PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 03:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
If someone could do some research for me, it would be much appreciated. I need to know what codec Windows Media Player uses to view 3g2 video on the Omnia.
I don't really know what I'm doing but I did find these web pages for you to start with.

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/pub/...g4.html?page=2

and

http://www.fileextensionhelp.com/extension_3g2.php

I hope this helps you a little. It seems like this is the information you need for .3g2 files:
  • Video codecs
    • H.263 Profile 3: Targeted to videoconferencing
    • MPEG-4 Visual Simple Profile: Basic MPEG-4
    • H.264 (AVC) Baseline Profile: Enhanced MPEG-4 (Advanced Video Coding)
  • Audio codecs
    • AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate): For speech
    • Extended AMR-WB (AMR wideband): For better speech quality
    • Enhanced aacPlus (Advanced Audio Coding): Enhanced with MPEG-4
Old 04-29-2009, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

after searching for a while on microsoft technet, google, and whatnot, it doesn't look like there was a codec ever created for WMP mobile to play these type of files. from everything that i've read, they have to be converted or, use a different player. or were you looking to play .3g2 files on your desktop? if so, cnet download has a codec package that will work for WMP desktop.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

The omnia can play these files. I am trying to figure out what codec is used for it.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Nevermind, its not a codec issue.

Back to the drawing board.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
This is not a complete install of Samsung Today 2. Thats why it didn't work right.

Check the first page for the repo link and get Samsung Today 2 from DXIA5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
Thanks, Adrynalyne. The earlier Samsung Today 2 (9.55MB, 12/23/0 from shokka9's links works fine (so far). First I tried the DXIA5 version (4.82MB 02/01/09) since it was much smaller than the earlier version. FYI it doesn't work with Base 1.0. It didn't appear in Today settings or register search.

Thanks again.

Edit: Strange result of closed parenthesis and date of 08.

Ted
You might need to use the Today 2 just above the DXIA5. DXIA5 did not work for me.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b

Having trouble copying the files Adryn_Base_1_0_Final.7z and i910WM6.1Rev10.CC20.VZW.img from Active Sync to my phone. The message says it cannot copy the files and to make sure there is enough space on the phone (mobile device) in which there's plenty, make sure that the file is not set as read only which it isn't and to make sure that there is permission to copy this file, which I checked off "unblock" and applied it. The Active Sync still shows these 2 as unresolved items. Where do I go from here? Please keep the language simple as I'm new to these fascinating things. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

Lienus is just getting started

You don't have to copy those files to your phone, download them to your desktop and use the umdl to apply them to your phone. Make sure you follow the steps found here http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html exactly as they are written. The i910WM6.1Rev10.CC20.VZW.img will go first using those steps, after you get that done you can flash to 1.0 using the steps in the first post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

yojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

use UMDL program to load them to your phone

edit: what he said^
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:19 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Ok, after much frustration...here is what I have.

My ROM works perfectly fine for playing 3g2 files.

Here is what we know. Opening a 3g2 file outside of Windows Media Player gives invalid file format. Check.
Playing a 3g2 file by opening Windows Media Player and going to open file, works fine. Check.

Behaviour of stock beta rom: Identical.

So its probably a bug, but not one I introduced.

Only issue remaining is to get it so that Touch Player can play the files after being installed via cab. That I will concentrate on now.

Edit: No idea on Touch Player. My guess is that we would need the original version that came with CC20 for it to work, because the i900 ones do not for me. Or it needs to be cooked in prior. TP has all the codecs needed, and it plays divx files (better than stock I might add).

So---in short, I have no idea there. This will have to be set on the backburner. Not trying to shaft you fine folk, but there is a way to play 3g2 files already, and thats the most important thing.

I am sorry

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 04-29-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

some things are just mysterious. Either way I can watch Eddie Murphy's Delirious through WMP or TCPMP now that I have the right version of it so no big deal.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development