PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23017

use total commander and navigate to windows/startup
Delete dcibattery and qwertymem
reset and they are gone

Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work

Thanks Mattsm for all your work ...
For those interested I have been using 23024 for a day now and I must say I like where the builds are going. I can see what they are trying to do and I am using my stylus and keyboard much less.

But (you know there had to be one), after using it for a day, you are going to need some patience with this build. Here are some of the gotchas

1) Anything that scrolls won't automatically scroll down (i.e. you arrow down on entry fields and what you are on won't be visible, you must use the scroll bar to ge to it)
2) The Start Menu (after scrolling down) will not scroll all the way up to the top (half of the first row is cut off)
3) The text is awkward in entry boxes - the text boxes and drop downs are 3 times the normal size but the text size is the same - lots of wasted space (hopefully they will enlarge and change the default font type), BTW chaning the text size to large has no effect
4) The new buttons at the bottom are good size and respond but not sure why some are not justified to right or centered
5) The title menu sometimes becomes twice the size and is duplicated below the normal one
6) The bottom bar keyboard button list doesn't always go away and gets stuck on
7) and there is more ...

Even with all this aggravation I really like were they are going. If anyone from MS Mobile team is reading this I would suggest moving the title bar items into this new bottom bar. Use icons instead of words for the bottom bar and make the buttons a consistent size. This will give the same real estate back plus having easier finger operations of both the traditional title bar and soft key bar items.

DevSolution

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (T7381 with 3G 850/2100)
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

Damager is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
One issue I'm having. Last week, I had a message stating "configuring data services", and the IOTA icon popped up. Now, after configuring, it takes about 3.5 minutes to connect to the Sprint network, once it loads into the titanium screen. Prior to this, it only took seconds to load. Is there a setting/registry entry somewhere I can tweak to shorten this network search?

i've had this issue in the last 2 builds also. even with my carrier cab installed, it still does this.

does this happen to everyone? this message comes up everytime i hit the net. deleted "sprint" in the connection settings but this iota thing still pops up.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This IOTA issue that some are having. I am not sure, I have never had this problem. I have talked to someone in Force Developments(AstainHellbring) who is a sprint user as well. He said I was lucky cuz his used to do it too. What he did to fix this was flash back to stock rom and run the IOTA and just play around on the net for a bit. Then flash back. His issue was solved.

Now something you need to know is that some stock roms contain an spl. So after flashing back to stock, double check you bootloader to verify spl. You may need to run one of the unlockers to flash back to the custom roms.

Other than this I am not sure, cuz I have not had this problem.

Just a thought of mine on this: If one of the previous roms did not have this problem. You can try and reflash back to one of them and run the IOTA and play on net a bit. Then flash back.
I am just giving suggestions at this point.

If anyone else has some insight on this, then do tell. Thanx.

Hope this works for you guys, and if not we will do some more research.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Everytime you access the internet or when a program access the internet there is a pop up.
To disable this popup do this.

start/settings/sounds and notifications
under the notifications tab
Event dropdown select connection established
uncheck display message on screen
click ok
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

na3blis is a n00b

I had this problem when I first started using custom roms, and I had not used the internet before I had flashed. So I flashed back to stock rom and was able to connect to the internet, reflashed to one of your custom roms and it has worked fine ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
This IOTA issue that some are having. I am not sure, I have never had this problem. I have talked to someone in Force Developments(AstainHellbring) who is a sprint user as well. He said I was lucky cuz his used to do it too. What he did to fix this was flash back to stock rom and run the IOTA and just play around on the net for a bit. Then flash back. His issue was solved.

Now something you need to know is that some stock roms contain an spl. So after flashing back to stock, double check you bootloader to verify spl. You may need to run one of the unlockers to flash back to the custom roms.

Just a thought of mine on this: If one of the previous roms did not have this problem. You can try and reflash back to one of them and run the IOTA and play on net a bit. Then flash back.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

andrewjb is becoming a great contributor

Anyone have an issue adding and accessing gmail with this ROM?
Old 08-12-2009, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjb View Post
Anyone have an issue adding and accessing gmail with this ROM?
Via which method? GMail has its own java app, which I used on 6.1, but haven't messed with on 6.5. Skyfire sucks at loading the full feature gmail page, and I don't want to resort to using the HTML page, as the links don't work right. I haven't tried with internet explorer.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

andrewjb is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Via which method? GMail has its own java app, which I used on 6.1, but haven't messed with on 6.5. Skyfire sucks at loading the full feature gmail page, and I don't want to resort to using the HTML page, as the links don't work right. I haven't tried with internet explorer.
I have been using gmail via IMAP4 the way defined on their site.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post

This worked for me. Hopefully, this IOTA thing doesn't pop up again....or I'm by the phone when it does, so I can cancel it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development