PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 04:35 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

No. I will this weekend.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

okie dokie then.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b

Ok guys and gals. "FINALLY" I was able to download the idoctors CC20 firmware into my phone. Next thing I want to flash Adryn's 1.0 ROM but I never downloaded the beta ROM to my computer. Do I have to do that 1st? If so, could somebody show me where it is and how I should download it. Otherwise, could somebody show me the exact link I need to use to download the 1.0 ROM. Oh yeah, how do you activate the GPS now that the firmware is installed? Thanks much.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXELDENT View Post
Ok guys and gals. "FINALLY" I was able to download the idoctors CC20 firmware into my phone. Next thing I want to flash Adryn's 1.0 ROM but I never downloaded the beta ROM to my computer. Do I have to do that 1st? If so, could somebody show me where it is and how I should download it. Otherwise, could somebody show me the exact link I need to use to download the 1.0 ROM. Oh yeah, how do you activate the GPS now that the firmware is installed? Thanks much.
The CC20 firmware IS the beta ROM. if you have that loaded into your phone then you can flash Adrynalyne's 1.0.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b

Thanks for the info. Duhhh. Well I guess the next question is do I download Adryn's 1.0 ROM directly to the phone or to the computer and then the phone via ?Active Sync? or from the Desktop? Is the download at the beginning of this thread that directs you to 4shared.com and is called Adryn_Base_1_0_Final.7z? Looks obvious, but I've learned not to take anything for granted. Especially when you never know when you're the next Omnia phone to get bricked for not doing something right. Thanks very much.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ok......Download his ROM to your computer, unzip it. Run UMDL, click PDA (not unified image) and find the .bin file that you got when you unzipped. Click detect. With Phone turned OFF (not standby) plug it in, then turn on and it will load the ROM. it will reboot when done...then you are finished.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910

j32driver is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXELDENT View Post
Thanks for the info. Duhhh. Well I guess the next question is do I download Adryn's 1.0 ROM directly to the phone or to the computer and then the phone via ?Active Sync? or from the Desktop? Is the download at the beginning of this thread that directs you to 4shared.com and is called Adryn_Base_1_0_Final.7z? Looks obvious, but I've learned not to take anything for granted. Especially when you never know when you're the next Omnia phone to get bricked for not doing something right. Thanks very much.
Nevermind... Omega has it covered.

I'm stuck on CC20. My USB in my laptop started flaking out about 3 minutes after I flashed both mine and my wifes phones. Can't take the chance of my USB quitting mid-flash until the official ROM is released. Then I can blame Verizon if things go South.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b

Thanks Omega Ra. All went very well. The download executed without a hitch. Now I'd like to know how I utilize the GPS now that it's unlocked. Also, I find that if I go into "phone" and try to get out of it by tapping "ok", nothing happens. You're locked into that screen unless you tap "settings" and try to go into something else. Is this a known "bug" with this ROM? Also, what about downloading Mobile Shell 3. How does it work with this ROM?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

to get GPS working first go to Star>Settings>Phone>Services>GPS-change settings and put it to location ON. Then use the browser to download googlemaps (unless Adrynalyne cooked it in...I forget...) Open google maps, click menu and click settings, GPS and set it to manual, and put COM8 57600 baud and click ok. Then at the map again click menu and check use GPS. go outside and it can take a few minutes (10 or so) to get that first lock. and once it locks Voila! you have GPS. As for clicking ok...are you using stylus? or finger..sometimes those pesky little ok's up in the corner can be a pain to hit...maybe try to align your screen.

oh and SPB MS3 works great...I have it on mine and love it.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b

Thanks Omega Ra, you're great. Yes I'm using the stylus, and no matter how many times I tap on OK, I can't get out of that screen. How weird is that? By the way, where can I find the SPB MS3 download?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development