PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

.....i took the plunge yesterday after getting the little one from school, and before the wife got home from work. (ya'll married fellers know what i'm talkin' about)

Big A, this ROM is awesome and a big thanks!!!!! the space that i have available even after installing all my junk is killer and the response time for this ROM is really quick.

my n00b report:

ROM: 1.0 base
Flash time: 'bout 15 minutes

Software installed: (all confirmed working excellent)
1. Spb Shell 2.X (w/imarche skins)
2. Spb Diary
3. PhonEx
4. Memmaid
5. Resco Backup
6. Resco Explorer
7. Mobile Office (re-installed from cab)
8. Viigo RSS
9. Vito SoundExplorer
10. Drugwars
11. Bookworm
12. Pocket Uno
13. Bejeweled 2
14. Google mobile (confirmed gps)
15. Live mobile (confirmed gps)
16. Calculator (re-installed from cab)

n00b Helpfuls:

1. it's been mentioned in here a 1000s times and it's even in Big A's sig.... backup, backup, backup. I was able to restore my contacts and appointments without an issue. if you don't want to pay for it, at least download Resco, and use the trial period right before you flash.

2. i enjoy writing instructions for peeps and i like to write them so that if my 6 year old can do it, anyone can do it. having said that, the only thing that i would add in the first post would be to make sure that in active sync, you uncheck "allow usb connections" under connection settings. then just follow the rest of the instructions to flash

3. i had to change my rotation settings from manual to auto, so if you notice that you're screen isn't rotating after the flash, check your screen settings.

4. if you're looking for missing software, check the first post. there is a link to all the files that came with your original rom from verizon.

other than that, this flash went great and again, i would like to thank Adrynalyne for putting this together for all of us.

with the group of folks that we have here for help with our omnia's, it sure makes learning fun and i know that i have a long way to go to understand this stuff. sometimes it's easier to simplify things after reading so many posts about a subject
Old 04-29-2009, 01:01 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Thanks everyone. I am gonna work on the codec issue a bit before bed. Maybe I will get lucky

Sorry i didn't answer the PM earlier, I was stuck in a chem lab.

I disabled rotation on purpose, because setting up your phone when the screen is flopping around drives me nuts. But, as you said, easily reversible
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
Adrynalyne hey i was wondering if samsung 2 will work on 1.0 i loaded it and it all out of wack!

Post the cab file you installed, along with screenshots. All out of whack doesn't tell me much
Old 04-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: omnia i910 Bgill55 Hybrid Rom!
Carrier: VZW

bgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to bgill55

here is the cab i used. i dont have any screen shots!! i deleted it already! but when i had it on there the sizing was all off!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Dr.DoT Samsung Today 2.cab (700.2 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6700

lordchaz is a n00b

sorrybout the noob question, but what is UMDL? and where do i get it? I want to try a different rom on my vzw omnia. I just switched from the htc 6800 and want to customize the omnia.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:48 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
here is the cab i used. i dont have any screen shots!! i deleted it already! but when i had it on there the sizing was all off!

This is not a complete install of Samsung Today 2. Thats why it didn't work right.

Check the first page for the repo link and get Samsung Today 2 from DXIA5.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:27 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Ok, I am going cross-eyed doing directory compares. Enough for tonight.

It appears all the codecs are in place. I wonder if one of them is corrupt.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordchaz View Post
sorrybout the noob question, but what is UMDL? and where do i get it? I want to try a different rom on my vzw omnia. I just switched from the htc 6800 and want to customize the omnia.
the meaning? i'm gonna guess universal mobile downloader. but that's just a crack guess.

http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o...or-omnia-i910/

this is the UMDL that i use. if you're gonna flash, just make sure ya follow the steps and have the modem driver installed from your driver cd that came with your phone.

but it's easy, but sometimes things can be overlooked. if you're hesitant, don't be afraid to ask. there's a ton of knowledge here.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: omnia i910 Bgill55 Hybrid Rom!

bgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to bgill55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
This is not a complete install of Samsung Today 2. Thats why it didn't work right.

Check the first page for the repo link and get Samsung Today 2 from DXIA5.

Much Respect!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:51 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

If someone could do some research for me, it would be much appreciated. I need to know what codec Windows Media Player uses to view 3g2 video on the Omnia.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development