PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I have an akward problem that I just noticed. I restored my contact list but it still appears blank when I click contact. Oddly enough, if someone calls I see their name and if I click history, I all my restored contacts who on there are correct.

I can't add to the existing hidden list. Is this a problem due to the fact that smart dialer isn't installed? Anyone know of a fix for this? I really need to restore my contacts.

I am using pim backup and the file isn't corrupt as it restores on 5049 perfectly.
The oddest thing happened. I finally sat down to fix the issue and notice that it fixed itself. No reset, no reload, nothing. Very odd but good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
really?!?!?!?...i've read a couple of posts saying they were having some sort of missing codec type error....if this is not a common bug, i'm flashing this tonight....anyone else wanna test for me?
I just tested it and I am getting the error "The source filter for this file could not be loaded." I'd say the majority have this issue and kaos probably have something installed that causes the video to function correctly.

Last edited by esqueue; 03-17-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mcmichak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else having problems reading and writing to the storage card after flashing to 5055? I had a ton of pics on there that are now gone also. I can only create and modify folders and files in the main root directory (/storage card). If I put the storage card in my card reader it almost looks like there are other folders and files there but they might be encrypted which wouldnt make much sense either because I never encrypted the storage card. What makes this even more strange is that I know the photos were still there after I flashed to the new ROM but now they're gone. Ideas?

Last edited by mcmichak; 03-17-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I just tested it and I am getting the error "The source filter for this file could not be loaded." I'd say the majority have this issue and kaos probably have something installed that causes the video to function correctly.
damn.....kaos got my hopes up and you just shattered them...
Old 03-17-2008, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i really have nothing special installed...just like htc camera album...it played on wmplayer for me....recorded a 30 second clip played back fine...

i can take screen shots of all my appz...

edit i also have flashplayer 7 installed maybe why...not sure though

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Last edited by kaos; 03-17-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

bsod169 is a n00b

The weirdest thing happened just a few moments ago, I was sending a text message to a friend of mine then all of a sudden I was spammed messages asking "whos this." I only texted back one person and basically my original text to my friend got sent to all these random people.

So my question is which I really doubt but did the rom have anything to do with it? I'm using the 5055 with the newest radio. My second guess is because its damn windy here in South Texas tonight something must of happened that my text message got crossed to random people?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsod169 View Post
The weirdest thing happened just a few moments ago, I was sending a text message to a friend of mine then all of a sudden I was spammed messages asking "whos this." I only texted back one person and basically my original text to my friend got sent to all these random people.

So my question is which I really doubt but did the rom have anything to do with it? I'm using the 5055 with the newest radio. My second guess is because its damn windy here in South Texas tonight something must of happened that my text message got crossed to random people?
That might have been a problem with one of the old roms. About 3 weeks ago on an older rom version of 3.17, my phoned kept spamming my friend with the same text message for about a week. I finally did a hard reset and it flashed to a newer version. My phone must of sent the same message about 15 times through out the week.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mcmichak is a n00b

resending messages is a known issue with most threaded sms's that i have tried... havent tried the stock 6.1 though... something about closing the program while the message is still in the outbox
Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jude_b23 is keeping up the good workjude_b23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgv_warrior View Post
I just noticed that I can't play MP4 movie files from Windows Media 10 for PPC. I was able to do so in previous ROM's.

The error that shows up in the log is: The source filter for this file could not be loaded.

Can't figure out how to gix this. Any ideas?

Edit to add: Forgot to mention I'm running 5055. Love this one. It's fast and very stable so far.

Thanks No2Chem!!!!!!

RW
has anyone figured out how to fix this issue?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:06 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude_b23 View Post
has anyone figured out how to fix this issue?

Would be nice, I took a video for somebody today and was about to email it to them, but with this problem you cant even send the videos. Kind of a pain. Maybe a prob with neuMMS? doubt it but worth looking into.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Would be nice, I took a video for somebody today and was about to email it to them, but with this problem you cant even send the videos. Kind of a pain. Maybe a prob with neuMMS? doubt it but worth looking into.
try installng flash player 7.....like i said i can play videos i record with no issues on 55.....the only things that could affect it would be the flashplayer....can't think of anything else that would allow it...but it works on mine fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development