PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

EXELDENT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienus View Post
You don't have to copy those files to your phone, download them to your desktop and use the umdl to apply them to your phone. Make sure you follow the steps found here http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html exactly as they are written. The i910WM6.1Rev10.CC20.VZW.img will go first using those steps, after you get that done you can flash to 1.0 using the steps in the first post.
OK, I've downloaded the umdl to my computer and also the Samsung USBDriver to my Desktop, but I'm not so sure at this point how to use these things or how to use the umdl to apply those other files to my phone. I'm sure it's damn easy and I'm just not making the connection somewhere. My basic question is, now that everything is downloaded to my computer (I see all the icons on my Desktop), how do I use them with the phone? Thanks, really for taking the time to help a total novice who's trying desperately to learn this stuff.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

yojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

strait from http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html

STEP 1: Make sure that the active sync connections on your computer is set so to *DO NOT ALLOW USB CONNECTIONS.
Step 2: In your phone settings, switch the USB connection from active sync to sync with Mass Storage. Then turn off your phone until later.
Step 3: Open the Samsung Omnia UMDL
Step 4: Select Unified Image File (*img) and search for the samsung i910 firmware (i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img)
Step 5: Click the detect button
Step 6: Plug in your phone while it is still turned off.
Step 7: When you plug it in, turn on the phone.
Step8: Your phone should have been detected and the firmware should be written to the disc. Wait for the blue highlight on the UMDL.
Step 9: It should be rebooting and you will need to setup windows again.
Step 10: To turn the GPS on, go to settings -> Phone -> GPS -> Change settings from 911 to location on.
Step 11: Soft reset the phone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Lurker

Lienus is just getting started

First make sure you set your activesync to not allow usb connections and set your phone to mass storage in settings/connections. After that turn off your phone. Open umdl and click on Unified File Image. I assume you have the beta rom file on your desktop so click on the desktop button on the left select the file and click open. You'll see that several of the blank fields in umdl now have info in them. Now click on Detect.

Plug in your phone and make sure the power is still off. Once it's plugged in go ahead and power it up, the umdl should detect it and it will instal the firmware. Wait for the blue highlight on the umdl, that will indicate it's complete. Your phone should reboot once it's done if I'm not mistaken. After that your beta rom will be officially installed.

You will use those same steps for 1.0, but instead of clicking on Unified File Image you will instead click on the button labled PDA.

In the side bar at the site where you got the beta rom there should be a link for a guide, I reccommend downloading it because it has the step by step instructions and it also has images to help you along the way. It really helped me out.

Last edited by Lienus; 04-29-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Edit for typos. ><
Old 04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b

Sorry that I didn't read all those steps before because I thought I was supposed to do some of the steps at the top 1st. My problem now is that I cannot open the umdl file. A message keeps coming up that an unknown error has occurred. Let me ask you a question. This desktop computer is Windows XP. Is it possible for me to do all these things from my laptop which is Windows Vista? Can I run all these programs and Active Sync from Vista? Thanks for your time.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't think anyone mentioned that you will need to decompress the files first. If they have .7z, .zip, .jar or .rar extensions then they are compressed. Use 7zip, Winzip or the equivalent to extract the files to your desktop. UMDL will have a green Omnia icon for the .exe. The leaked Verizon ROM will have a .img extension. The Adrynalyne Base 1.0 file will have a .bin extension.

Edit: Another compressed file type is .exe, which is a self extracting file. Just click on it to decompress.

The drivers should be installed to your XP desktop.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.

Last edited by xPosTech; 04-29-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXELDENT View Post
Sorry that I didn't read all those steps before because I thought I was supposed to do some of the steps at the top 1st. My problem now is that I cannot open the umdl file. A message keeps coming up that an unknown error has occurred. Let me ask you a question. This desktop computer is Windows XP. Is it possible for me to do all these things from my laptop which is Windows Vista? Can I run all these programs and Active Sync from Vista? Thanks for your time.
I used XP and ActiveSync. If you use Vista you will use Windows Mobile Device Center.

Ted
Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

bedojo is a n00b

i donno if this was mentioned before , but i have some feed back
awesome rom :P
but...
start>settings>sound & notifications > notifications > event
if you try to change any of the ring types, like to vibrate and ring, it doesnt work, try to enable viberate on txt message, doesnt work, i got vibrate and ring to work via spb 3, but changing it in the settings and hitting ok does do anything
thanks

also alot of the options in the settings menu doesnt apply what you changed when hitting ok, and doesnt close the window when you hit ok, just flashes and stays at that page with the original settings
Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i did everything from my vista laptop just make sure u have the usp driver installed and windows device manager with "connect through usb" un-clicked.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:30 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedojo View Post
i donno if this was mentioned before , but i have some feed back
awesome rom :P
but...
start>settings>sound & notifications > notifications > event
if you try to change any of the ring types, like to vibrate and ring, it doesnt work, try to enable viberate on txt message, doesnt work, i got vibrate and ring to work via spb 3, but changing it in the settings and hitting ok does do anything
thanks

also alot of the options in the settings menu doesnt apply what you changed when hitting ok, and doesnt close the window when you hit ok, just flashes and stays at that page with the original settings

Check first post please
Old 04-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

hey Adrynalyne, I know this is a little off-topic, but have you gotten a chance to look at that black samsung dialer again?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development