PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)
Carrier: Sprint

rgv_warrior is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolivas27 View Post
The problem is the path in the cleanselections.txt file you uploaded change it to this and it will work.

ModuleDir=kitchens\PPCGeeks_OEM.rar:
After making this change, where do I place this file? I can't seem to find it in the buildos directory.

Edit: Do i make the change on the text file, repackage, and then place the entire RAR into the kitchen directory of BuildOS?

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.

Last edited by rgv_warrior; 03-24-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

sherv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeman View Post
Seems like you have a GSM dialer installed. It isnt actually sending data when its dormant, but the dialer doesn't like the Mogul.

Sherv are you getting the "Rom not for sale" logo again when it boots with this rom?

Hmm, good call on that, I did install the "EquinoXe Wizard reTOUCHed" dialer...I'll try removing it and seeing what gives.

Huh, I don't see the "ROM not for sale" logo anywhere...but my booting is inordinately long, I've clocked it at 2:23 from soft-reset initiated to start menu appearing (not necessarily when all Today apps have loaded).

Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Okay, clearly I'm doing something wrong. I first dropped the basekit, RAR and all, into the Kitchens folder and tried to run clearselections, but it couldn't find it any files. Then I unRARed it into a folder with the address in the error message and that worked... except it couldn't find a bunch of modules, including nearly all of the nueApps, as well as Office and a few other specific customizations. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong so far?

I got it working. I had to copy some information from the 5054 selections file into the new selections file to get it to work right. All is right with the world.

Last edited by TurboFool; 03-24-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I posted this in the announcement thread, but it may be more appropriate to post here, in this thread ...

May I ask for a little-bit of hand-holding? ... Please?

The new kitchen from PPC Geeks (wonderful, by the way) includes a kitchen and a project file to point to the kitchen. Is this an accurate understanding?

\Projects\Titan_No2Chem_5054_WM6.1 Selections.txt (points to)
\Kitchens\Titan_No2Chem_5054_WM6.1.rar

So, if this is correct, how would I go about using the new 5059 as a base to similarly build a custom ROM with the new kitchen?

Download *.msi file from ppckitchen.org
Allow it to run updates ... (as of right now, this gets me 5054 Kitchen)

then download 5059 and do what (precisely) with it?

Best regards,
-boggsie
I'm in the same boat Boggsie. I've installed, placed the 5059 basekit in the kitchen folder and loaded. Don't see anything happening. Still shows that I'm using 5054 base. I want to use the newest basekit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherv View Post
Hmm, good call on that, I did install the "EquinoXe Wizard reTOUCHed" dialer...I'll try removing it and seeing what gives.

Huh, I don't see the "ROM not for sale" logo anywhere...but my booting is inordinately long, I've clocked it at 2:23 from soft-reset initiated to start menu appearing (not necessarily when all Today apps have loaded).

The wizard dialer def did the arrow issue with me...

Damn ok.. when I boot on the HTC screen it says Test Only Not For Resale etc etc....
Old 03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgv_warrior View Post
I'm in the same boat Boggsie. I've installed, placed the 5059 basekit in the kitchen folder and loaded. Don't see anything happening. Still shows that I'm using 5054 base. I want to use the newest basekit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gguruusa was kind enough to respond in the stickied thread
More or less correct. You put the 5059.rar in kitchens, copy the 5054 selections.txt to 5059 selections.txt, edit 5059 selections.txt to refer to 5059.rar (it's obvious). Run buildos.

Future builds of BuildOS will provide a selections.txt for you as part of the kitchen .rar (if the kitchen .rar was assembled properly, it should have a selections.txt in it already).

Alternatively, most kitchens should be available via the Updater once they are determined "safe" for general use.
I gave this a try, but it's not explicit enough for me. That is in NO WAY intended as a criticizm ... I'm just not able to make it work, so I'm going to give it a day or so to observe what others report and maybe learn through observation ... if you know what I mean.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

got it. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Boggsie,

I got it to work. The only thing that failed was a module error on the wifirouter. Otherwise, it loaded just fine. Going to try to build my first custom one and see what happens. Wish me luck.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I pieced it together. Put the new basekit in the Kitchens folder, then copy to clearselections.txt file out of the RAR and into the Projects folder. Open it up and copy the missing elements from the old 5054 file into the new clearselections file and make sure you adjust the name of the location of the new baskit to match the new name and match the old scheme. Then open the clearselections file with the new Kitchen and you're set.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thanks again. I sort of did this. I opened up No2's selection and saved it under a new name. I then opened the new name.txt and edited the file to the location of the new basekit (5059). Once I opened it, it ran just fine with the exception of the wifirouter module. The reason I think that this happened was because No2 doesn't place the wifirouter as part of his selections automatically.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development