PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

rwspark is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmancl View Post
there are many posts saying its working and a couple of ideas on what to do to make it work but no actual steps. so here is what I did:

!!!!before you start backup your data or move it off the phones memory (storage card will not be effected). also record your A-key if you have it. go to dialer and type ##778 dial. choose view, goto view info on bottom left, then choose a-key. Mine was blank but certain areas have one programmed in. and thats it.

1. Download a) New unlocker b) 3.27 radio c)dcd 2.0 beta (verizon) all downloads referenced in dcd's first post in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362566

2. Run and install unlocker... i used the .bat file...follow instructions exactly
Note: other than unlocking the phone it does not erase anything or make you lose any settings.

3.Run and install Radio rom... just run the "romupdateutility.exe" that is in the down load.

after installing the radio your phone resets and will not boot past verizon screen, this is NORMAL

4. restart phone into boot loader by holding down the Power and Camera buttons, then, reset the phone with the button on the bottom. this will bring you to the tri color screen

5. Run and install the dcd 2.0 beta rom. Even though the instructions say to make sure you activesync first don't worry about this. It will install and restart your phone.

6. program your phone by doing *228 and choosing option 1. after this you will be able to get online but may not be able to make phone calls. Again don't worry this is Normal.

7. this is where things may be different. When i tried to make an out bound phone call i got a verizon message that my phone could not be authinticated. Previous posts indicated that i would need to call to get my A-key. I called verizon and all they had to do was refresh the authintication in their system and it began to work properly. In your area you may need the A-key. set the a key the same way you viewed it earlier but choose edit instead of view. the password is 000000
My stock rom didn't have the AKEY and it works just fine. I upgraded to the 2.0 beta (verizon) rom and it still had the correct MDN and MSID. But when I dial *228 it says that feature code is not available on the network.

Any ideas?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Beyond Mobile

rmancl is a n00b
Question using gps on laptop

Now that we have gps working on the phone, is there a way to use it on a tethered laptop? I would love to be able go on a road trip with a 15" gps map.
XV6700
XV6600
Old 01-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Beyond Mobile

rmancl is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwspark View Post
My stock rom didn't have the AKEY and it works just fine. I upgraded to the 2.0 beta (verizon) rom and it still had the correct MDN and MSID. But when I dial *228 it says that feature code is not available on the network.

Any ideas?
that is weird, *228 is verizon over the air programing number. Are you in a good verizon area or is it possible you are roaming? I know sometimes when i travel i am unable to use *228 option 2 because (roaming update) i can't connect to a verizon tower.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (6800)

Manson2k is a n00b
Wink got it

Quote:
I just tried it on my verizon phone and my email sent immediately with my exchange server and i am receiveing mail with no issue, took seconds both ways. Did you check the box to "Send/receive when I click Send. Also might want to set schedule to As Items arrive.
I figured it out (and yeah, it was pretty stupid.) I forgot to actually put my email address in at the very end of setting up the account.

Okay, now that this little "glitch" is fixed (and my Vista computer is syncing with the phone again), I think everything is up and running. Now if only we could get those ATI drivers...
Old 01-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
What is the name of the x-button / task manager in this rom?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
HTC Task Manager, I'm not sure which version number.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

rwspark is a n00b
Quote:
that is weird, *228 is verizon over the air programing number. Are you in a good verizon area or is it possible you are roaming? I know sometimes when i travel i am unable to use *228 option 2 because (roaming update) i can't connect to a verizon tower.
I was thinking the same thing. I'll have to flash it again and try it in another area.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

eyecannon is a n00b
It really can take a long time before kicking in the first time. Seriously go for a walk outside for 30 minutes.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick
Go into the phone settings and change it from 911 only to location on.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Pro

afbond03 is becoming a great contributor
Does anybody know how I can provision my Sprint phone will roaming on Verizon towers?
I am thinking I am screwed for the next 3 days until I can get back on a Sprint tower..but maybe someone knows a trick?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development