PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.3

you'll figure it out eventually, you are the man. I know it's not a top priority.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:31 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I learned something interesting today. My roms seem pretty barren, but I just stripped down all the extra stuff I add while testing this today--my rom had 144mb free on flash LOL. Thats 8 more free than current version.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

LOL man that is a TON of space.. I have 100 free after installing a bunch of stuff
Old 05-08-2009, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

mad_jester is just getting started

Adrynalyne, before I busted my phone I was using your 1.2 Rom. Awesome stuff, I love it. However, before I buy you copious amounts of beer, I have a question, well 3 questions:

It's my understanding that if/when an official Verizon ROM with GPS comes out we won't be able to flash to it from your rom, correct?

If that's the case, would it be possible to flash back to the full beta rom then to the official?

And if that too is a "no" will you be cooking a new rom based off the official rom, or will Your roms always be from the beta rom? (Until you have a 6.5 rom anyway.)

Thank you very much for your hard work and your generosity in making this available to everyone. I know I greatly appreciate all your hard work and will be contributing to your alcoholism.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Lurker

walterdo is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to walterdo Send a message via AIM to walterdo Send a message via MSN to walterdo Send a message via Yahoo to walterdo

Just installed your 1.3 ROM great Job..I did find however a little quirks with SPB Mobile Shell 3.0, for the most part it works the way it used to except for the Start Menu over-ride feature for the start menu does not work. Has anyone else had this problem on 1.3????
Previous Devices - HTC XV6600, Samsung i600
XV 6700 User - VerizonGuy's WM6 ROM Devl4
Radio 1.43
Pimp Your ROM
Old 05-08-2009, 07:47 PM
N00b

I know when I installed MS3 on 1.2 I had to go into the MS3 settings and turn that feature on. Did you try that?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Lurker

walterdo is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to walterdo Send a message via AIM to walterdo Send a message via MSN to walterdo Send a message via Yahoo to walterdo

Yeah I actually turned it on and did the soft reset and did not work, so I tried turrning off, soft reset, then tried turning it back on again with a reset and it still does not work. But everything else works like a champ so if this is the only thing I can live with it.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:27 PM
N00b

That's weird because I just finished installing 1.3 and MS3, turned on Start Override, and it works fine. So it doesn't look like it's an issue with the ROM. Maybe try reinstalling MS3?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker

walterdo is a n00b

Yeah I will give that a try then...Thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_jester View Post
Adrynalyne, before I busted my phone I was using your 1.2 Rom. Awesome stuff, I love it. However, before I buy you copious amounts of beer, I have a question, well 3 questions:

It's my understanding that if/when an official Verizon ROM with GPS comes out we won't be able to flash to it from your rom, correct?

If that's the case, would it be possible to flash back to the full beta rom then to the official?

And if that too is a "no" will you be cooking a new rom based off the official rom, or will Your roms always be from the beta rom? (Until you have a 6.5 rom anyway.)

Thank you very much for your hard work and your generosity in making this available to everyone. I know I greatly appreciate all your hard work and will be contributing to your alcoholism.

You should be able to flash straight to official, and yes, when the official comes out, I will cook that. And when WM 6.5 is officially released, i'll probably cook that as well. Right now its a frankenstein 6.1/6.5 mixture.

I was holding off on releasing 1.4 till I saw what happens next week. I don't think there will be a rom release 5/11, but there is no urgency to bring out a new build either. Most of the fires in 1.3 have been put out in the way of patches.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development