PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (T7381 with 3G 850/2100)
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

Damager is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
M2D builds have been pulled down for right now. More testing is needed at this time.
You can still try the cab installs that I provided a link too.
Thanks for that Matt. I dont mind at all as im sure you guys will be testing, finetuning, tweaking as much as required, to get it as right as possible, before getting it back to us
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deddy777 View Post
Hey Mattsm, I am getting a consistent 21mb to work with using your Sprint ROM, and except for the music player (which I am going to try and figure out tomorrow) it is very fast. I read the link you pointed to, that talks about HTC Mega package and it looks pretty interesting. I will probably look at both methods this weekend, i.e. your ROM with the base of 23017 and the alternative of adding cabs to see how they differ.
I am using manila 2d version: 19balldevices, the pictures zoom in and out by making circles and it flicks well to move from one picture to the next. As well the weather, people, I can setup email but have not tried send or push.(more tomorrow). I like that you use Oxios Hibernate, but could you start including the close apps as well, for some reason I get back more memory with that application. I also use the file extensions app because I can send shortcuts from my programs folder that is on my SD card. Tonight I am going to hard reset and just add the programs I use regularly to see what my memory footprint is. I will be amazed if I can be the 21mb by much. You are doing fantastic work, as are your peers.=D>=D>=D>=D>
Thanks and do report your results on the m2d.
On the close apps that you use, send me a link, I will include it.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:20 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damager View Post
Thanks for that Matt. I dont mind at all as im sure you guys will be testing, finetuning, tweaking as much as required, to get it as right as possible, before getting it back to us

This has and still is a pretty good task. But we will get it. We had to pull because of issues. I guess we should have tested alittle more thorough. We will not release until we are happy.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Using the Sprint 23017 file (non light). Two small issues....not critical.

1) In high mem kernel, I set the battery to display, via advanced configuration, but when I use any program, or click anything, it reverts back to the clock. If I click the task manager, and click to hide the task manager, the battery icon returns. Same with low mem kernel

2)The pictures display upside down. In the preview pane on the home screen, they display fine. It's when I click on it, to see it full screen is where i see the issue.

Other than that....good rom.

Last edited by tokuzumi; 08-06-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC M8
Carrier: Cricket

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Mattsm 6.5 23017

Quote:
Thanks and do report your results on the m2d.
On the close apps that you use, send me a link, I will include it.

Mattsm you are doing great work and here is the link for both Oxios applications. http://www.oxios.com/memory/

I am also going to suggest a couple other apps that I always reinstall.

File Explorer Extension which has a lot of utility. What I use the most is the feature to send a shortcut from my SD card to programs. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421723

Device Update is like an app store. http://www.crc.id.au/deviceupdate/user-apps.pl

Call Calendar which will log all incoming and outgoing calls and publish them as private appointments on your calendar, WM outlook. http://kingfetty.com/Downloads.aspx

Fantastic ROM and I am still testing the M2d, although I am tempted by the Mega upgrade. You
Old 08-07-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Using the Sprint 23017 file (non light). Two small issues....not critical.

1) In high mem kernel, I set the battery to display, via advanced configuration, but when I use any program, or click anything, it reverts back to the clock. If I click the task manager, and click to hide the task manager, the battery icon returns. Same with low mem kernel

2)The pictures display upside down. In the preview pane on the home screen, they display fine. It's when I click on it, to see it full screen is where i see the issue.

Other than that....good rom.

1. If you want the battery in task bar instead of clock then goto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\TaskBa r
delete : ConsistentClockOrBattery

2. my pictures show sideways and not upside down. I will look at this but not really a big deal, It is using HTC album so when the picture comes up just gesture C on the screen and it turns it 90degrees for every gesture. If you gesture a circle then it zooms in. Flick left or right and it goes to next picture or previous picture.

I have been extremely busy this week at the business. I have not even downloaded the 23022 that was released, but listening to others that is OK.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deddy777 View Post
Mattsm you are doing great work and here is the link for both Oxios applications. http://www.oxios.com/memory/

I am also going to suggest a couple other apps that I always reinstall.

File Explorer Extension which has a lot of utility. What I use the most is the feature to send a shortcut from my SD card to programs. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421723

Device Update is like an app store. http://www.crc.id.au/deviceupdate/user-apps.pl

Call Calendar which will log all incoming and outgoing calls and publish them as private appointments on your calendar, WM outlook. http://kingfetty.com/Downloads.aspx

Fantastic ROM and I am still testing the M2d, although I am tempted by the Mega upgrade. You

This should not even be a problem at all to include these. Thank you.
The oxios close apps are already in oem form for me (thanks to Tplane37). I forwarded this message so he can look at for me, since I have been so busy. His findings on this were as you said. The close apps does seem to do a better job on releasing memmory.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
1. If you want the battery in task bar instead of clock then goto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\TaskBa r
delete : ConsistentClockOrBattery

2. my pictures show sideways and not upside down. I will look at this but not really a big deal, It is using HTC album so when the picture comes up just gesture C on the screen and it turns it 90degrees for every gesture. If you gesture a circle then it zooms in. Flick left or right and it goes to next picture or previous picture.

I have been extremely busy this week at the business. I have not even downloaded the 23022 that was released, but listening to others that is OK.
Now that I know about using gestures to rotate pictures, this issue goes away. I'll play around with the reg hack in #1.

I look forward to a stable 23022 style build, as those large buttons at the bottom of the screen are a great step forward. They may not be the most aesthetically pleasing, but the functionality of them is tremendous.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Now that I know about using gestures to rotate pictures, this issue goes away. I'll play around with the reg hack in #1.

I look forward to a stable 23022 style build, as those large buttons at the bottom of the screen are a great step forward. They may not be the most aesthetically pleasing, but the functionality of them is tremendous.
I will play with this build over the week end, just have not had time. I will post it when I get done so that you guys can look. But I am not releasing this as one of my normall builds so don't expect much.

Oh and that word in red up there. I have to look that up in the dictionary. LOL

Last edited by mattsm; 08-07-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I will play with this build over the week end, just have not had time. I will post it when I get done so that you guys can look. But I am not releasing this as one of my normall builds so don't expect much.

Oh and that word in red up there. I have to look that up in the dictionary. LOL
Sorry...that's the only big word I know

Also, from what I understand, aren't the 23022 builds unstable, thus the reason they are not released yet?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development