PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Reporting in that I did a restore of my SPB full backup after flashing 1.0. Actually, the system was kind of "messed up" (sorry for the tech-speak) after the restore but I did it a second time and things seem quite functional.

I did not get all the bloatware back although oddly I did get just a few things on the list of items removed. Those are Visual Voice Mail, Photoslides and Mobile IM. Why those three from that whole list I do not know.

I am still checking all my restored apps but so far so good. I still have 92.88MB free storage. Noticeable increase from the 8-10MB I ran with before flashing.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Schenley is a n00b

Adrynalyne: Works great! I originally installed the flavor with M2D, but then realized that I don't like the M2D setup (it's been a while since I used it and I forgot what it was

So, I reflashed with your base ROM, and even that went well.

I installed Google Maps and AmazeGPS and was blown away by the satellite views! Holy crap - that is some fun stuff. I had a two hour (each way) ride today, so it was very cool to see the satellite views of what I was driving past. I'm lucky I didn't start a pileup

Funny thing is when I went to install apps, my instinct was to install to storage memory or the card. Then I realized how much room was left on the 'device' and that it'd be silly not to use some of it!

Thanks again... Off to find out about geotagging stuff. That's the one thing I've been wanting with the GPS finally available.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Lurker

jxa4508 is a n00b

This may seem like a very odd question, but I downloaded the "kitchen.7z" from your 4shared folder, is there a way I can import that file into the BuildOS/ppcKitchen to play around with?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

That kitchen has buildOS already in it.

Just needs a rom extracted and its ready to play with.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Screenshot?
Fixed!

It was my backup. I did a new v1.0 ROM flash and didn't update.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:57 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Ya'll (yeah I said y'all) can feel safe backing up apps now, only minor revisions from here on out, none of which will make or break ya.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nvrmind is keeping up the good worknvrmind is keeping up the good work

At least until the official release, then it's back to the drawing board, eh?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

Just a suggestion...

The Taskmanager is ok but doesn't really do much. You might want to try FDC Taskmanager. It is very a powerful program. Here is the link http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm
Check it out...
Old 04-28-2009, 03:38 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrmind View Post
At least until the official release, then it's back to the drawing board, eh?

Pretty much. Hoping Wozzer will share his 6.5 kitchen with me once he irons out the issues
Old 04-28-2009, 03:38 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
Just a suggestion...

The Taskmanager is ok but doesn't really do much. You might want to try FDC Taskmanager. It is very a powerful program. Here is the link http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm
Check it out...

I'll keep it in mind, thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development