PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

www.softspb.com you can download the trial there then decide if you want to buy it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Ra View Post
to get GPS working first go to Star>Settings>Phone>Services>GPS-change settings and put it to location ON. Then use the browser to download googlemaps (unless Adrynalyne cooked it in...I forget...) Open google maps, click menu and click settings, GPS and set it to manual, and put COM8 57600 baud and click ok. Then at the map again click menu and check use GPS. go outside and it can take a few minutes (10 or so) to get that first lock. and once it locks Voila! you have GPS. As for clicking ok...are you using stylus? or finger..sometimes those pesky little ok's up in the corner can be a pain to hit...maybe try to align your screen.

oh and SPB MS3 works great...I have it on mine and love it.
In addition to Gmaps GPSToggle is a good little program to keep a lock on the sats. I use Today 2 to display/enable the toggle.

Omega will MS3 display GPSToggle for him without Today (or Today 2)?

It is a great little program.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

GPS toggle is just a today plugin. So SPB runs Over the today screen, so I just minimize MS and turn BAF GPS toggle on then put spb back up. Don't need today 1 or 2 to have it on there...you can have it as the only thing on your today screen if you want..
Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Ra View Post
GPS toggle is just a today plugin. So SPB runs Over the today screen, so I just minimize MS and turn BAF GPS toggle on then put spb back up. Don't need today 1 or 2 to have it on there...you can have it as the only thing on your today screen if you want..
There you go, EXELDENT. BAFGPSToggle will keep you locked in to the sats. Then, when you open Gmaps, you will have a lock.

That's after the initial lock after any soft reset. Every time you soft reset, it will take a few minutes to get a lock. This way, you will have your lock when you need it.

Ted
Old 04-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

cmanbrooks is a n00b

Alright fellas been around the forums, but new to posting.

I just downloaded this ROM and ran into a pretty major issue, maybe a bricked phone? IDK

I download and installed the cooked ROM first. Ending with the phone being stuck on the OMNIA loading bar screen. Read a guy was having the same problem and was told to simply flash the beta ROM now. Taking this advice I downloaded the beta ROM, disconnected the battery to turn the phone off (per downloading instructions), and now it will not boot up no matter what I do. HELP PLEASE
Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

winmar is just getting started

@EXELDENT
I think the ok window that won't close is because on the ROM all of the ringers were removed. Adrynalyne has posted one on here in the first post as well, Once dowloaded move that file to your phone and using the stock file explorer prees and hold on the file and a popup will show, then select set as ringtone. At that point you should be able to close the phone settings window each time you open it.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:29 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Thanks winmar.

To be fixed next revision, which will be soon.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker

cmanbrooks is a n00b

UPDATE

Phone boots and freezes at OMNIA loading bar only when plugged into a wall charger. Does not boot at all when plugged into the USB connector or when running off battery.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanbrooks View Post
Alright fellas been around the forums, but new to posting.

I just downloaded this ROM and ran into a pretty major issue, maybe a bricked phone? IDK

I download and installed the cooked ROM first. Ending with the phone being stuck on the OMNIA loading bar screen. Read a guy was having the same problem and was told to simply flash the beta ROM now. Taking this advice I downloaded the beta ROM, disconnected the battery to turn the phone off (per downloading instructions), and now it will not boot up no matter what I do. HELP PLEASE

My apologies for this unfortunate incident, and I am sure you don't need to be told that you should have read the FAQ...have you tried a hard reset with the buttons? Hold in the reset button, the two bottom buttons (end call and call), until the format option comes up.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanbrooks View Post
UPDATE

Phone boots and freezes at OMNIA loading bar only when plugged into a wall charger. Does not boot at all when plugged into the USB connector or when running off battery.
It sounds like you tried flashing with an almost discharged battery. With an almost dead battery the phone can attempt a boot only with a high current connection, which the USB cable is not. I doubt if the charge circuit is enabled at this point.

Do you have a friend with an i910? If so, charge your battery on his phone/charger then flash with the CC20 leaked Rom.

Worth a shot.

Ted
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development