PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

kd5ftn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't know a lot about the technology, but I think this is correct.

I have experimentally determined that our phones are, in fact using A-GPS

Indoors, using VisualGPSce, I was seeing 4-5 satellites with a steady fix.

I then turned off the phone (flight mode), and rebooted. I saw 1-2 satellites in and out without obtaining a fix.

Turned the phone on and booted again with service (2 bars). Within a short while, VisualGPSce finds 5 satellites and a fix.

Thus, it seems to me that with the phone on, the cell towers are chiming in, and A-GPS is being used, being able to get a stronger, quicker fix indoors.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
Maybe a stupid question on my part, but did you guys try it outside, it rarely works indoors even my car unit doesnt work when I bring it indoors.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
You need to wait for like 5-10 minutes the first time google maps or live tries to find the satellites, no clue why. You HAVE to be outside, and wait for at least 5 minutes, and it will eventually see 6-9 satellites.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
it takes time, took me 30 minutes to get a signal
Old 01-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB Curve 8330
Carrier: Sprint

jlboom is a n00b
So I downloaded and installed and everything worked on the second try. However, my phone number is different, I'm worried I might have changed something else? Is that normal? Can I just change the number back?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Beyond Mobile

rmancl is a n00b
Post Verizon users it works great!! Here's how...

there are many posts saying its working and a couple of ideas on what to do to make it work but no actual steps. so here is what I did:

!!!!before you start backup your data or move it off the phones memory (storage card will not be effected). also record your A-key if you have it. go to dialer and type ##778 dial. choose view, goto view info on bottom left, then choose a-key. Mine was blank but certain areas have one programmed in. and thats it.

1. Download a) New unlocker b) 3.27 radio c)dcd 2.0 beta (verizon) all downloads referenced in dcd's first post in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362566

2. Run and install unlocker... i used the .bat file...follow instructions exactly
Note: other than unlocking the phone it does not erase anything or make you lose any settings.

3.Run and install Radio rom... just run the "romupdateutility.exe" that is in the down load.

after installing the radio your phone resets and will not boot past verizon screen, this is NORMAL

4. restart phone into boot loader by holding down the Power and Camera buttons, then, reset the phone with the button on the bottom. this will bring you to the tri color screen

5. Run and install the dcd 2.0 beta rom. Even though the instructions say to make sure you activesync first don't worry about this. It will install and restart your phone.

6. program your phone by doing *228 and choosing option 1. after this you will be able to get online but may not be able to make phone calls. Again don't worry this is Normal.

7. this is where things may be different. When i tried to make an out bound phone call i got a verizon message that my phone could not be authinticated. Previous posts indicated that i would need to call to get my A-key. I called verizon and all they had to do was refresh the authintication in their system and it began to work properly. In your area you may need the A-key. set the a key the same way you viewed it earlier but choose edit instead of view. the password is 000000

8. now the fun part GPS!!!!!!
go to your dialer screen and choose menu at the bottom right and then choose options. Goto the services tab and do Get Settings for Location Setting. change option to location NOT 911 only.

8a. Install the GPS application of your choice...google maps works perfect.
8b. In google maps goto menu and choose to use gps. Give it up to 30 minuntes in a window or outside and voila gps working.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I hope it helps people get this done properly and with a little more confidence.

special thanks to all those who figured this stuff out especially dcd and kmartburrito for supplying the rom and proting it over to verizon. also to ImCokeMan for the unlocker. I didn't figure all this out on my own, i just put it in one place.
XV6700
XV6600
Old 01-27-2008, 12:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

kwyatt is a n00b
muyoso and no2chem are exactly right.. My gps wasn't working and I thought i would have to reflash but you just have to go outside and be patient
Old 01-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (6800)

Manson2k is a n00b
Okay, a couple of things I have noticed...

Didn't have any problems with the install (once I did it on an XP machine, my Vista box wouldn't even start the install.) Everything works here for me except for my Exchange email. All my contacts and calendar events synced fine from the web, but i am not receiving new email, nor can I send any new email through messaging. I will hit send on the message, it will go into the outbox, Messaging will sync with the server, but the message will never send (it stays in the outbox.) Furthermore, new email is sitting on the server in the Inbox, this will sync, but the messages never come down to my phone.

Thoughts from anyone?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Beyond Mobile

rmancl is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manson2k View Post
Okay, a couple of things I have noticed...

Didn't have any problems with the install (once I did it on an XP machine, my Vista box wouldn't even start the install.) Everything works here for me except for my Exchange email. All my contacts and calendar events synced fine from the web, but i am not receiving new email, nor can I send any new email through messaging. I will hit send on the message, it will go into the outbox, Messaging will sync with the server, but the message will never send (it stays in the outbox.) Furthermore, new email is sitting on the server in the Inbox, this will sync, but the messages never come down to my phone.

Thoughts from anyone?
I just tried it on my verizon phone and my email sent immediately with my exchange server and i am receiveing mail with no issue, took seconds both ways. Did you check the box to "Send/receive when I click Send. Also might want to set schedule to As Items arrive.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
ok just brought a mogul off ebay today for a good price FINALLY =D>

but have a question. anyone try to install and use MMS yet?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development