PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 12:31 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienus View Post
You will download to your pc first, you can get the step by step instructions here, http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html since you will need to install that beta rom first. Download the stuff from the sidebar first and follow the instructions step by step. After you've done that just go to the faq on the first page and follow the instructions at the bottom of the first post and you'll be good to go.

I didn't remove my card when installing though I imagine it wouldn't hurt. I'm new to this too so I can't say for sure, it installed perfectly though. And the 1.0 rom will run on the stock omnia user interface, 1.0m2d will run off of the manilla 2d interface if I'm not mistaken. Again I'm new to this so if anyone reads this correct me if I'm wrong.

Quite right. The stock actually runs off of the stock Windows Mobile 6.1 interface, but otherwise, dead on.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Schenley is a n00b
Re: Adrynalyne's Base ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongs View Post
Hi Robtao - The phone is dead, nothing I can do to reflash. The power doesn't turn on.

This is what I did. First time flash on i910 after reading weeks on many forums.
1. Flashed with beta rom, went OK. Bootup as normal phone with new features like Dice and others.

2. Then I turnoff the phone start with Omina UMDL as before and follow steps listed in the first post of this #1. Select PDA & 0.9 flashrom.bin & Detect. Connect usb with phone (off already) and turn on. I did the both USB connection activesync disable already. It flashed 100% and said Finished & Launched.
3. I thought after this completion it will reboot itself and phone will start as usual, BUT it went dead. No power can turn on, took off battery nothing works. Charging no indication. The Blue highlight on the UMDL didn't show, remains as green.
4. Used XP PC, & flashed 6800 & 6900 experience before. The USB is not rev 1.1, newer. Flashed the beta rom and 0.9 follows in flashing. I am losing confidence flashing when 1.0 available.

Any suggestion can helps.
The same exact thing happened to me. I did the beta last night and was playing with the new features like the dice. I let the phone charge overnight, so I know the battery was good. This morning I followed the steps at the bottom of the first post in this thread using Adrynalyne's 1.0. UMDL stated that the update finished successfully, and the phone powered off. I have been unable to get it working again - tried removing the battery for a couple hours, plugging in the charger, and plugging it into the USB on the computer. The weird thing is that the device is recognized as MONAHANS when it's plugged in. However, no drivers are installed, so it shows up in device manager as an "Other Device." However, you cannot browse to the card or anything. (Maybe Monahan's is a brick company?)

I'm going to Verizon to plead ignorance and see what happens. I don't think I have the insurance, though... ;-(

Oh, and it's not like I'm a noob - I've flashed my xv6700 at least 20 times and work in the computer industry. I also hack all my game systems.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Monahans error is a risk you take with flashing--pretty sure its bricked, but check through this thread. Its an unfortunate incident, but could have happened with anybody's rom.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o...s-repair-info/
Old 04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

the last one is my own skin for fingerkeyboard 2.1

Last edited by Omega Ra; 04-26-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Lurker

leongs is a n00b

Schenley -
"The weird thing is that the device is recognized as MONAHANS when it's plugged in. However, no drivers are installed, so it shows up in device manager as an "Other Device." However, you cannot browse to the card or anything."

Sorry to hear your dead phone.
Mine has the same listed as "MONAHANS". I did play with the DICE program a couple times. Dice is the only builtin program I touched. I didn't HR, hardreset before the 0.9 flash. I though it shouldn't make any difference since flashed UMDL a few minutes just before with 0.9.
I'm waiting for my replacement and thinking should I try again or not.
Good luck with Verizon.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700 - Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

dopepope is becoming a great contributor

Installed the new ROM. Great work!
I read the thread, and I havnt seen this issue addressed (I think).
When using threaded texting, if more than one text is recieved from one person, just opening the conversation once doesnt clear all the new texts, it only clears one. I have to open the convo as many times as there are new texts to make it read as no new texts. any ideas?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Lurker

leongs is a n00b

I don't think your ROM cause this. I'm trying to figure out what went wrong so I can continue enjoying your new 1.0 with my replacement.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Schenley is a n00b

Yea, Adrynalyne - I'm not blaming you!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dmitt25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopepope View Post
Installed the new ROM. Great work!
I read the thread, and I havnt seen this issue addressed (I think).
When using threaded texting, if more than one text is recieved from one person, just opening the conversation once doesnt clear all the new texts, it only clears one. I have to open the convo as many times as there are new texts to make it read as no new texts. any ideas?

Mine has this issue too, but I noticed it before I ever flashed a PDA ROM... I noticed it with the Verizon Leaked ROM. That and the not registering the first letter typed when entering a text message..
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Yes the not registering text issue is a bug with any keyboard on any beta based rom.

Sucks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development