PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Anyone get an 8gig SDHC card to work? I just got an SDHC 8 Gig SANDISK... It will only read two gigs... I did some research and saw that i have to get the SDHC fix which is cool but If I have to hard reset all my backups are on the SD card wont it then become unreadable?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor

Hard reset will not wipe the data on your sd card. I would however back up the files from your sd card before you proceed any further. Save the files, then try that sdhc fix you are referring to
Old 03-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeman View Post
Anyone get an 8gig SDHC card to work? I just got an SDHC 8 Gig SANDISK... It will only read two gigs... I did some research and saw that i have to get the SDHC fix which is cool but If I have to hard reset all my backups are on the SD card wont it then become unreadable?
i don't have an sdhc card, so i haven't tried one yet... i would be interested in knowing if sdhc has problems though.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
i don't have an sdhc card, so i haven't tried one yet... i would be interested in knowing if sdhc has problems though.
No2,

Got it to work.. used this tool attached via computer. Formatted it then put it in mogul and viola. Looks like the cause for some issues is the way the stock card comes partitioned. I just did a full reformat on the SDHC card (took about 7 mins) and worked great! So 5059 is SDHC compliant.

Hope that helps anyone else.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SP27608.zip (1.77 MB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b
Arrow Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
Granted, I am still on 5055, but my 4gig SDHC card works fine
Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

now that 5059 has been out for a while, has anyone noticed any differences in the new build of windows mobile? i'm running 5058, but i kinda have the itch.....

i kinda want to try the kitchen, but its not for me....i used dcd's, but i found myself only using the preselected configuration anyway....i've honed my flash & recovery procedures flashing just about everything n2c and dcd have put out since i got my mogul in december....

AutoRun(the one that allows you so specify a folder full of CABs) has been very reliable, i can't say the same for UC....something about installing CABs from the SD card is a little fishy....wierd things happen, partial installs, bad permissions, etc....so i after a flash i copy a folder full of CABs to memory and let AutoRun do it's thing...

Q for kitchen users(veterans):
if you cook an app into the kitchen, lets say it is s2u2 0.99p....when s2u2 v1.0 drops, can you install it over your cooked in 0.99? I know, one thing for sure, you can't uninstall things cooked in....so i'm guessing you can't install over them either.....

Q for no2chem:
i remember reading somewhere here in this massive thread that at some point going forward, you would only be releasing basekits, and hinted at the kitchen....well, since the kitchen is here, has that time come???

thanks all,
yerp

EDIT: just to chime in on the ^^posts^^.....i have never once had an issue with the SD card not reading...and all 8gigs have always been visible....

Last edited by yerp; 03-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
i hate to keep asking questions but i have asked this before but no one answered me. i was wondering if you have found a way to restore startup animation in the hacked roms. i know it was very easy to replace them in stock. i tried going into the registry and replacing the welcomehead.96.png with a gif but it causes it to just boot up to a white screen? i really miss the sprint ahead animation.
thanks
Use the kitchen. That's what I'm doing and I can choose whatever prepackaged startup screens that are in it. No more chef. HTC and Sprint screens.

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

babair is a n00b

i was happy with no2chems 5058 but my phone was buggy now i have a new mogul fresh out of the box not refurbed so it runs great for now im sure ill start banging my head again in a week due to no real abilites... but im happy with stable 23 mb availible and no lockups.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

No problems with SDHC here n2c. i've been using 8gb for a few months.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Firon is just getting started

5059 works fine with my 6GB microsdhc.

I had 21MB free on first boot, but oh well. It's better than before, was on 2048 before this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development