PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rothgar is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rothgar
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23007

Quote:
Originally Posted by na3blis View Post
Does anyone else have an issue with the Messaging continually popping up? It's just the word Messaging along the top, with the close X, and along the bottom the messaging controls (i don't remember at the moment exactly what they say). But it will continually pop-up throughout the day whether I'm browsing the internet or it's just laying on my desk charging. I just flashed yesterday to the 23007 and it also happened when i had 23004 on it. Thanks.
I am running 23007 too and I have noticed this issue as well. I installed the Verizon carrier cab but it still is a issue. It comes up every time I soft reset and occasionally when I take the phone out of standby.
I close it out and I don't notice anything wrong after it is closed.
VZW Treo 700w
VZW HTC Apache
VZW Motorola Q
VZW Audiovox xv6600
Old 07-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar View Post
I am running 23007 too and I have noticed this issue as well. I installed the Verizon carrier cab but it still is a issue. It comes up every time I soft reset and occasionally when I take the phone out of standby.
Are you set to sync e-mail on a schedule?
Do you use WindowsLive?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar View Post
I saw this a many times when I was running 23007 and have seen it a few times on the barebones 23009. Generally it seems to be happening when I am bringing the phone back up after the screen has been off. Doesn't happen every time, or even most times, but that's usually when I notice it. I think it's checking for new messages, but have not tried to verify that.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
I think it's checking for new messages, but have not tried to verify that.
THis is correct.
Hope all had a great weekend.

I did cook up a 21828 that was released over the weekend. But seems to be older than the 23009. I am not going to post unless you guys just want it.
There is nothing to justify flashing to it.
Probly tonite I will be uploading a build that I am using. It will be from the 23009 base. I know you guys like that dialer. I will keep it in the nonbare bones rom.
But this one I am using I think you will like as well.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23009

Here is another 23009 build. This one is the one I am running on my personal phone.
Sprint carrier. Flash, hard reset, then soft reset after bootup. Then start your customizations.

I forgot one thing. The dialer that I am using needs a shortcut in the windows startup folder.
Easy fix is this.
Run the phonex in the startmenu, then hit phone pad bottom right, then hit options bottom left, then select run on windows startup. Click ok and done.

Last edited by mattsm; 07-29-2009 at 02:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spring Mogul

JustinNorthcutt is a n00b

I did try and search but didn't find any info, so I'll ask here, sorry if this has been answered.

I'm having a problem where I loose my data connection. I think it is happening each night, but I'm not positive about that. I have to restart in order for the data connection to work again, not huge, but I don't really know that I need to, so I loose email/schedule updates.

Any ideas?

And THANKS for the ROM!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinNorthcutt View Post
I did try and search but didn't find any info, so I'll ask here, sorry if this has been answered.

I'm having a problem where I loose my data connection. I think it is happening each night, but I'm not positive about that. I have to restart in order for the data connection to work again, not huge, but I don't really know that I need to, so I loose email/schedule updates.

Any ideas?

And THANKS for the ROM!
Not sure exactly what you you are saying here. When you say you loose data connection. Openning IE won't restore? Manually checking email won't restore? The email schedule should start a connections as well at the time of schedule.

Are you saying that the only way to establish any type of data connection is upon a soft reset?
A little more info may help us out here.

Edit: I Did mention this to Tplane37 if he had ever seen this. And this was his reply.
yeah...more in the early builds of 6.5
[07:32] <@Tplane37> just had to go into connections, manage existing connections, edit the one that is already there, just keep pressing next until it is done....change nothing
[07:32] <@Tplane37> then, go back into manage existing connections, tap+hold, tap connect, and when prompted for the password, leave it blank, tap "Save Password" and connect
[07:32] <@Tplane37> problem goes away

Last edited by mattsm; 07-28-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Rhel is a n00b

i can't really figure out how to word this for searching but since i installed this rom i have a orangish pixel line above and below my start button on the taskbar. is there any fix for this? if i switch back to my previous rom it looks just fine, also a cooked one. any perhaps in relation to that my HTC task button doesn't work most of the time the icon switchs like the menu is out to close apps but the window doesn't fly out. any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhel View Post
i can't really figure out how to word this for searching but since i installed this rom i have a orangish pixel line above and below my start button on the taskbar. is there any fix for this? if i switch back to my previous rom it looks just fine, also a cooked one. any perhaps in relation to that my HTC task button doesn't work most of the time the icon switchs like the menu is out to close apps but the window doesn't fly out. any help would be greatly appreciated
Which exact rom are you using? MY personal or one of the others, cuz if you are running my personal there is not a HTC task button(That is why I say flash rom, hard reset, soft reset). I use the Quickmenu. When you hit the icon in the top left it open quick menu. When you hit the word Start in the task bar in open the start menu.
There is a meter above the task bar that is for the battery.
There is a meter below the task bar for memory.
Those are meters. Read back through this thread and it tells you how to get rid of them.
The HTC task button you are refering to?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Rhel is a n00b

yes your sprint version for 23009
and thank you it's the meters that i need to remove. that was what i was confused about. and the top right icon is quick menu? i thought it was the task manager.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development