Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 AM
devsolution
N00b

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23017

Thanks Mattsm for all your work ...
For those interested I have been using 23024 for a day now and I must say I like where the builds are going. I can see what they are trying to do and I am using my stylus and keyboard much less.

But (you know there had to be one), after using it for a day, you are going to need some patience with this build. Here are some of the gotchas

1) Anything that scrolls won't automatically scroll down (i.e. you arrow down on entry fields and what you are on won't be visible, you must use the scroll bar to ge to it)
2) The Start Menu (after scrolling down) will not scroll all the way up to the top (half of the first row is cut off)
3) The text is awkward in entry boxes - the text boxes and drop downs are 3 times the normal size but the text size is the same - lots of wasted space (hopefully they will enlarge and change the default font type), BTW chaning the text size to large has no effect
4) The new buttons at the bottom are good size and respond but not sure why some are not justified to right or centered
5) The title menu sometimes becomes twice the size and is duplicated below the normal one
6) The bottom bar keyboard button list doesn't always go away and gets stuck on
7) and there is more ...

Even with all this aggravation I really like were they are going. If anyone from MS Mobile team is reading this I would suggest moving the title bar items into this new bottom bar. Use icons instead of words for the bottom bar and make the buttons a consistent size. This will give the same real estate back plus having easier finger operations of both the traditional title bar and soft key bar items.

DevSolution

This post has been thanked 3 times.