PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
Alright, happened again..... You are correct in the fact that Google Maps will not load anything either. Its almost like my data connection gets blocked. The wierd thing is that my exchange server connection through activesync is still connected and receiving email.

Any ideas on what may cause this, or possible solutions to fix this?

Question #2:

Anyone else seeing a severe memory leak. I just soft reset about 2 hours ago to fix the above problem. I am now down to 7M of memory with everything closed and "Hibernate" pushed in Quick Menu. Software installed:

Quick Menu
Voicecommand 1.6
HTC Home
Google Maps
codyppc performance booster
Live Search

Thanks for the help!

Any suggestions out there?
So based on a few responses the memory leak I am seeing must be in one or a few of the programs I installed.

Anyone using Voicecommand seeing a memory problem?

Phil
Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude9039u View Post
Ok here is where i think I went wrong. I installed 3.16 and could not get GPS to work in Window or Google so with that I reinstalled what I was using which was JD'd 12.29. What I first noticed was that the boot boot up screen said it was still 2.16 and then I was frozen. Hope this was some useful info.
I'm a noob so please don't get pissed...
also I've skimmed and not read this immense Post !
But I have noticed that folks have been saying that they need to get out of the house to get the GPS to work...I'm just curious..did you panic when GPS didnt work and just try to go back to where you were B4 without taking a calming drive with your Mogul to see if GPS kicked in with Google Maps , maybe toggle a few GPS settings while out on the road....Just Askin ??
this post is already HUGE my little question shouldn't hurt too much
Old 01-26-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Pro

afbond03 is becoming a great contributor
So this is just a basic question about your phone and vision updating. I am currently in a roaming area. Before comming into this area..the phone was working fine. I now cannot call out or get an internet connection. I tried the reset the password trick to update my vision profile..that did not work. So..while I am roaming am I pretty much screwed on getting any of my information to update? Or should I call Sprint...ugh...and see if they can get it to update..even though I am in a Verizon roaming area.
Thanks
Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

acizurqpid is a n00b
can someone help me out with this...everytime I run google maps, it stays suck on seeking satelites saying 0. im outside in nyc so its not that im inside, did you guys have to change some settings in external gps or settings in google maps?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by acizurqpid View Post
can someone help me out with this...everytime I run google maps, it stays suck on seeking satelites saying 0. im outside in nyc so its not that im inside, did you guys have to change some settings in external gps or settings in google maps?
Its been stated a few times. You need to set the GPS to COM4.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianProgrammer View Post
I'm a noob so please don't get pissed...
also I've skimmed and not read this immense Post !
But I have noticed that folks have been saying that they need to get out of the house to get the GPS to work...I'm just curious..did you panic when GPS didnt work and just try to go back to where you were B4 without taking a calming drive with your Mogul to see if GPS kicked in with Google Maps , maybe toggle a few GPS settings while out on the road....Just Askin ??
this post is already HUGE my little question shouldn't hurt too much
That may just be true. I couldn't get gps yesterday at all. I got to work and still nothing. I returned home and someone said that after driving with it searching for satalites it worked so I did it. It now detects everywhere I try it.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Try driving a few blocks while it searches. That is what helped me connect for the first time.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

acizurqpid is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
Its been stated a few times. You need to set the GPS to COM4.
do i set my external gps setting to com4 or google setting to com4 or auto, soory i'm a noob, step by step directions would be great
Old 01-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Lurker

mrfuzzie23 is becoming a great contributor
im having the same exact problem...checked everything, 3 different locations...waited forever, tried lots of programs...all the com ports are right...im hoping its not working cuz its cloudy and kinda rainy outside...but i have a feeling once that goes away it still wont work...

the EVDO is fast as hell now tho!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
do i set my external gps setting to com4 or google setting to com4 or auto, soory i'm a noob, step by step directions would be great
Don't do anything with the GPS settings in control panel. In Google Maps I have mine on the "set by windows" option. On Windows Live I had to change the GPS to "GPS COM4". Windows live does much better with the GPS IMHO.

If you changed the settings in the control panel "external GPS", here are the defaults. Under "programs" it is set to "COM4". Under "hardware" the port is set to "none" and the "baud rate" to 4800. Under "access" there is a check in the only box.

One final note is most people have needed to be outside to get a signal.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development