PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detwilers is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Yes: I have not been able to use PCMKeyboard on 5059 or 5060 either.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Does it not install? or does it install, but revert to the default keyboard when selected?

If it's the second one, then you might want to take a look at SIP Change, a program that automatically selects a desired SIP upon boot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=271008

It works great for me using the HTC Intellipad SIP.
The issue I was having was as follows....

With 5060, Pocket CM keyboard installed properly in main memory, but when selected as the keyboard the standard windows mobile keyboard was displayed. After reading the forum at Pocket CM, I read three threads that mentioed different methods to fix the problem.

http://pocketcm.com/phorum/read.php?19,1074

After trying the methods listed, I have had Pocket CM working fine with 5060. So the problem is not with no2chems rom, it is with PCM keyboard. I started having issues with PCM quite a few revisions back.

Once again here is the method that worked for me.....

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another solution:
> deactivate all Today-Screen elements, tap
> keyboard, tap the triangle and select "PCM
> Keyboard" - it would work. after that, reactivate
> your favorite Today-Screen elements, the PCM
> Keyboard should be still active.
> good luck

Even if you don't use SPB products, give it a try before complaining to no2chem about his rom as I think the problem is really with PCM and not the 5060 or any other ROM. Just my 2 cents...

BTW thanks no2chem for all the hard work put into your rom. The only other ROM that ever came close in terms of speed, was Sampsons WM5 rom, but it lacked sdhc support, GPS, Rev A and a whole bunch of features that I cannot live without. Keep up the superb work.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've got a question about this ROM. I'm all for a speed upgrade to my phone, but the current ROM i have from that phonenews page enables the GPS on it. If i upgrade to this ROM, will the GPS on my 6800 still function? i recognize some of the components like the Hard SPL unlocker and radio flashes. thanks in advance!
-Nick
Old 04-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

yea the gps still works

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 04-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jpfischer is a n00b

I am wanting the nueROM with all of the features of the latest Sprint release with WM 6.1, is this possible. I have tried dl the stock rom but does not have telenav and other prgm etc, the kitchens dont have voicemail, sprint pcs (like on the today screen photo posted at the start of this thread). Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Sc0rpiomtl is a n00b

I have tried the no chem rom 2.0 and it worked for most of the features but not the internet connection. I was getting a can't connect for unknown reasons. I am with Bell Mobility in canada, and am actually working for them, after the update I was not even hitting the AAA on the network no more ( one of the perks of working there I get access to that system) what I did notice is that in the EPST under M.IP profiles no chem's rom had additional fields that the stock rom did not, and most of the new fields were populated with gibberish info, I have attempted to switch the prone out of MOBILE IP and into SIMPLE IP but that still did not fix the issue. any help would be appreciated. So far the only 6.1 that i have been able to run somewhat ok has been DCD 2.x version, the main problem with that is that the device would freeze in calls quite often, so for now have reverted to the stock rom. BTW here's a link for the newest update yet to be launched for bell users and this device to fix some BT related issues as well a freezing during calls http://download.yousendit.com/807BE9D668CE6AC9 but still no official REV A or GPS
Old 04-17-2008, 10:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

JudasD is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasD View Post
I see one issue with the new roms that wasn't on the previous roms. The issue has to do with BT while the included headphones and power are plugged in(11pin USB). When you make a phone call the sound goes through the 11pin rather than the BT. If you unplug the 11pin USB then the sound now goes through BT. With the previous roms, based on 3.16, it would work through bluetooth while the 11pin USB is connected. Now it appears that with this new radio requires the 11pin USB to be unplugged before the BT has sound. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
JD
No one else has seen this? I can't be the only weirdo that uses the phone in this way.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

(BTW Currently running Sprint Mogul with no2chem 5060)

A little off topic perhaps, but I am interested in everyones opinion on this. I pulled out my never used (i.e. replacement PPC6700) from a while back and flashed it with the Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) ROM from the Apache forums. It comes with quite a lot of junk preinstalled.... HTC home, games, deepfish (not sure why), dict editor, ext rom unlock, esmertec java, windows live, etc etc,..... Does AD2P, EVDO (no rev a) and no GPS......

Despite all that is installed the program memory is sitting at 27 Megs and is bloody stable. No memory loss (leak ??), Memory comes right back up to 27 Megs after programs are closed. the interface is smooth, fast and responsive despite running WM6.

So what is the issue with the memory management on the Mogul ? After following these forums I was left with the impression that WM6 is the culprit. Now I am not so sure. If the ancient PPC6700 (Apache) can manage WM6 with no problems and no memory loss, then why not the Mogul. Another noticable improvement on the PPC6700 is the dialing speed. It remains fast despite installation of a big button dialer and use of the keypress sounds. I alway have to turn off sounds on the Moguls keypad to speed up the responsiveness of the keypad when dialing.

With 5060 installed and the same configuration I used on the PPC6700, I am booting into 15 Megs after a soft reset and then gradual memory issues till I end up with 5-6 megs in a day or so, requiring a soft reset to gain memory back.

No2chem are there major differences with the driver sizes for the PPC6700 and Mogul ? I noticed the "no2chem_Apache_Sprint_WM6_1_Test.rar" file that you had uploaded. I have not installed it on my 6700 yet, but am curious as to what you think the reason for the poor memory on the Mogul is ?

Any thoughts ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ppc6700 wm6.jpg (17.6 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nmhusa; 04-17-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

nobodyever is a n00b

Same reason XP machines run faster with 1gb memory than new machines with Vista running 3gb?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Cool Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyever View Post
Same reason XP machines run faster with 1gb memory than new machines with Vista running 3gb?
I think the analogy would be a 2 year old XP machine that has the software upgraded to Vista runs faster than a new machine with Vista preinstalled.

I have upgraded the PPC6700 to WM6 (i.e. Vista in your analogy) and it runs faster with no memory leaks, with more memory to spare that my Mogul with WM6. So the issue is not WM6, but the hardware that it is run on or more likely specific drivers for the Mogul that are not needed or used on the PPC6700.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development