PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Is there a certain set of files that need to be checked to ensure that Exchange Mail works properly? I've read about issues with Exchange in some of these builds, and someone complained that 21500 had this problem.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Okay I got to download the installer, that is what I clicked to download, what I got instead was a build os.exe, so I assume they the same thing right?
Then I double clicked to install and all I get is a DOS box that appears some few seconds and disappears. What am I missing?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Got 21500 running in the Ervis kitchen but SMS composing is not working again. Whent back quite a few posts and can not find anything on it. Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to fix it again?
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
Old 04-13-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Is there a certain set of files that need to be checked to ensure that Exchange Mail works properly? I've read about issues with Exchange in some of these builds, and someone complained that 21500 had this problem.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Inbox\RecipientAutocompl ete]
"MaxSuggestions"=dword:1

I think
Old 04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Inbox\RecipientAutocompl ete]
"MaxSuggestions"=dword:1

I think
That's just the auto-complete that shows up in the "To:" field for SMS/Email. I actually set it to 0 for my SMS to not crash.

Actually, to tell you the truth, someone mentioned the Exchange issue to me when trying my ROM, but I have no idea exactly what he meant, I just thought it was related to the Exchange issues someone else was having before. I'll find out more info on his problem later.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
That's just the auto-complete that shows up in the "To:" field for SMS/Email. I actually set it to 0 for my SMS to not crash.

Actually, to tell you the truth, someone mentioned the Exchange issue to me when trying my ROM, but I have no idea exactly what he meant, I just thought it was related to the Exchange issues someone else was having before. I'll find out more info on his problem later.
I thought that was not a problem since 21198... exchange not connecting or something like that
Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i haven't had any exchange issues since 21198 i believe. been running 21500 since Thurs or Friday and I've been syncing w/exchange since w/o issue.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37
Exclamation Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

ATTENTION!!!!

Anyone who directly downloaded 21500 from xBeta.

As many of you know, I contracted a nasty series of virus's here lately. I had it narrowed down to last Sunday. In the mail this morning I received an urgent letter from my internet service provider stating that I had downloaded a virus through their network. This letter listed the IP and MAC addresses of the 3 machines on my network that were infected. It also stated the file that was downloaded that I received the virus's with.

If you downloaded 21500 directly from the Chinese link, I would HIGHLY advise a virus and Malware scan on your PC (And all PC's on your network.)

It took two programs to remove the virus's from two of my PC's, and a low level format on the third to get rid of this thing.

I used the Avast! Home Edition (Free) and Windows Live OneCare (Free Trial). I had Norton's Anti Virus installed, and it got through it.

Prior to your scans, do the following:

In all of your internet Browsers, clear all personal data INCLUDING OFFLINE CONTENT (internet, cookies, history, etc.). Then open your Run Command from the start menu, type in "%temp%" without the quotes. Select all but the <WCES*.log> entries (these are for ActiveSynce, and <WCESLog.log> will not delete), Delete all. If any of the selected items are not able to be deleted, reboot in safe mode, run %temp% again, and delete them there.

Once you are done there, change the default settings in avast to "Thourough" and scan (boot time scan, will reboot your machine and scan before Windows starts)...delete any virus's that come up. Uninstall Avast!, install OneCare, scan again (each got rid of different virus's). I then uninstalled OneCare when it was done, and now have avast! running constantly....Norton's went bye bye.

This was from my personal experience, your's may or may not be different. I am posting this for informational purposes, I am only able to go off of the information that has been provided to me, and this is not intended to create a panic, just to advise my fellow developers and testers.

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

thanks for the heads up T, i pulled my SYS from Da_G's kitchen and seem to be virus free. i'll keep an eye out and my fingers crossed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
ATTENTION!!!!

Anyone who directly downloaded 21500 from xBeta.

As many of you know, I contracted a nasty series of virus's here lately. I had it narrowed down to last Sunday. In the mail this morning I received an urgent letter from my internet service provider stating that I had downloaded a virus through their network. This letter listed the IP and MAC addresses of the 3 machines on my network that were infected. It also stated the file that was downloaded that I received the virus's with.
Hey bro, thanks for the heads-up. Do you know which files specifically contained the virus??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software