PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)
Carrier: Sprint

rgv_warrior is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvedere View Post
thanks for the reply boggsie. i didn't feel quite as hyped about the kitchen as some others, so i felt a little confused as to what i could possibly be missing. i'm very busy the next week or so with school, so maybe after then i can toil around and cook up my own kitchen.
Take your time and read what others have to say. That has been the best advice that I can give out. I built a new ROM tonight and semi-bricked my phone for awhile until I was able to boot from the card. If something like this happens, don't freak. Ask for help or read like mad. To me, the kitchen wields a lot of power for you but at the same time when the chefs build a ROM, they pretty much do most of the error checking. I consider myself a huge noobie when working with kitchens and I'm trying to pick up as much as I can from the senior members of the community.

Good luck.

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvedere View Post
thanks for the reply boggsie. i didn't feel quite as hyped about the kitchen as some others, so i felt a little confused as to what i could possibly be missing. i'm very busy the next week or so with school, so maybe after then i can toil around and cook up my own kitchen.
rgv_warrior hit the nail on the head; read, read, read

Not all, maybe even very little of it will (initially) make sense.

Oilpro 2.4 is about as good a friend you will have, from a utility perspective. I'm not even sure that it is considered a utility, but I do know that Power+Camera+Reset = happy, joyful, giddy laughter ... when you (I) thought that you (I) had bricked your (my) phone.

The point being: A little over a week ago, I ran into an issue and was convinced that I had bricked my 4-day old Mogul. My first impulse was to panic and post a "rescue me" message, but quite honestly, I didn't know enough about what had happened, to describe it in a post. So, I started to read the stickied threads regarding upgrading, etc. and before I knew it, I was reading a post that pretty-much described what I was observing from my phone. Later in that very thread, the solution was described. The solution was Power+Camera+Reset which allowed me to load a stock rom and get me back to a baseline.

I had no idea what Power+Camera+Reset actually did, but I did know that as soon as I did it, my computer could 'see' my mogul, which means I can load a working rom.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

forgive me i am new to this, however i have experience flashing my old 6700. i have several questions, but i have a verizon xv6800.
1. i am seeing that i need to update my radio and unlock my device? is this correct or only for sprint phones?
2. if so, how do i go about doing this?
3. once i am in the kitchen i am assuming that its basically the same as flashing the 6700... just cook ur rom and then flash?
4. all 6800 are gps enabled correct?
5. is there a certain build i need to use? like the 6700 i had to choose between bootloaders... anything like that?
sorry for the noob questions, ill start gettin things soon enough. thanks for the help all

Last edited by rhannahs19; 03-25-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhannahs19 View Post
a few things:
has anybody written a tutorial for this?
if now, how do i determine my build?
thanks.. i didnt really want to look through 362 pages
Tutorial for flashing: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667

READ. READ. REEEAAADDD if you are new to this. You should be fairly familiar with the phone before you even ATTEMPT to do anything like flashing to an unofficial ROM.

If you get stuck though, we can help. Trust us, its nearly impossible to brick the phone if you follow instructions.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

JudasD is a n00b

Weirdest thing happened tonight. I have been running 5059 since it came out. Been using GPS everyday. Just tonight my GPS will no longer acquire a GPS signal. Using VirtualGPSce i have 12 satellites in view and only 1 or 2 in the "use" category. But i never get a green light. Anyone else see this just start to happen out of nowhere?

JD
Old 03-26-2008, 01:16 AM
SDODOM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post

-See here for builds prior to 5051.
-See here for builds 5051 - 5058.

(5059) Update to build 19202.
I just loaded your ROM, It has the 5058 - 19199, not the 5059 19202. Is there something that I missed?

Also,is TeleNav still available? Or,do I need to download that from somewhere else (It comes unlimited w/my data plan, & I like that application)?

Last edited by SDODOM; 03-26-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDODOM View Post
Also,is TeleNav still available? Or,do I need to download that from somewhere else (It comes unlimited w/my data plan, & I like that application)?
The TeleNav cab is posted in the software forum.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

how do i tell which code i need? thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800

mbartels is just getting started

I just cooked a rom using the official and 5059 and love it. Great work No2Chem!

Two questions (issues)

1. UC doesn't seem to work for me. I'm having the same issue I did when I tried to use one of DCD's rom's. The rom boots up just fine but never actually runs anything off the SDconfig file on the storage card. I've had the file look and and the syntax looks perfect. When I manually run the SDautorun from the windows folder it runs and installs everything perfectly. Any idea where I can check to see whey SDautorun isn't running automatically when I flash/hard reset? I did check the appropriate boxes (two of them I believe) for UC and/or autorun when I cooked the rom.

2. Is there any settings I can change to have the extended_rom hidden upon flashing?

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasD View Post
Weirdest thing happened tonight. I have been running 5059 since it came out. Been using GPS everyday. Just tonight my GPS will no longer acquire a GPS signal. Using VirtualGPSce i have 12 satellites in view and only 1 or 2 in the "use" category. But i never get a green light. Anyone else see this just start to happen out of nowhere?

JD
All the time, yep. Soft-reset and like magic you will get a lock. Happens on the OEM rom, anyway.

Things that make it better for me are
* put GPS in standalone mode (search here for the registry settings)
and
* disable the gps service (via your favorite service editor... I use dotfred's)

My guess is with the thing in agps mode, if the gps service crashes (which can happen) then hey presto no lock. It's just a guess. On the stock OEM rom the service crashes if you look at it funny, it might be more stable in 6.1 w/better memory management....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development