PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

yotamaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.3

I can't get the GPS to lock on Google Maps.

I flashed to the beta rom, then to adrynalyne's 1.3v rom. Have MS3 installed. I set my GPS in phone settings to Location on. Google Map's settings are Com8 57600 baud. I toggle GPS in GM, and in the upper right hand corner it says Initializing, then after a minute or two GM pops up a message saying no GPS reciever can be found (with an option to retry or cancel). Anyone know what's up? I am dying to get this to work! Any help is much appreciated!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamaster View Post
I can't get the GPS to lock on Google Maps.

I flashed to the beta rom, then to adrynalyne's 1.3v rom. Have MS3 installed. I set my GPS in phone settings to Location on. Google Map's settings are Com8 57600 baud. I toggle GPS in GM, and in the upper right hand corner it says Initializing, then after a minute or two GM pops up a message saying no GPS reciever can be found (with an option to retry or cancel). Anyone know what's up? I am dying to get this to work! Any help is much appreciated!
Make sure you're outside and a good distance away from trees and/or buildings for the first lock.

Also, I downloaded GPS Toggle and that seems to speed up the process.
Attached Files
File Type: cab GPSToggle.cab (21.0 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Matticus

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The Windows Live fix worked like a charm. As always, marvelous work and very fast. In case anyone else is in the same boat, here is the process I used. First, sign out of Windows Live. Install the cab, soft reset, sign back in, and voila, life is once again good in the land of Hotmail!!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus View Post
The Windows Live fix worked like a charm. As always, marvelous work and very fast. In case anyone else is in the same boat, here is the process I used. First, sign out of Windows Live. Install the cab, soft reset, sign back in, and voila, life is once again good in the land of Hotmail!!
it took me AGES to get WL to work again but now i'm back to normal
Old 05-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: verizon

veja74 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Crud, I forgot about it. Give me till this weekend. I have tests and projects all week. This is a pretty complex program to reconstruct.
No problem... I just appreciate your willingness to do it when you can. I'll look for the files after the weekend. Thanks again!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:47 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9 View Post
This method doesn't work for me. Whenever you input a @hotmail address into the account setup it just ends up pointing to a link to login and open mail in Opera.

Also just a note, not being critical rather just to inform. This is the first version whereas my backup restore in "rom upgrade mode" was not too functional: ala only way to get SPB M3 working was to hard reset and start from scratch.

Another observation: Personally I don't care for the new contacts manager: iContact or whatever. My opinion is keep base rom = base - no extras or replacements just the absolute necessary. Another thought to this is what happens when a given app gets a new release version and its cooked into the rom?

Thanks again for your hard work Adrynalyne, much appreciated!

Nothing I can do about backups not working. The WL Mail fix is in the first post, and last but not least--iContact may be included with the ROM, but is not contained in ROM. You can delete it.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

Weird icontact problem. This might just be me cause I use PhoneAlarm but my missed call count doesn't reset after I check my missed call. It just stays on 1. I don't remember that being a problem with Pocket CM and I know it isn't a problem with the standard call log or the samsung one.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

ArdvarkOfDoom is just getting started

I noticed that i was locking quicker with mangaged by windows instead of com 8 with this flash. Don't know why.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I might just put the Samsung phonebook and call log back in next release.

Less headache
Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9 View Post
Is it just me or is any one else having issue getting SPB Mobile Shell 3 installed on Base v1.3?

Note: This could be due to my attempt at restoring backup via spb backup - rom upgrade mode, however never had this problem before and I have even tried removing and re-installing spb MS3. It's like its there in the menu and bottom right spb Home but nothing will bring it up even after a soft reset.
I recall needing to restore my backup twice as I had a similar situation after flashing 1.3. After that it seemed alright. FWIW though, I've had several lockups today where the Microsoft error report popped up for mobileshell.exe.

I don't think that happened under 1.0-1.2. Might be a coincidence. Lazer9, did you get past your trouble with MS3 and 1.3?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development