PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Justin9825 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Justin9825
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

I was trying to search for how to do that and I can't find it anywhere. How do u do that? Edit: I found it! thanks!

Last edited by Justin9825; 03-25-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

chocolatewhitegurl is a n00b

so there is an official release now?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Have you tried doing the remove battery trick posted on the first page of this thread?

If that doesn't work, you can always reflash.

Also, make sure you hard reset before flashing a new ROM (not sure if its crucial, but it should help)
Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW (Sprint Touch Pro 2)

JakFrost is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin9825 View Post
I flashed the new 5059 and I"m stuck on the screen before it shows windows 6.1.
I have the same problem with the 5059 release. I tried to flash it three times, with different settings installed in the kitchen, included all the OEM and SYS files, did the battery removal and hard reset (3 times), and every time it would get stuck after the second logo screen before it went into Windows. Gave up after 3 times.

I put the phone into bootloader mode, holding Power and Camera buttons, and resetting. Loaded back 5054 and am now struggling with this one to get it setup and ready for usage.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakFrost View Post
I have the same problem with the 5059 release. I tried to flash it three times, with different settings installed in the kitchen, included all the OEM and SYS files, did the battery removal and hard reset (3 times), and every time it would get stuck after the second logo screen before it went into Windows. Gave up after 3 times.

I put the phone into bootloader mode, holding Power and Camera buttons, and resetting. Loaded back 5054 and am now struggling with this one to get it setup and ready for usage.
Sometimes it can take a few minutes before it boots up. Try reflashing and then walking away from your phone! I am impatient and learn to let my device just do its thing...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Awesome-o

belvedere is becoming a great contributor

i'm not that familiar with kitchens, but is there anything that different than downloading the nbh file and using an empty RUU (like i have been doing)? from what i can tell it seems like i could do more of my own customizations....
Old 03-25-2008, 10:22 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvedere View Post
i'm not that familiar with kitchens, but is there anything that different than downloading the nbh file and using an empty RUU (like i have been doing)? from what i can tell it seems like i could do more of my own customizations....
If I understand the thought you are expressing / questioning ...

path a = install an 'empty' *.nbh file and then after the rom is installed use *.cab files to individually install all of your applications

path b = use the kitchen to build an *.nbh file which includes all of your applications (as OEM's available in the kitchen)

Obviously, either path is valid as long as it arrives at the destination you desire.

Differences ... in favor of using a kitchen method seems to be the amount of time it takes to manually add on applications via *.cab files ... that time is saved by building the applications into the rom, via the kitchen. Another advantage seems to be that there are more things available as add-ons to a kitchen than are lying around as installable / configurable *.cab files.

Differences ... against using a kitchen seem to be the fact that the established cookers (DCD, no2chem, NexVision, VetVito, etc.) are going to turn out reliable rom's. Tweaking a kitchen can be intimidating at first. I may sound very confidant, but as recent as yesterday I was in chat at ppckitchen.org with Colonel and I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't even formulate a reasonably intelligent question.

Last edited by boggsie; 03-25-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

Very well put Boggsie.

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Awesome-o

belvedere is becoming a great contributor

thanks for the reply boggsie. i didn't feel quite as hyped about the kitchen as some others, so i felt a little confused as to what i could possibly be missing. i'm very busy the next week or so with school, so maybe after then i can toil around and cook up my own kitchen.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW (Sprint Touch Pro 2)

JakFrost is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Sometimes it can take a few minutes before it boots up. Try reflashing and then walking away from your phone! I am impatient and learn to let my device just do its thing...
I flashed the phone with the official Sprint 3.35 release to check GPS functionality and it worked great, even inside the house I got a 6-8 satelite lock with GoogleMaps. Then I downloaded BuildOS and installed No2Chem's 5054 kitchen. Customized the selections and flashed the phone with the ROM.

It took a few minutes for it to get from the second logo to the Windows logo and then another few to ask for screen alignment. After that I played with the ROM for a few minutes and got the 5059 ROM. Flashed it and waited for it to start. I did a hard reset.

I left the phone alone for maybe 5-minutes and still nothing, stuck at the
second logo screen. Removed the battery, waited 10-seconds, started the phone and did a hard I thought it was a bad flash so I flashed it again and waited.

After that I thought that it was something that I either added or forgot to select in the Kitchen selection that was critical for the phone to start. I flashed it again after redoing all the selection making sure to include all the System and OEM Apps. Same thing.

Three tries and that's it. I rolled back to 5054.

I'll mess around with this 5054 since it is at least is Windows Mobile 6.1 instead of the 6.0 that I was using before. The new GPS functionality and the Kitechen options should keep me busy and happy until the next 5059+ release from No2Chem is rolled into the BuildOS kitchen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development