View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
JakFrost
N00b

JakFrost is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

I upgraded my PPC-6800 with the BuildOS using No2chem's 5054 and today I downloaded the new 5059 basekit. I noticed a ton of new options for OEM Packages, OEM Applications, and System Packages. Now all these new packages have me confused as to what do they actually do and more importantly if they are necessary for the proper operation of the phone. Some of these packages of course sound important but others ones have me scratching my head like LockStream DRM, do we need it or can we ignore it? Will it break WMP, etc.?

Can we please get a better description of the individual packages on the mouse over descriptions for all the packages?

Also as an improvement to BuildOS, how about a screenshot feature for all the .OEM packages so that we can see what the Dialers, Themes, Skins, and Applications look like?

It is a pain in the rear to search threads or build a ROM just to see what the dialer looks like when the link function in BuildOS takes us to non-existant threads.

PS: I also already made a donation today for all this work so how about it, I put my money where my mouth is and if these new features make it in I'll reward the work with another donation.

Last edited by JakFrost; 03-25-2008 at 05:54 PM.