PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

na3blis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23007

Does anyone else have an issue with the Messaging continually popping up? It's just the word Messaging along the top, with the close X, and along the bottom the messaging controls (i don't remember at the moment exactly what they say). But it will continually pop-up throughout the day whether I'm browsing the internet or it's just laying on my desk charging. I just flashed yesterday to the 23007 and it also happened when i had 23004 on it. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by na3blis View Post
Does anyone else have an issue with the Messaging continually popping up? It's just the word Messaging along the top, with the close X, and along the bottom the messaging controls (i don't remember at the moment exactly what they say). But it will continually pop-up throughout the day whether I'm browsing the internet or it's just laying on my desk charging. I just flashed yesterday to the 23007 and it also happened when i had 23004 on it. Thanks.
Did you delete the network settings for Sprint?

Last edited by cac2us; 07-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
How often are you syncing email. Cuz if is every 5 minutes then it will pop every 5 min. This has been addressed before.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
I know a bunch of other people who use that on their phones with no similar slowing issues. It could be a few things:
1 - You've got a bad download. Try to download it again, either from the first post on my thread here, or GC's original thread.
2 - It's having a conflict with some other cab you have installed. Do you have any other installs or tweaks that interact with MMS, email or Outlook?

If those aren't the case, then I'd suggest looking around for another VZW Arcsoft cab; there are probably a few out there.

Good luck
Thx for replying btonetbone..... It's not that it slows the phone down, just slowly eats memory.... I am going to flash to 23009 today and install nothing but my verizon carrier cab and this MMS cab.... and see what happens..... will report back when I have results..... thx again
Old 07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

na3blis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
How often are you syncing email. Cuz if is every 5 minutes then it will pop every 5 min. This has been addressed before.
ah, sorry I did not see a previous post on the subject, but I do have it set to sync every 5 minutes.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
ah, sorry I did not see a previous post on the subject, but I do have it set to sync every 5 minutes.
No prob and no need to be sorry. It probly was not addressed in this thread cuz we are in several. All the links in my signature are the threads we mostly work in.

But now it is in this thread. Have a great day.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

thattekguy is a n00b
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23009

I am a little rusty, do I just have to download sprint 23009 and put that on my phone?
I already have dcd 3.2.5 rom, radio version is 3.42.50 on my xv6800, and I think I ran npl240 or something like that to unlock my device. Thanks for any answers I m ay get
Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thattekguy View Post
I am a little rusty, do I just have to download sprint 23009 and put that on my phone?
I already have dcd 3.2.5 rom, radio version is 3.42.50 on my xv6800, and I think I ran npl240 or something like that to unlock my device. Thanks for any answers I m ay get
yup spl is good and radio is good. Just flash the rom.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (T7381 with 3G 850/2100)
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

Damager is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
This is happening even after you install your carrier cab??

You can also go to sounds and notification and deselect popup on data connection.

Mine was not doing this, but I will reflash to it tonite and look again.
Hi MattSM, reinstalled the carrier cab and still doing it, very strange. First time ive experienced this issue.

It says "prepare vision services", and then it says "data provisioning failure, error code 1012, could not prepare vision services" and then disconnects me. Couldnt see anything in "Connections" relating to vision services.

Got me stumped at the moment! Hope you can help here.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

abuttino is a n00b

anybody care to make a completely clean 23009 rom with a comm manager with the UC cooked in?

I don't know why a kitchen hasn't come out yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development