PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 03:00 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
Adryn - Re: Rel.1.3

I'm trying to decide whether to flash to 1.3 from 1.0. Perusing Post #1 and discovered there was an issue in Touch. This has to do with screen alignment? I downloaded your tweak.

There is no call log? Or just no Samsung call log? I can do without the Phonebook (I use contacts). Shokka9 doesn't have a call log listed. How would I find one to replace it? Do the Shells (SPB, M2D, etc.) have their own call logs?

Easy Settings I won't miss - except for the 5% battery increments. We're back to 20%? I can live with this I guess.

Anyone upgraded to 1.3 yet? I've downloaded and waiting on the charger to do its job. On second thought, it's been a long day. Think I'll wait until tomorrow morning. (Yawn)

Ted

There is still a call log, just not the Samsung one. That said, just about every UI has their own, aside from M2D, but you wouldnt notice the difference in what I did.

As for Easy Settings--the 5% settings are completely bogus. I had it saying i had 75% power, after being fully charged and reading as such everywhere else. The program gives false readings. Also, there is a bug where if you set it to your own ringtone, you get the stupid 1960s one. Not that it is still in my rom anyway....

You can still install Favorite Settings from the repo. Its the same program.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:01 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
M2d 1.3????

Soon. Sooner if I have a tester so I don't have to keep flashing my phone. Are you volunteering?

Old 05-03-2009, 03:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

ArdvarkOfDoom is just getting started

OK, I guess most of the changes are not as noticeable, but hopefully the touch tweak will make the phone respond better You know what, I actually do like the V3 icons vs the V4 now that I see them again. Time to reset up the phone now :/
Old 05-03-2009, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh... btw... how easy is it to change that sound when the phone turns on? And likewise, if you can change it, how long can it be?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:44 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Not much longer than it already is.

Just find a wav you like--and rename it pwr_off.wav and pwr_on.wav and copy it over itself.

I had a really nice sounding wav initially planned, but it wouldnt play. So there is apparently a limit to the type of sounds it will play.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Heh, it would be pimp to get a shortened version of the THX sound

So, as for V1.3... HOLY BALLS BATMAN. It is much more sensitive/responsive than I've seen on my device on all the ROMs that I've flashed too. Noticed the big change especially with MS3. I'm actually liking iContact as well. Much better look/interface, IMHO. Now, it doesn't bother me because I use WMWifiRouter... and it might also be a conflict with WMWifirouter... but when I click "IntShrUI", it pops up an error message that says "'IntShrUI' is not a valid Pocket PC application". Don't know if anyone else is experiencing that problem.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:04 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

No, its not just you.

I'll look into it.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

OK, so I have absolutely NO IDEA about how to cook so sorry if this sound stupid... but did you maybe cook the exe instead of the cab into the ROM?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:15 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

No its the same OEM I used last rom revision, where it worked. I must have nixed something somewhere. Running through some tests now.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

The OEM package I made broke for whatever reason. I have made a new OEM package, and am re-uploading the rom.

There is no longer a shortcut in Start Menu\Programs though. It works fine, just access it through \Windows, which incidently is pretty easy to navigate since I decrapified it
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development