PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Re: Device unresponsive to soft reset with stylus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Ugh that sounds strange. Have you tried a hard reset? If not, reflash [are you using 5059?]
It doesn't happen every time the device goes to sleep. I installed 5059 yesterday afternoon and immediately hard reset. Played for a while, and then hard reset to use SDconfig.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-25-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/Titan 6800

alraune is just getting started
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

OK.. got a question about the dialer. When you have the stock rom installed and you dial an number.. Like 440.915.5555 it will tell you what state that phone number comes from. This doesnt happen in No2Chem Rom is there a way to add this feature back into the dialer?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Good suggestion...no dice though
bummer. Sorry it didn't work.

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TraderStav is a n00b

I just received a brand new Mogul and flashed the latest No2Chem nueROM and only installed the WMWifiRouter .91. My windows XP laptop connects just fine and sometimes for several hours have a good connection. Then randomly the Mogul freezes and I have to do a soft reset.

Is this an issue with the Rom? Should I try another one? This phone is only going to be used as a broadband connection so the simplest, cleanest and most stable rom is what I need.

What else could be causing this?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Jim
N00b
Pocket PC: 5 6800s, 2 TPs

Jim is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderStav View Post
I just received a brand new Mogul and flashed the latest No2Chem nueROM and only installed the WMWifiRouter .91. My windows XP laptop connects just fine and sometimes for several hours have a good connection. Then randomly the Mogul freezes and I have to do a soft reset.

Is this an issue with the Rom? Should I try another one? This phone is only going to be used as a broadband connection so the simplest, cleanest and most stable rom is what I need.

Not Flaming or anything...but if tethering for primary internet becomes widespread...I fear Sprint will be "fixing" that problem so everyone that tethers because their hotel doesn't have broadband, or on vacation, or as a backup if their main ISP goes down...will no longer be able to do so without huge charges or a high monthly plan.

Again, not pointing fingers, but I hope you at least have a tethering plan if you are going to use the phone as your primary ISP.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/Titan

marky-b is a n00b

Alright, so i reflashed with build 5059, and i let it go through the installation, and the phone reset itself.

However, after it restarted, it now freezes on the 'HTC smart mobility' screen, after the rom and radio versions post, and disappear.

I've soft and hard reset with no luck

Any suggestions or fixes?
Thanks.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderStav View Post

I would THINK this is normal if you are tethering for long periods of time. The program uses ALOT of battery, and it is possible that your phone overheated. If that happens, I would make sure to let the phone cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Not Flaming or anything...but if tethering for primary internet becomes widespread...I fear Sprint will be "fixing" that problem so everyone that tethers because their hotel doesn't have broadband, or on vacation, or as a backup if their main ISP goes down...will no longer be able to do so without huge charges or a high monthly plan.

Again, not pointing fingers, but I hope you at least have a tethering plan if you are going to use the phone as your primary ISP.
Although I don't want Sprint to 'fix' the security hole, I don't think that we should turn down those who need help using WMWiFiRouter. And trust me, there aren't too many people exploiting the issue. There are very few people in this country that are smart enough to use google to find a solution to their problems. And there are even fewer people that have the patience and technical capacity to get it working.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM
SDODOM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've never flashed a custom ROM. I've been looking at yours and DCD's (and some others) since right before the last update from HTC for my Mogul. I have decided to give yours a try, but am not aware off all that I need to do. If possible, can I be directed to a step by step process for flashing your ROM on my Mogul? Also, is it you that I came across who stated that you can do a ROM w/requests for programs?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor

No2Chem,

Please, don't make using the official PPCgeeks kitchen a requirement to build future ROMs. It's nice that your basekit is compatible, but given the egos involved on that project and their insistence on using user-hostile "features" like the login requirement that does nothing and makes the kitchen impossible to use behind corporate proxies, I'd like be able to continue using the wonderful innovations you provide without being forced to use their product.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDODOM View Post
I've never flashed a custom ROM. I've been looking at yours and DCD's (and some others) since right before the last update from HTC for my Mogul. I have decided to give yours a try, but am not aware off all that I need to do. If possible, can I be directed to a step by step process for flashing your ROM on my Mogul? Also, is it you that I came across who stated that you can do a ROM w/requests for programs?
Read the stickies in the Upgrades forum, as they provide all of the information that you are looking for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development