PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

andrewjb is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23017

Any one else see a change in the buttons at the bottom of the screen for IE? It seems the back arrow has been switched with the close button.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Noticed that right away.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:04 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just reporting in on some of these builds. I have been flashing all of these new build numbers that have been coming. Speed and stability are fine. The main issue that I do not like about it is the new look with the screen size of this Titan. To be honest I hate it.
If one wants to continue looking at the builds I can post the newest one up tonite. 23403 build. But it will not be one of my rom releases. Just let me know.

The good note is that this has giving me time to search for tweaks and add them to my provxml.
So this weekend I will work on another 23017 build(which is what I run on personal phone) and it has been very stable.

I have also been looking at the TP2 stuff pretty hard. I will be getting mine as soon as sprint releases. But I will not abandon working with the titan at that time. I know that there will be still users of this phone. And I will still own 3 of them.

So post up your suggestions on making the 23017 build better for now, and I will work on this in the mean time.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I noticed that when running 23017, that the abillity to reply to a post on PPCGeeks (or XDA), is dissabled.
I will try running the ROM that you use (23017_MY), and see if the same thing happens.
Other than that one little issue, this a rock solid ROM.
I have been running 23017 since you first uploaded it, and it has been very stable and good on battery use.
Keep up the great work.

EDIT:
I guess I was talking about trying 23009_MY.
Flashing now.
EDIT 2:
The "ZOOM Browser" (HTML) must be used to access editing functions.
This is with 23017 or 23009.

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!

Last edited by cac2us; 08-21-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: OOPS.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here is the latest build number

Sprint 23034

This is posted for you flashing addicts. Actually it is starting to look alittle better.
The start menu icon is on the bottom bar.
The top bar is smaller now as well. I have removed the task manager because of top bar conflict. I am using the vc button to open the task manager under the start menu(you will need to map it).
The dialer is stock on this one.
I am not releasing this as one of my normal builds, but it is stable and quick. And I am going to run it on my phone this weekend for further testing.

The first post still has 23017. Also if there was a favorite build number I still have all the builds uploaded.

Back to working on some things.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work

Thanks for updating to 23034. I like to flash with the latest.

Here is the only item I found weird with this build (I hard reset already):
1. Storage card no longer being recognized

I love this cooked ROM except for a couple of minor items (my personal preferences)
1. I am not a fan of iContact and actually prefer the stock 6.5 contact program (having trouble reverting back on your ROM)
2. If you get a chance I personally like the look of Shady313 skin of WM6.5 over at XDA -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546805. If you could integrate this I would personally remove the memory and the battery bar at the top.

Otherwise it is a rocking build of the new "fat" bottom bar 6.5.

Thanks again Mattsm.

DevSolution

Old 08-23-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsolution View Post
Thanks for updating to 23034. I like to flash with the latest.

Here is the only item I found weird with this build (I hard reset already):
1. Storage card no longer being recognized

I love this cooked ROM except for a couple of minor items (my personal preferences)
1. I am not a fan of iContact and actually prefer the stock 6.5 contact program (having trouble reverting back on your ROM)
2. If you get a chance I personally like the look of Shady313 skin of WM6.5 over at XDA -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546805. If you could integrate this I would personally remove the memory and the battery bar at the top.

Otherwise it is a rocking build of the new "fat" bottom bar 6.5.

Thanks again Mattsm.
First 1. ? recognizes on mine. Not sure right this minute. I have alot on mind. Bought another laptop today and trying to get it all setup.

Second 1. I will remove the icontacts and go with stock since this can be added in via cab. No Prob.

2. I will look at this when I get all set back up.

Thanks for your comments.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work

Was using this most of the day today and found another problem (I think):
  • The status bar when clicked does not show any large icons (i.e. to adjust volume), the drop down is there, functionality is there, just no icons
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsolution View Post
  • The status bar when clicked does not show any large icons (i.e. to adjust volume), the drop down is there, functionality is there, just no icons
yep you are correct on this issue, I knew about it and will fix it but still setting things up on this new system. I posted this problem as well in development. Things will be very nice when I get this network like I want it.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC M8
Carrier: Cricket

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Mattsm 6.5 23017

Originally Posted by devsolution
The status bar when clicked does not show any large icons (i.e. to adjust volume), the drop down is there, functionality is there, just no icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
yep you are correct on this issue, I knew about it and will fix it but still setting things up on this new system. I posted this problem as well in development. Things will be very nice when I get this network like I want it.
I ran your 34 this weekend and even today, I could not figure how to change the volume. I know it is probably something simple but I missed it. By the way I think if you don't cook in the task bar it might be more functional. That said, awesome work and I like the menu and go buttons on the bottom. You

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development