Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 AM
rwspark
PPCGeeks Regular

rwspark is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmancl View Post
there are many posts saying its working and a couple of ideas on what to do to make it work but no actual steps. so here is what I did:

!!!!before you start backup your data or move it off the phones memory (storage card will not be effected). also record your A-key if you have it. go to dialer and type ##778 dial. choose view, goto view info on bottom left, then choose a-key. Mine was blank but certain areas have one programmed in. and thats it.

1. Download a) New unlocker b) 3.27 radio c)dcd 2.0 beta (verizon) all downloads referenced in dcd's first post in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362566

2. Run and install unlocker... i used the .bat file...follow instructions exactly
Note: other than unlocking the phone it does not erase anything or make you lose any settings.

3.Run and install Radio rom... just run the "romupdateutility.exe" that is in the down load.

after installing the radio your phone resets and will not boot past verizon screen, this is NORMAL

4. restart phone into boot loader by holding down the Power and Camera buttons, then, reset the phone with the button on the bottom. this will bring you to the tri color screen

5. Run and install the dcd 2.0 beta rom. Even though the instructions say to make sure you activesync first don't worry about this. It will install and restart your phone.

6. program your phone by doing *228 and choosing option 1. after this you will be able to get online but may not be able to make phone calls. Again don't worry this is Normal.

7. this is where things may be different. When i tried to make an out bound phone call i got a verizon message that my phone could not be authinticated. Previous posts indicated that i would need to call to get my A-key. I called verizon and all they had to do was refresh the authintication in their system and it began to work properly. In your area you may need the A-key. set the a key the same way you viewed it earlier but choose edit instead of view. the password is 000000
My stock rom didn't have the AKEY and it works just fine. I upgraded to the 2.0 beta (verizon) rom and it still had the correct MDN and MSID. But when I dial *228 it says that feature code is not available on the network.

Any ideas?