PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
How exactly is this done? I don't even have a xip.bin with the kitchen I'm using (calkulin). Do I have to extract it somehow? Thanks
extract, insert file, rebase, rebuild, insert back into rom. Probably a bit advanced for you.

BTW, this is probably a pointless and slightly detrimental change for Diamond/Touch Pro devices. You should really only be considering it if you have an older device like the apache.

Last edited by gguruusa; 04-27-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
extract, insert file, rebase, rebuild, insert back into rom. Probably a bit advanced for you.
Ok, well, I extracted the xip.bin from the os.nb.payload using xipporterex, then dumped it using xipport, replaced the cecompr.dll, built xip_out.bin, then used xippoterex to write it back to the os.nb.payload. Didn't boot. Where did I go wrong here? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

Quote:
this is probably a pointless and slightly detrimental change for Diamond/Touch Pro devices. You should really only be considering it if you have an older device like the apache.
So will the LZX compression not give more storage memory if done right?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

seatone is just getting started

Quote:
Ok, well, I extracted the xip.bin from the os.nb.payload using xipporterex, then dumped it using xipport, replaced the cecompr.dll, built xip_out.bin, then used xippoterex to write it back to the os.nb.payload. Didn't boot. Where did I go wrong here? Thanks for your help.
Sorry, at xda I havn't answered, cos I thought that you've already done the aboves...
In my oppinion this is the right way as you wrote (os.nb-os.nb.payload-xip.bin-oemxipkernel-change cecompr.dll-xip.new.bin-os.nb.payload) BUT, don't forget to edit your imgfs.bin or the payload file at the beginning of the imgfs signature, changing XPR to LPX

Than it should boot...
And you'll gain cca. 10 mbs.

Last edited by seatone; 04-27-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Did you rebase?

Quote:
So will the LZX compression not give more storage memory if done right?
It will. On diamond/touchpro, you should not be in short supply of storage memory, however.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Did you rebase?

It will. On diamond/touchpro, you should not be in short supply of storage memory, however.
How do you rebase? The sprint diamond doesn't have much storage memory... even my vogue had much more (had to scrimp and cut stuff to get 50mb with my 6.5 rom)
Old 04-27-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Love; HTC Touch Diamond

Zecanilis is becoming a great contributor

I think that LZX compression is no good for people that has 200MHz processor.
In my opinion, what you get from free space does not worth the decrease of speed, has LZX is slower that XPR.

I've tried in my love, and quickly got back do XPR.
Or i whould had to increase my PP, wich is out of my todo list...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecanilis View Post
I think that LZX compression is no good for people that has 200MHz processor.
In my opinion, what you get from free space does not worth the decrease of speed, has LZX is slower that XPR.

I've tried in my love, and quickly got back do XPR.
Or i whould had to increase my PP, wich is out of my todo list...
Yeah, LZX would blow on slower processors. Increasing pagepool would not have helped.

No compression is probably best on the really slow machines, assuming they can take the storage hit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
How do you rebase?
search. That's a long subject.
Quote:
The sprint diamond doesn't have much storage memory... even my vogue had much more (had to scrimp and cut stuff to get 50mb with my 6.5 rom)
What diamond do you have? The vogue has 128MB of flash, the Diamond has 256MB. There is no way in hell you can cram as much on a vogue as you can on a diamond.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
search. That's a long subject.
What diamond do you have? The vogue has 128MB of flash, the Diamond has 256MB. There is no way in hell you can cram as much on a vogue as you can on a diamond.
I had the sprint version of vogue, sprint diamond as well. My vogue had 256mb ROM, same as the diamond. Maybe it's the greater file size of VGA graphics? Either way, I had about 100mb of program memory to work with after a flash vs the 50-75mb i have with the diamond

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software