PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

JudasD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
All the time, yep. Soft-reset and like magic you will get a lock. Happens on the OEM rom, anyway.

Things that make it better for me are
* put GPS in standalone mode (search here for the registry settings)
and
* disable the gps service (via your favorite service editor... I use dotfred's)

My guess is with the thing in agps mode, if the gps service crashes (which can happen) then hey presto no lock. It's just a guess. On the stock OEM rom the service crashes if you look at it funny, it might be more stable in 6.1 w/better memory management....
I tried both soft and hard resetting. nothing. I will try the standalone mode trick you posted above and see what happens. How does disabling the gps service help? Wont it quit working then?

JD
Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jamesjay is a n00b

My clock keeps on reseting two hours back on every soft reset, also how can I remove the date from the top bar?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms
Carrier: Sprint

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor

For the clock are you using the "visiting" settings or the home setting?? as for the date in the title bar, edit registry (if not familiar how to, please search) go to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell and look for the entry TBObt and change that from 3 to 1 (wait a few minutes after making the change before you soft reset to give the changes time to take effect)
Old 03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jamesjay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaknfused View Post
For the clock are you using the "visiting" settings or the home setting?? as for the date in the title bar, edit registry (if not familiar how to, please search) go to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell and look for the entry TBObt and change that from 3 to 1 (wait a few minutes after making the change before you soft reset to give the changes time to take effect)
Clock is set to Home, I just noticed that the time is correct right after a soft reset and then it changes after a few seconds...

Last edited by jamesjay; 03-26-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

othersteve is just getting started

A couple of quick questions...

1) Is there an easy way to keep all my contacts/appointments/tasks etc that I have on my phone now (using stock 3.35 ROM), flash to this ROM, and then reload everything?

2) I have purchased and installed probably a dozen applications, most of which are SPB products, plus Memmaid, and the Resco Utility Package. Will there be any problems reinstalling these once I am finished flashing?

3) Does it REALLY make that big of a difference in terms of performance and memory (3.35 stock vs. no2chem's ROM)?

Thanks to all for the help. I still doubt I will do this because it just seems far too intimidating, even for a computer geek like myself.

Steve
Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjay View Post
My clock keeps on reseting two hours back on every soft reset, also how can I remove the date from the top bar?
Download Schap's Advanced Config tool (a sticky in the Dev & Hacking forum over on XDA). There are many settings you can change for the clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersteve View Post
A couple of quick questions...

1) Is there an easy way to keep all my contacts/appointments/tasks etc that I have on my phone now (using stock 3.35 ROM), flash to this ROM, and then reload everything?
DotFred's PPC Pim Backup (a sticky in the Dev & Hacking forum over on XDA).

Quote:
2) I have purchased and installed probably a dozen applications, most of which are SPB products, plus Memmaid, and the Resco Utility Package. Will there be any problems reinstalling these once I am finished flashing?
No. You just need to re-enter the serial numbers for each.

Quote:
3) Does it REALLY make that big of a difference in terms of performance and memory (3.35 stock vs. no2chem's ROM)?
I have found no2chem's ROM to be much better than the stock once I load all of my programs.

Quote:
Thanks to all for the help. I still doubt I will do this because it just seems far too intimidating, even for a computer geek like myself.

Steve
Don't be imtimidated. If you follow the Upgrade stickies then you should have no problems. Be sure to read a ton and search for any questions you have.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Lurker

jdbkrb is a n00b

I am currently running the Sprint official released 3.35 Rom. Is it still neccessary to download the radio and rom for this custom rom? Also I was not able to install the Sprint Rom with Vista and WMDC, was anyone successful flashing to No2Chem's rom via vista and WMDC.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbkrb View Post
I am currently running the Sprint official released 3.35 Rom. Is it still neccessary to download the radio and rom for this custom rom? Also I was not able to install the Sprint Rom with Vista and WMDC, was anyone successful flashing to No2Chem's rom via vista and WMDC.

Thanks
Having the 3.35 ROM installed before is ok.

As for Vista, I think there is a thread that deals with flashing ROMs.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjay View Post
Did you make sure you have the correct time zone selected? Also, make sure you have the correct time and time zone selected on the PC. Active Sync will set the time and time zone on your PPC to match the PC.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

allofthepeople is a n00b

ive searched the forum for the stock dialer because i hate not having smart dial, i see where people have pointed others to past no2 and other dialers but i'm happy with the stock dialer. can someone help point me to a .cab? thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development