PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 12:18 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgv_warrior View Post
thanks again. I sort of did this. I opened up No2's selection and saved it under a new name. I then opened the new name.txt and edited the file to the location of the new basekit (5059). Once I opened it, it ran just fine with the exception of the wifirouter module. The reason I think that this happened was because No2 doesn't place the wifirouter as part of his selections automatically.
no2_5059base_fix.rar
--> nk.fat
--> boot.rgu
--> cleanselections.txt

nueROM v20 build 5059.rar
--> RUU_signed.nbh

So, you took cleanselections.txt, renamed it to projects\5059.txt (only important for identification inside of the kitchen) and then edited it to point to which of the two rar files, which is copied\moved to the kitchens\ directory?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
no2_5059base_fix.rar
--> nk.fat
--> boot.rgu
--> cleanselections.txt

nueROM v20 build 5059.rar
--> RUU_signed.nbh

So, you took cleanselections.txt, renamed it to projects\5059.txt (only important for identification inside of the kitchen) and then edited it to point to which of the two rar files, which is copied\moved to the kitchens\ directory?
you want to point it to no2_5059base_fix.

the other is just a finished rom that you can install on the phone without the kitchen...
Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Jim
N00b
Pocket PC: 5 6800s, 2 TPs

Jim is a n00b

Hey Guys...I am going to give a go to jamming 5059 into the kitchen...

a question for you all though:

how can I go about updating some of my programs with the latest versions? example: if I have a newer version of a program then what is in the kitchen, how do I overwrite the older version with the new?

If I extract the .rar, I can see the folders...but they are not .cab files, each folder looks like what the folder would look like the the Programs directory of file explorer. If everything was .cab files...I would extract the .rar, drop in the new .cabs and make into a .rar again.

What am I missing here? - probably something obvious no doubt.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

Sorry to stray off the basekit talk, but I think that 5059 runs pretty smooth so far... havent found any issues with the standalone RUU? Anyone else any input?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

n2c, i havent seen much mention of this lately so i was wondering has the gmail pop3/imap issue been resolved in the builds after 5050 yet? i see you still list it as a "known issue"... just wondering cause i took my gmail account off because of this and was wondering if i can put it back without issue yet?

"**Known issues:
GMAIL users are forced to use POP3 Email due to auto-detection (EDIT: Omegax posted a fix: type in gmail wrong and fix it later).
(5050+) = crashes imgfstools on nbmerge. You'll need to manually repair the partition table before using nbmerge.
(5050+) = PLEASE TAKE OUT YOUR BATTERY AND PUT IT BACK IN, THEN HARD RESET AFTER FLASHING. The new partition table requires a full reset."

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: (R.I.P. Sero)

r3plica is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to r3plica

Flashed with the 5059 basekit in the new kitchen last night and she flies.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So is remote desktop 6.1 gone for good from your builds?

Can someone please post a .cab file for Remote Desktop 6.1? All I have is the .cab for Remote Desktop 6.0

Thanks!
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100
Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3plica View Post
Flashed with the 5059 basekit in the new kitchen last night and she flies.
Would you mind very much writing exactly what you did to get the kitchen running with 5059. I still can't seem to get it to work right.

I've downloaded the kitchen from PPC Kitchen, installed and updated. I seem to be screwing up after this.

thanks,

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Would you mind very much writing exactly what you did to get the kitchen running with 5059. I still can't seem to get it to work right.

I've downloaded the kitchen from PPC Kitchen, installed and updated. I seem to be screwing up after this.

thanks,
I need help too! I hope its not too long before they release the update for it.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy

Quote:

thanks,
here is what i did.

download basekit 5059_fix.rar to kitchen dir. (I renamed it basekit 5059.rar)
coppied Titan_No2Chem_5054_WM6.1 Selections.txt and made a Titan_No2Chem_5059_WM6.1 Selections.txt file
edited that file so that the second line reads as follows
KitchenDir=Kitchens\basekit 5059.rar:; *note i renamed it to remove the _fix*
I then opened up the cleanselections.txt from the basekit 5059.rar and copied all the selections that no2chem uses: everything after SelectedMainSplashImage=320x320,6.1_welcomehead.96 .png
pasted all these into Titan_No2Chem_5059_WM6.1 Selections.txt and saved...

then fire up and select project Titan_No2Chem_5059_WM6.1 Selections.txt

hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development