat there a lot of times, why not waste 2? Or am I still missing one other key factor? (which is entirely possible, I'm sure...hell, it's probably more than one...)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
I guess that would be fine. If the ten cars just sat there a lot of times, why not waste 2? Or am I still missing one other key factor? (which is entirely possible, I'm sure...hell, it's probably more than one...)
You carrying the suitcase is equivalent to nonxip, me carrying the suitcase is equivalent to xip. Do you trully gain any space moving the suitcase from you to me? No. You still have 10 cars no matter how you slice and dice it, but 1.5 cars is wasted if you over allocate to me. Sure, 8 to you and 2 to me with you carrying the suitcase is the worst for you, and you get a perceived gain of .5 by me carrying the suitcase, but the best is to fix your allocation: 10 for you 0 for me, and you carry the suitcase (because you probably don't always have a suitcase). If you've really gotta have the suitcase handy at all times, even 9 for you 1 for me, and me carrying the suitcase is better than 8 + 2 and me carrying the suitcase.

The point is there is a fixed amount of memory over which to distribute stuff and optimal division of your resources will give you the maximum gain. You will not gain additional RAM by xipping (analogous to adding an 11th car). Overallocating and then pointing out the gain of moving from one area to the over allocated area is a poor example of gain compared to allocating efficiently in the first place.

Your original statement was that you save 4MB approx. of memory by moving igo to xip region. Now you're saying it's ok to waste some space because you have so much. These are competing ideas - either you are trying to maximize or you are not, but being wasteful in one area and then trying to maximize your wastefullness is not an optimum strategy.

Last edited by gguruusa; 04-24-2009 at 09:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
You carrying the suitcase is equivalent to nonxip, me carrying the suitcase is equivalent to xip. Do you trully gain any space moving the suitcase from you to me? No. You still have 10 cars no matter how you slice and dice it, but 1.5 cars is wasted if you over allocate to me. Sure, 8 to you and 2 to me with you carrying the suitcase is the worst for you, and you get a perceived gain of .5 by me carrying the suitcase, but the best is to fix your allocation: 10 for you 0 for me, and you carry the suitcase (because you probably don't always have a suitcase). If you've really gotta have the suitcase handy at all times, even 9 for you 1 for me, and me carrying the suitcase is better than 8 + 2 and me carrying the suitcase.

The point is there is a fixed amount of memory over which to distribute stuff and optimal division of your resources will give you the maximum gain. You will not gain additional RAM by xipping (analogous to adding an 11th car). Overallocating and then pointing out the gain of moving from one area to the over allocated area is a poor example of gain compared to allocating efficiently in the first place.

Your original statement was that you save 4MB approx. of memory by moving igo to xip region. Now you're saying it's ok to waste some space because you have so much. These are competing ideas - either you're trying to maximize or your not, but being wasteful in one area and then trying to maximize your wastefullness is not an optimum strategy.
I thought XIP memory was a pre-allocated region, meaning if the program/dll is a XIP it would be loaded into given a slot in XIP portion instead of the normal application space, thus giving me more usable RAM in the normal application space, therefore only losing out on XIP allocation space (which the application on question would never use). Is this incorrect?

This is based from this:
"When execute in place (XIP) DLLs are loaded, they are loaded from the top of the 64 MB space down. Each XIP DLL is based (positioned in the address space) when the ROM is created. When a non XIP DLL is loaded, it is positioned below the 32 MB boundary. Non-XIP DLLs, also called RAM-based DLLs, are those that are loaded from the object store, decompressed from ROM or loaded from an external file system such as a Compact Flash card. The upper 32 MB of the applications virtual memory space is only used for XIP DLLs."

But of course, I may be interpreting it wrong. Please don't assume I am saying you are wrong at all. I am just trying to gain a better understanding and appreciate all of your feedback thus far

Last edited by joojoobee666; 04-24-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:

Your original statement was that you save 4MB approx. of memory by moving igo to xip region. Now you're saying it's ok to waste some space because you have so much. These are competing ideas - either you are trying to maximize or you are not, but being wasteful in one area and then trying to maximize your wastefullness is not an optimum strategy.
Hmmm, almost having an headache reading all these technical stuff, but amazed at the same time how much am learning.
So final analysis of what you are saying sir, is we could just get skewed overly too excited moduling everything including what stays more beneficial in the overall interest as a file?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
Hmmm, almost having an headache reading all these technical stuff, but amazed at the same time how much am learning.
So final analysis of what you are saying sir, is we could just get skewed overly too excited moduling everything including what stays more beneficial in the overall interest as a file?
Next complicated question will be how to know what to Module, and what is best left as a file? I have followed all the theories, but how do I just pick my oems and say "you are better of a module, and you a file"

I have studied the SYS from 21159 till 21501 and found out that most SYS folders that were files in 21159 and 21169, were either partially or completely converted into modules form 2117+ and above. So does this not account for the speed of subsequent builds and improved memory management and efficiency?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
Next complicated question will be how to know what to Module, and what is best left as a file? I have followed all the theories, but how do I just pick my oems and say "you are better of a module, and you a file"

I have studied the SYS from 21159 till 21501 and found out that most SYS folders that were files in 21159 and 21169, were either partially or completely converted into modules form 2117+ and above. So does this not account for the speed of subsequent builds and improved memory management and efficiency?
Well, I am no expert here, but one suspicion I have is that whoever dumped the sys could have done that. Also, quite a few modules often had to be converted into files in order for G'Reloc to work on the 6.5 builds, hence the change to WMReloc in PPCKitchen. Anyone is welcome to correct me on this.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 04-24-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser

Quote:
Did the punctuation keys fall off your keyboard? It's hard as hell to figure out what you intended to say when your post is one giant run on blob.

If installing apps makes you "lose it", I suggest therapy. As far as I know, you're the only one "losing it" because they performed an install. I definitely don't know anyone who "lost it" because of an app or has an app that can help you recover from "losing it"
ok lets try some punction today. There is some app or setting i changed on my device that inhibits my notifoicatins, meaning when i go into the notification app it wont save the changes or exit upon pressing ok. Also the settings i had before are no longer active so when i recive a text message it doesnt vibrate or ring
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

Hey, I've been reading this thread for a while, and I've been trying to port over the 21501 SYS to the i910. I've been cooking for WM6.1, so I understand enough to get a decent WM6.1 rom out, but I would really like to get 6.5 on the device. Through trial and error, I've gotten the device to the second boot screen. For a while it would boot, and the screen would turn off, and be frozen at the Welcome screen(when I hit a button, the backlight would turn back on). Now when it boots, it gets through 5-8 loops of the second boot screen and then the screen goes out of sync (doesn't take up the whole screen, lines are fuzzy). This leads me to think it's either not loading the correct driver for something. Has anyone run into this problem and can shed some light on what my next step in attempting to get a working rom should be?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software