PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

I get the feeling this must be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway...

If I do a total backup (using SPB Backup) of my phone (running leaked ROM) then flash 1.0, I can then do a total restore and it won't put back all the bloatware that was dropped?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
I get the feeling this must be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway...

If I do a total backup (using SPB Backup) of my phone (running leaked ROM) then flash 1.0, I can then do a total restore and it won't put back all the bloatware that was dropped?
That's a really good question, because i too just recently had to re-flash to the "leaked" rom and re-installed all my apps that i'm running. Then backed up with Resco.

I really want to try Big A's cooking skills myself. So if we flash over to 1.0 and restore from back up, what are we left with?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

The bloat too, most likely. I am not sure, to be honest. I only restore backups from the same rom version.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:14 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
Adrynalyne,

Great Job!!!!

I've got a couple of things to ask you.

1.) When I boot it up now I get an error. It's EventBroker.exe the error says, "The file 'EventBroker' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." I already did an update with Resco so I don't know if it is a ROM file or one of mine from something else I installed.

2.) Is it possible to add internet connection sharing to your next ROM? It's just something that I think would be nice in a ROM.

3.) Can you add the calculator back in? It doesn't have to be the default one, I don't care. I just need a calculator and it seems that is something that should be in a ROM.

4.) I need to have Office Back. I tried your links from the previous thread but they just locked up. Any advice?

1. Thats a program in ROM. Does it happen every reboot, or just after installing certain things (normal for winmo)?

2. Yes.

3. Addressed. Thanks Lienus

4. It doesn't lock up for me. Same advice I gave someone else. Back up, and try it from a HR. If it still locks up, I will see what I can do. (I use Office from My Storage). There are just too many variables of possibly conflicting software. Worse case scenario, we could manually install it. Its not as bad as it sounds
Old 04-26-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
Adrynalyne,

Great Job!!!!

I've got a couple of things to ask you.

1.) When I boot it up now I get an error. It's EventBroker.exe the error says, "The file 'EventBroker' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." I already did an update with Resco so I don't know if it is a ROM file or one of mine from something else I installed.

2.) Is it possible to add internet connection sharing to your next ROM? It's just something that I think would be nice in a ROM.

3.) Can you add the calculator back in? It doesn't have to be the default one, I don't care. I just need a calculator and it seems that is something that should be in a ROM.

4.) I need to have Office Back. I tried your links from the previous thread but they just locked up. Any advice?
Odd, I tried 1.0 base and 1.0 m2d and didn't have these issues. I currently have 1.0m2d with office installed ( though I had to create my own links).
One of the early betas gave me an intermitten startup error, but I couldn't track it down and 0.7 fixed it.

Just outta curiosity, does everyone hard reset the storage too? I do this EVERY flash.

Observation: Grigoris v4 has a much more compleate Icon set. Though it still has nothing for evdo and the data transfer animated arrows. With the new start button in 1.0 I got to thinking, it would be great if I could get a icon set in grey tones to match!

Last edited by bornl33t; 04-26-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:38 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

I don't.

Doesn't hurt, of course.

I just made several manually extracted folders for Office, and its ugly. I highly reccomend trying the HR method, because it should work fine. Otherwise, I can upload this stuff, but it will all have to be dropped into Windows and no guarantee it will work.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:11 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

weird mouse i tried to change the mouse and i get a black box as a mouse now any idea
Old 04-26-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b

Stupid questions, Adrynalyne. I'd like to download your 1.0 ROM. I did a Resco backup on the memory card I purchased. A few things before starting. 1) Is there a need to remove the memory card before starting? 2) Should all this downloading be done on my desktop 1st and then transfer using the USB cable connection? 3) Do I need to install the VZAccess Manager Software 1st from the disc? 4) What is the difference between the 1.0 base ROM and the 1.0 m2d ROM? Is there anything else I should know before doing this? Is this your final version of this ROM or should I wait a little longer? Don't think of me as too ignorant, you know that this is my first time at all this. I'm just a humble dentist from New Jersey. I could talk about root canals all day, but I am enjoying learning about all this computer lingo and techniques. Thanks as always for your input. You have all my respect. You are definitely one of the best on this forum!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

Lienus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXELDENT View Post
2) Should all this downloading be done on my desktop 1st and then transfer using the USB cable connection?
You will download to your pc first, you can get the step by step instructions here, http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html since you will need to install that beta rom first. Download the stuff from the sidebar first and follow the instructions step by step. After you've done that just go to the faq on the first page and follow the instructions at the bottom of the first post and you'll be good to go.

I didn't remove my card when installing though I imagine it wouldn't hurt. I'm new to this too so I can't say for sure, it installed perfectly though. And the 1.0 rom will run on the stock omnia user interface, 1.0m2d will run off of the manilla 2d interface if I'm not mistaken. Again I'm new to this so if anyone reads this correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:30 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
weird mouse i tried to change the mouse and i get a black box as a mouse now any idea

There are no additional mouse cursors aside from the default one. The file that loads them shows previews, but they are not there. Space savings this big comes with some sacrifices, and I weighed the functionality of the other cursors and found them wanting. So I removed them, and left the default.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 04-26-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development