PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

allofthepeople is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

i used the extended rom but still do not see sprint nav, java, or music store.i read through were others havent found them either but then some said they found them in the extended rom but i never saw them there. i also tried looking for the .cab someone suggested that contained them as well on this thread but did not find it but i found a cab finally for windows live MESSENGER. i also tried to restore the sprint ahead startup animation by editing the splash screen part of the registry and replacing welcome.96.png with SPCS_startup.gif but it did not work just brought up a white screen during boot. help would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

wls.live.com from your phone to get Windows Live Search.

Java, search for JRebeiro Esmertec Jbed on here for best version. Sprint Nav, search for Sprint Navigation and you'll find the cab.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 03-25-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

allofthepeople is a n00b

i already have windows live, but you have to have a cab to install windows live messenger which i found finally. i need the other sprint programs now. ive even tried copying the extended rom from other roms and still no luck. i can not get sprintnav sprint java or music store
Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW (Sprint Touch Pro 2)

JakFrost is a n00b

I upgraded my PPC-6800 with the BuildOS using No2chem's 5054 and today I downloaded the new 5059 basekit. I noticed a ton of new options for OEM Packages, OEM Applications, and System Packages. Now all these new packages have me confused as to what do they actually do and more importantly if they are necessary for the proper operation of the phone. Some of these packages of course sound important but others ones have me scratching my head like LockStream DRM, do we need it or can we ignore it? Will it break WMP, etc.?

Can we please get a better description of the individual packages on the mouse over descriptions for all the packages?

Also as an improvement to BuildOS, how about a screenshot feature for all the .OEM packages so that we can see what the Dialers, Themes, Skins, and Applications look like?

It is a pain in the rear to search threads or build a ROM just to see what the dialer looks like when the link function in BuildOS takes us to non-existant threads.

PS: I also already made a donation today for all this work so how about it, I put my money where my mouth is and if these new features make it in I'll reward the work with another donation.

Last edited by JakFrost; 03-25-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
the basekit isn't dependent on any specific kitchen. it just happens to be buildos compatible.
That's true of all the compatible kitchens, and the oem modules as well. Nothing prevents you from moving content between any of the Bepe based building environments (and I don't know of any that aren't Bepe based). This has always been and will likely always be.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:04 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
i already have windows live, but you have to have a cab to install windows live messenger which i found finally. i need the other sprint programs now. ive even tried copying the extended rom from other roms and still no luck. i can not get sprintnav sprint java or music store
I found Sprint Nav and Esmertec no problem in the past... if you're not going to do a search, I'm certainly not going to do it for you.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakFrost View Post
I upgraded my PPC-6800 with the BuildOS using No2chem's 5054 and today I downloaded the new 5059 basekit. I noticed a ton of new options for OEM Packages, OEM Applications, and System Packages. Now all these new packages have me confused as to what do they actually do and more importantly if they are necessary for the proper operation of the phone. Some of these packages of course sound important but others ones have me scratching my head like LockStream DRM, do we need it or can we ignore it? Will it break WMP, etc.?

Can we please get a better description of the individual packages on the mouse over descriptions for all the packages?
5059 was put out in a hurry by popular demand, and not by ppckitchen.org - that's why it lacks some of the polish you see in the 5054, 3.35, and apache kitchens. When PPCkitchen.org puts it out it'll be more friendly.
Quote:
Also as an improvement to BuildOS, how about a screenshot feature for all the .OEM packages so that we can see what the Dialers, Themes, Skins, and Applications look like?
Check out the view menu and right click context menu. As people make screenshots availabe, we'll add them.
Quote:
It is a pain in the rear to search threads or build a ROM just to see what the dialer looks like when the link function in BuildOS takes us to non-existant threads.
Isn't that the truth. If you'll point out the non-existent links, we'll get them fixed/removed.

Also, please respond to this post in the official titan kitchen thread or e-mail, as most of this isn't related to no2chem's basekit.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

no2chem, I was wonderinng how to place a custom bootscreen into the .nbh file. I can't for the life of me get the basekit to work in the kitchen, and frankly, I don't have the time = I have a flight to catch and it would be much appreciated if you could tell me how to insert the .nb image file I generated using the image converter. There were a few links for doing this on the test ROM, but they point to programs that have been moved or don't work on the Titan.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Justin9825 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Justin9825

Help I tired searching but I can't figure out how to reflash a rom. I flashed the new 5059 and I"m stuck on the screen before it shows windows 6.1. I can't figure out what to do!?!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin9825 View Post
Help I tired searching but I can't figure out how to reflash a rom. I flashed the new 5059 and I"m stuck on the screen before it shows windows 6.1. I can't figure out what to do!?!
Put it back into bootloader and then reflash using the RUU.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development