PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsit View Post
Obviously the new features (Rev A and GPS) are the focal point for many of us. However, there are also some stability and useability issues that are outstanding even in the 2.17 ROM.

My biggest complaint has been the slow memory leak that eventually forces me to reboot every couple days. Also, bluetooth is touchy... voice command confirmation doesn't even work.

Has anyone noticed a difference in these areas with this ROM? KMartBurrito, since you have been running it the longest, can you comment on these points?

Thanks.

I too thought there was quite a leak until I remembered that I needed to remove the HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk and sddaemon.lnk from my Windows--Startup Directory. This was a cause of a leak a long time ago, and I almost forgot to remove it. It will be a couple more days before we all know for sure that that fixed it. I've been around 20MB all day though FWIW

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard
IT WORKS!!!!

Went outside and loaded Google maps, after finding me, I switched to Sat view and it put me within about 10 feet of where I was actually standing. I walked out to the street and the little dot moved with me.
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
ill go stand outside for a few. will report backlater, im getting off of work now...shit..what a day!
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Kenkudaki is a n00b
I see a couple of others have asked this, but I haven't seen a response: Will this work with the Verizon XV6800? I've got my finger on the button...
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Cricket

naturecannon is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter View Post
Started out with Sprints 2.17 stock ROM .
USB cable connected to phone and recognized in activesync.
Launch the new ROM exe file.
Verifies connectivity with the phone and existing version, 2.17.
Starts to install...
Multi-color screen comes up on the phone...
Then changes to the grey progress bar...
Works its way to 11%...
Phone goes back to multi-colored screen...
Computer stays on 11%.

Finally after about 60 seconds, computer comes back with ERROR 290: INVALID COMMAND, and my only options are to start the recovery.

I go through the recovery...
And the same loop starts again as described above. I have allowed this about 7 times.

I have used the titan_exitbl.exe and the phone boots back into the 2.17 ROM.

Any ideas?
Same problem and confiq as above-tried 15 times now. Used exit bootloader and tried another 10 times and NOTHING past 11% always error 290 invalid command.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
its built for the mogul, installing it will probably brick ur shid.. Id let the hackers figure it out for VZ. It shouldt be long before they do
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
No WM 6.1 :{ perhaps that rumor is false...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16297

Last edited by Alpine-; 01-25-2008 at 06:31 PM.
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nonstop is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho View Post
do u have the sprint junkware installed
Yes I do...
Old 01-25-2008, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabij View Post
Help! My phone is stuck in the bootloader screen. I keep getting the error "your device is not upgradeable" on the PC. I have the last 2.17 rom from HTC. I've never used a custom rom. How do I revert or do I have a brick
Get the Titan_exitbl app from the "Stuck at bootloader? Read this!" thread here on ppcgeeks. Make sure you are hooked up through USB and run the executable. It should fix your inability to exit bootloader. It will then either bring you back to the bootloader screen for you to try the rom again, OR it will boot you into your last loaded rom (2.17) where you can try again.

I sincerely doubt you bricked your phone...That's REALLY hard to do.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
its built for the mogul, installing it will probably brick ur shid.. Id let the hackers figure it out for VZ. It shouldt be long before they do
I wouldn't imagine it bricking your vz at all; its the same hardware - sprint users have been using alltel/telus stuff for a while now...

note: looks like the spc has some gps related stuff... my guess that spc is actually a spl - too busy at the moment to look, but - will putting hard_spl back on keep you from using gps??? if so, we'll need to hack it again.. cokeman?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development