PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck in TITAN bootloader? Read this!

The Titan is different than most other PPCs in many ways, but one is the key to exiting the bootloader. Most devices you connect to it with mtty and run the command "set 14 0" then reset (task 8 works). On the Titan/Mogul/6800 the command is "set 16 0".

Now the good news for those who don't want to go the mtty route. I have modified the uni_exitbootloader program with this change so that it will work on the titan.

Usage:
Connect phone to USB port, disable activesync and run the exe. If you need more info search for the other stuck in bootloader threads. There are already many tutorials out there for this process, but this is the only tool with the special Titan exit code.

get it here:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...tan_exitbl.rar

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-14-2008 at 06:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 43 times.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
To follow up on ImCoKeMan, click on the link below for instructions on how to run the application. Remember the only thing different will be the application, instructions are the same.
For vista users the link also contains information that you will need.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Man I could have used this yesterday! lol
I seen a few posts stating that the old Uni worked...

*decides that its not always wise to trust the wisdom of few*
Old 09-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
nice work cokeman.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phidong is becoming a great contributor
Thank you so much for this. I was stuck on bootloader and uni_exitbootloader wasn't working but this worked like a charm.

For those disabling activesync, just end these tasks:
Wcesmgr.exe
Wcescomm.exe
Rapimgr.exe
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by phidong View Post
Thank you so much for this. I was stuck on bootloader and uni_exitbootloader wasn't working but this worked like a charm.

Wcesmgr.exe
Wcescomm.exe
Rapimgr.exe
That's what I was doing wrong. Thanks a bunch
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by phidong View Post

Wcesmgr.exe
Wcescomm.exe
Rapimgr.exe
For those looking for a really easy way to kill active sync, i attached an exe that i found in an old 6600 ROM which will disable activesync so that you can run the exit bootloader app.

-s
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisconnectActiveSync.zip (12.9 KB, 1812 views) Click for barcode!

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
OK, i know i'm probably going to get my ass handed to me for being a n00b or whatever, but i downloaded this and ran the bootloader and got stuck. i deactivated activesynk and double clicked the exitbl to find out that it is not a .exe but a rar. what am i supposed to do? i know it's something small and stupid, so please be kind.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Download winrar to extract the rar file.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Download winrar to extract the rar file.
Thanks cokeman. I don’t know if I can get winrar free somewhere but I went to download.com and got a free trial for I think 40 days. Opened up the exit bootloader and went to unlock my mogul.

I had about 20 minutes of “oh my god I bricked my phone” terror when I tried to run the exit program. This was until I realized that I have to disconnect activesync by going into it on my laptop and going under file>connection settings. I could have kicked my self. I disconnected and ran the program and it worked like a charm. Thanks again. Now I’m running 1.20 and am ready to try some new roms. That wm5 one looks interesting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development